GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 01:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2019, 23:54
Welcome all Fisher class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

Fisher Decision Tracker & Historical Admit Data | Add Fisher to your profile

S
Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

Fisher MBA Deadlines: 2020 Intake
RoundApplication DueDecisions by
EarlyOctober 13, 2019November 22, 2019
Round 1December 1, 2019January 17, 2020
Round 2January 12, 2020March 13, 2020
Round 3February 16, 2020April 17, 2020
Round 4May 10, 2020May 29, 2020
FinalMay 31, 2020June 19, 2020

!
3 reasons to apply early:

1. MERIT-BASED AID / SCHOLARSHIPS: By applying (and being admitted), early applicants can ensure they have the best chance at receiving merit-based aid. The availability of merit-based aid will decrease after each deadline.

2. CLASS SIZE: Fisher intentionally limits its incoming class sizes. The earlier applicants submit their application, the more space we have available for potential students.

3. INTEREST: Applying early to Ohio State is a good signal that you place a priority on attending our MBA program. A strong interest in enrollment at Ohio State is highly valued by our admissions team.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

Fisher Essay Questions

• ESSAY TOPIC 1: What are your short-term and long term goals? How/why will an MBA help you achieve those goals? (Max 500 words)
  • ESSAY TOPIC 2: Please tell us about the accomplishment you are most proud of. How will this experience allow you to contribute a unique perspective to the Fisher community? (Max 400 words)
  • SUPPLEMENTAL ESSAY (Optional): This optional essay can be used to address any circumstances you’d like the Admissions Committee to be aware of (gaps in work history, academic performance, choice of recommenders, etc.). (Max words: 250)

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2019, 00:33
Update: Deadlines and Essay questions added in the thread.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2019, 00:36
dbsheta, roykabir772, and all other early round applicants: Welcome to the thread. Feel free to post app updates and any queries you have in this thread.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 19:36
Hi all,

I just got the IELTS result. Sadly, although overall score is 7.5, my speaking score is only 6.0.
As Fisher states recommended score of speaking be 7.0, I wonder how IELTS really affects acceptance/scholarship chance.

Really need you guys wise advise.

Thanks in advance.
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 20:41
thuytt wrote:
Hi all,

I just got the IELTS result. Sadly, although overall score is 7.5, my speaking score is only 6.0.
As Fisher states recommended score of speaking be 7.0, I wonder how IELTS really affects acceptance/scholarship chance.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think English Proficiency test scores affect scholarships (pls correct me if I'm wrong). However, when I met Fisher admissions team at The MBA Tour, it was mentioned that these scores could affect chances of acceptance in case of international applicants, if two or more have similar profiles. So if you have either a very high gmat/gre or very good work exp, you should not be worried that much.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 20:39
dbsheta wrote:
thuytt wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

I don't think English Proficiency test scores affect scholarships (pls correct me if I'm wrong). However, when I met Fisher admissions team at The MBA Tour, it was mentioned that these scores could affect chances of acceptance in case of international applicants, if two or more have similar profiles. So if you have either a very high gmat/gre or very good work exp, you should not be worried that much.

Thank you for sharing. My GMAT is 710. I guest that score is just enough, but not oustanding so I am not really confident.
S

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 20:58
thuytt wrote:
dbsheta wrote:
thuytt wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for sharing. My GMAT is 710. I guest that score is just enough, but not oustanding so I am not really confident.

710 is a competitive score. Was the speaking score less than what you expected? If you are aiming for R1, you should anyways focus on the application as a whole, rather than one component (IELTS), at this stage. You can justify your speaking skills in the video essay. I think if you do well in the video essays, they'll be confident of your English proficiency.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 23:05
dbsheta wrote:

710 is a competitive score. Was the speaking score less than what you expected? If you are aiming for R1, you should anyways focus on the application as a whole, rather than one component (IELTS), at this stage. You can justify your speaking skills in the video essay. I think if you do well in the video essays, they'll be confident of your English proficiency.

Definitely cheer me up <3. Thanks so much for your advice. Wish you best luck with application journey.
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 23:21
dbsheta wrote:
when I met Fisher admissions team at The MBA Tour, it was mentioned that these scores could affect chances of acceptance in case of international applicants, if two or more have similar profiles.

Could you please share other key points from your interaction with Fisher team during the MBA tour? Did they share any insights on placements, which aspects of the application matter most, preference for specific industries/profiles etc?

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2019, 06:05
dbsheta will take over the control of this discussion from hereon. He is planning to apply Fisher and a few other US and Asian MBA programs. For any help on this forum, feel free to contact him. But for now, congrats and wish him best luck.

S

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2019, 13:28
Narenn wrote:
dbsheta wrote:
when I met Fisher admissions team at The MBA Tour, it was mentioned that these scores could affect chances of acceptance in case of international applicants, if two or more have similar profiles.

Could you please share other key points from your interaction with Fisher team during the MBA tour? Did they share any insights on placements, which aspects of the application matter most, preference for specific industries/profiles etc?

Following is some information I was able to collect from the interactions with Fisher team:
    1. Fisher has revamped the curriculum starting 2019, giving more control to students for creating their pathway.
    2. Student gets an academic and a career advisor. They help in selecting the electives so that student develops the skills required to get internship/job at his/her dream company
    3. In the batch of 2019, all international students had offers by graduation.
    4. Almost 80% of international students received some kind of financial aid (10-100% scholarship, assistantship or in some cases a combination of both)
    4. The Global Applied Project after 1st year is optional; however, over 75% students opted for them
    5. They are not biased towards GMAT. But many companies, especially consulting firms that come on campus, require high GMAT scores

I saw a necklace(made of buckeye nuts) on their table, so ended up talking about Ohio for some time.
S

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 08:31
4 days to go mates! How's your progress? Any difficulties you are facing while completing the application? Let's discuss it here. If you have mailed some queries to the adcom, please do share the QnA here as well. It will be beneficial for others with similar questions.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 07:04
Guys! Can someone share what type of questions were asked in the video essay?
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 07:07
Nari44 wrote:

I'm planning to complete this along with the Foster one on Monday at one go.

Fisher video interview has 4 questions out of which 1 will be written (that's what adcom told at the MBA tour)

If anyone has already finished video essays, please do share your questions and experience.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 08:05
Be careful pal! You might talk about foster in an fisher video if you do them in one go
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 23:30
Hi Guys, Should we complete the video interview before the today or does it have some other deadline
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 23:32
Nari44 wrote:
Hi Guys, Should we complete the video interview before the today or does it have some other deadline

Deadline is two weeks from when you receive the Kira email.
But its best to get it done as early as possible.

Posted from my mobile device
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2019, 06:00
Nari44 wrote:

Few Fisher video interview questions from last year. Expect something along these lines. All schools have fairly similar video interview questions. For an exhaustive list, refer the compilations of other schools as well at the same link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/compilation- ... l#p2206267
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2019, 06:00

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 37 posts ] 

Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: dbsheta