It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 07:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gies iMBA anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: McCombs
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V40
GPA: 2.99
WE: Education (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Gies iMBA anyone? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 14:38
Has anyone considered the Gies iMBA? This is a fully accredited MBA degree from the University of Illinois. It is totally delivered on-line with no campus requirement. Also, there is no GMAT nor GRE requirement! The best part is the low cost: only $22,000! Students can begin taking credit classes before admission. These credits are transferable to the iMBA or any other university. MOOC classes and distance learning have received favorable reviews from Harvard Business Review and CNNMoney.

"We're catering to people who typically wouldn't be able to come into an MBA program at this stage in their life, but still need it to advance their careers," said Nikhil Sinha, the Chief Business Officer at Coursera. During a panel discussion, Dean Raj Echambadi stated that the mission of the Gies iMBA is to deliver high quality education at an affordable price. This is an effort to broaden the definition of an MBA degree, and to deliver a more meaningful business learning experience.

The website claims that there is no difference between the iMBA and the on-campus MBA. All transcripts and diplomas will state you studied at Urbana-Champaign. My transcript from The University of Maryland reflects a similar experience. While stationed with the USAF in Germany, I took several classes at the UM Frankfurt campus. My first transcript reflected this fact. Two years later, I received a letter and an updated transcript. The letter stated that some military students had encountered problems while transferring credits, especially to graduate programs. The problem was the location. My updated transcript now reads College Park, MD. No problems since, all transfer credits have been accepted w/o questions.

In a time of increasing e-commerce, world-wide acceptance of MOOC, leveraging information and knowledge in an increasingly flat world, the Gies iMBA makes a lot of sense and represents a tremendous return-on-investment.

McCombs MBA 1990, Hook'Em Horns. I am helping my son prep for 2019, while trying to keep a 66 y.o. brain active. ;-)

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Gies iMBA anyone? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 20:28
Re: Gies iMBA anyone?   [#permalink] 25 Dec 2017, 20:28

Gies iMBA anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap