Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CEIBS '20 (M)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all CEIBS (Shanghai) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
hpj346 wrote:
All,

I am a current CEIBS MBA candidate and am happy to answer any questions regarding the admissions process or the school in general.

Thank you for visiting the thread and offering your help and advice to current applicants. Much appreciated! May I ask you to tell us about your professional background and experience of applying to CEIBS? Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [4]
Schools: CEIBS '20 (M)
Send PM
Re: Calling all CEIBS (Shanghai) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
hpj346 wrote:
All,

I am a current CEIBS MBA candidate and am happy to answer any questions regarding the admissions process or the school in general.

Thank you for visiting the thread and offering your help and advice to current applicants. Much appreciated! May I ask you to tell us about your professional background and experience of applying to CEIBS? Thank you!

No worries Narenn. Oil and gas drilling engineering background spanning three continents, with a pre-MBA internship in Private Equity. Applied and was admitted for R1 at CEIBS. Essays comprise responses to four stimulus questions and centre around the question of "Why China?". 2 x letters of recommendation are required, the format for which would be no different to any other school. Interview was over Skype, the connection for which dropped in and out frequently, but they were very good about it! Of utmost importance in your application to CEIBS is to be VERY clear about why you want to be in China and how China ties in with your background and goals. Hope that answers the question :).

Again, any further questions, please sing out.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
hpj346 wrote:
No worries Narenn. Oil and gas drilling engineering background spanning three continents, with a pre-MBA internship in Private Equity. Applied and was admitted for R1 at CEIBS. Essays comprise responses to four stimulus questions and centre around the question of "Why China?". 2 x letters of recommendation are required, the format for which would be no different to any other school. Interview was over Skype, the connection for which dropped in and out frequently, but they were very good about it! Of utmost importance in your application to CEIBS is to be VERY clear about why you want to be in China and how China ties in with your background and goals. Hope that answers the question :).

Again, any further questions, please sing out.

Thanks hpj346! I am sure your experience will help others here who are considering applying to CEIBS. As you know, there is not much information about Asian bschools is available on public forums, so certainly inputs like these often prove extremely valuable to prospective applicants.

Prospective Applicants: If you have any questions, hpj346 is here to help. Feel free to shoot your question to him. (Just refrain from asking profile specific queries.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: CEIBS '21 (A)
Send PM
Anyone had interview? How did it go?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 2.71
Send PM
hpj346 wrote:
All,

Hi hpj346 I am planning to apply to CEIBS in Round 2. Can you send me your email id?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q800 V360
Send PM
Hi,

I got an admit email yesterday from CEIBS with a formal offer letter to follow. Wanted to know if anyone else on this forum got in as well.

Best of Luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
GRE 1: Q164 V160
GPA: 3.65
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
kunaldatt7 wrote:
Hi,

I got an admit email yesterday from CEIBS with a formal offer letter to follow. Wanted to know if anyone else on this forum got in as well.

Best of Luck.

Hi Kunal,

I also got the same email also mentioing that i have received Women Fellowship.

Are you planning to take it up?
Also did you receive any info about scholarships?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kunaldatt7 wrote:
Hi,

Best of Luck.

Same here. Was any scholorship details mentioned alongwith yours?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Business Development (Education)
Send PM
Guys! Should we create a https://gmatclub.com/chat/WeChat group for all the admits?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q800 V360
Send PM
yayyguy wrote:
Guys! Should we create a https://gmatclub.com/chat/WeChat group for all the admits?

Sounds good, I just sending you my phone number via PM.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got it! Will just ping you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All admits, please join the https://gmatclub.com/chat group:

https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/KNihJBjRJz87GemKhORrn4
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
I have not applied yet, but since I had recently given my Gmat ( 720 ) , I was thinking of applying to this University, after reading up a lot of content online about it and also in this forum.

I am looking for information on whether if I apply now, would there be any chance of them even looking at my candidature or would it be just rejected at the door.

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Its a good Asian Business school , but to work and flourish in China , Knowing Mandarin is a must .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I just had my Skype interview today.
However, the Skype connection was a disaster. We can't hear each other clearly but fortunately, the interview continued through phone calls. I wanted your opinion, should I write a follow-up email to apologize for the bad experience or not?

Anybody else in a similar situation whereby the interview was conducted through the phone?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
Send PM
Yes please you should definitely apologize.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any https://gmatclub.com/chat or https://gmatclub.com/chat group for CEIBS..
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts