GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 11:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Urbana-Champaign MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Urbana-Champaign MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 22:24
Welcome to all Illinois MBA 2019 Intake applicants. Use this platform to meet fellow applicants, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview/school visit experiences, and boost each other's morale to face the tough admission process. Happy networking!

Illinois Decision Tracker & Historical Admit Data | Add Illinois MBA to your profile

V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Urbana-Champaign MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 22:36
Attachment:
Illinois Deadlines.png
Illinois Deadlines.png [ 37.26 KiB | Viewed 2641 times ]

Intern
Re: Calling all Urbana-Champaign MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2018, 11:04
Trying to get in now. Turned in my application a couple weeks ago and had my interview on October 1. Really hoping to get in!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 07:52
Can you post the questions they asked during your interview?
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 04:46
Why is this thread sooo quiet? What's the status of ED applicants? How many of you finished interviews?
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 04:51
Niharika2001 wrote:
Can you post the questions they asked during your interview?

I managed to get some information on interviews from precious threads. Hope it will help applicants who will be interviewing in this season.

sfarhan wrote:
I had my interview last evening with Mark Lockwood . It was very brief discussion. Lasted for only 19 mins ! :o
Not sure if the Illinois keeps the interview short and concise. As far as i can recall the whole discussion went smooth and don't think i screwed up the interview either. The questions were the standard ones.
  • Little introduction about me- Was asked to emphasise on professional aspect.
  • Motivation behind doing MBA ? Questions on career goals.
  • Greatest Strength.
  • Why UIUC?
  • The discussion ended with me asking few questions.

chriswang927 wrote:
So I submit my application around mid December and interviewed on the 22nd right before the Christmas time. The Adcoms I interviewed with were extremely nice, and the interview was very relaxing (I truly enjoyed talking to them). The career discussion was fairly short (around 20mins), and the interview was around 40mins. For the interview, there were just basic questions such as why MBA, why now, why UIUC, etc. For the career discussion, we basically went over the career goals which I would like to achieve and some working background. I have to admit that was really nothing to prepare for....

chriswang927 wrote:
Below is the interview information I found from the threads from the past two years:
"The only questions he asked me directly were,
1. Tell me about your professional experience
2. What is your leadership style?
3. Other schools that I am applying to

If I have to list down the topics we talked about, the list is below
1. Strengths
2. What will I bring to the Illinois community
3. How do I stand out
4. Activities I do during free time"

"-why illinois mba?
-why mba now?
-what can you contribute to the illinois mba?
-what is your weakness as a leader?
-tell me about a challenge you faced and how you overcame it?
-what other schools are you applying to?
-where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- etc
"

"1)Goals
2)why UIUC
3)What I am doing right now. How my skills align to that position
4)Weakness - Strengths
5)roles taken in the team
6) How do I motivate my team
7)Hobbies
8) Anything not covered in resume/application that I would like to highlight.
9)Questions to Adcom
"

V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 09:35
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 11:02
Waitlist !!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2018, 07:47
Hi Guys, I'm Pranav Sundararajan and I'm from India, have been working in the Decision Sciences and Analytics Space for the past 4 years and have applied for 2019 Fall Full-time MBA programs in 6 US B-schools so far. They include,
1) Simon's School of Business, University of Rochester
2) UIUC Gies School of Business
3) ASU's WP Carey School of Business
4) Duke Faqua School of Business
5) UCLA Anderson School of Business
6) UNC Kenan Flagler School of Business

I applied primarily with a score of 720 (Q-49, V-39) in the GMAT, coupled with my entrepreneurial story in my essays, and spoke about how I wanted to do an MBA which leads into me becoming a Technological Entrepreneur and serves as a launchpad for my start-up goals.

I have finished interviewing with Rochester's Simon and UIUC's Gies and secured admits in both of them while qualifying for a 100% scholarship from Gies and currently, I'm waiting to see the scholarship amount I've secured from Simon.

Now waiting for interview calls from the rest of the schools, but right now I'm facing a particularly difficult decision which is whether to accept Gies's offer with no liability or to wait for calls from some of the other B-schools where I'm sure of having a liability to the tune of at least 60,000+ USD even considering some scholarship. (I have until Jan 18th to accept the offer).

I would love to hear some suggestions from any of you guys about what I need to do. From what I've seen of Gies it is definitely promising, and I applied to it mainly due to its MBA's affordability but never thought I'd secure a 100% scholarship. Do you guys think it makes sense to go with Gies with full sponsorship and close the doors for the better-ranked B-schools where I'd incur a much higher liability? Duke still remains my primary target for its strong entrepreneurial ties.
Manager
Manager
B
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE: Business Development (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2018, 08:44
Hi
If your goals are entrepreneurship then fuqua or anderson are best choices. If you want to employment in usa go with simon as it is stem. Even with lesser scholarship you would still have higher return on investment. Pay deposit at simon and then wait for others fingers crossed. If you get into those then great otherwise simon is great choice. Dont go with rankings but your post graduation goals. Gies is good also but without stem and less entrepreneurship hub you wont find much there.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 21:08
Hi, do they start rolling out interview invitation for round 2?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 11:20
Hi guys,
I just recently rejected a 100% scholarship offer from UIUC. I hope that enables someone else to get an admit with some good scholarship immediately. All the best for people awaiting their decisions!
Denied
13 Feb, 2019
13 Feb 2019, 23:03
Private, GRE: 305, Q154, V151; GPA: 3.23; United States; via Email
asked me to join their MS for Technology Management [#permalink]
Denied
16 Feb, 2019
16 Feb 2019, 07:14
Private, GRE: 315; India; via Email
offered me an option to Apply for MSTM program [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 12:08
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Operations
Schools: Gies iMBA'21 (A)
GPA: 3.91

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 09:59
A new Illinois MBA Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/urbana-champaign-illinois-241/interview_debrief.html#debrief-959
MBA Section Director
V
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 23:30
Urbana-Champaign DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 44 minutes ago, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 44 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:800, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 45 minutes ago, from Spain, GPA: 3.91, Industry: Computer Hardware, WE 84, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 45 minutes ago, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 45 minutes ago, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Multiple Decisions Reported   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2019, 23:30

Calling all Urbana-Champaign MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status