GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 00:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gies iMBA anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
WE: General Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Re: Gies iMBA anyone? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2018, 17:04
Alinuwihkreuzer wrote:
kpiasecki wrote:
Just received notification that I was accepted!

Hello there, so glad to find future college friends :-)...I also just got admitted yesterday...

Does anyone know whether we need to reply to accept the offer or we just have to wait until we receive the official documents?

Does anyone know whether we need to submit transcript right away or also wait?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my mobile device

I think you have to submit your transcripts before you can reply to accept the offer. I’m still in the process of doing that for myself. Pretty sure as long as all of that is taken care of before you register for your class, you’ll be fine.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2018, 17:11
Alinuwihkreuzer wrote:
somecallmetim52 wrote:
kpiasecki wrote:

Congrats!! That’s awesome! Are you going to start classes early or just wait until the fall?

I am considering about taking an earlier course, do you know when does the course start in may? I may have limited access to internet the first 10 days in May...

I am not exactly sure when in May the classes are, but I know that registration opens early April. Below is the checklist for all the classes we have to complete for the program. You can do any class in any order. Pretty impressive how flexible it is!

https://p14.zdusercontent.com/attachmen ... cr4HZC4Feg
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 08:28
Do you know how many credits for each course?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 08:33
somecallmetim52 wrote:
kpiasecki wrote:

Congrats!! That’s awesome! Are you going to start classes early or just wait until the fall?

Thanks! I wouldn't mind getting started early if possible. I'm hoping they send more information about registration and program requirements when they send out our net id and UIN. Have you received anything yet? Are you hoping to start classes earlier than the fall?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 23:47
MannyMBA wrote:
Do you know how many credits for each course?

Pretty sure each “Illinois” class is 4 credits and the coursera counterpart class is 0 credits. 18 classes x 4 credits each = 72 hours for the program
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 23:50
kpiasecki wrote:
somecallmetim52 wrote:
kpiasecki wrote:

Thanks! I wouldn't mind getting started early if possible. I'm hoping they send more information about registration and program requirements when they send out our net id and UIN. Have you received anything yet? Are you hoping to start classes earlier than the fall?

My plan is actually to start May with the strategic management course, which I’m pretty excited about! It was really helpful for me to sign up for some time to talk to my program advisor and get a class schedule together for my 3 years. I’d advise doing that sooner rather than later.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 12:08
Congrats!! That’s awesome! Are you going to start classes early or just wait until the fall?[/quote]

Thanks! I wouldn't mind getting started early if possible. I'm hoping they send more information about registration and program requirements when they send out our net id and UIN. Have you received anything yet? Are you hoping to start classes earlier than the fall?[/quote]

My plan is actually to start May with the strategic management course, which I’m pretty excited about! It was really helpful for me to sign up for some time to talk to my program advisor and get a class schedule together for my 3 years. I’d advise doing that sooner rather than later.[/quote]

Great idea to meet with a program advisor and map out a path. Based on the calendars I've seen it looked like it might be possible to complete the program in 2 years? That's what I was hoping to do... either way it would be great to start in May. Would that offset your path from the rest of the cohort? I'm still waiting on official notification from the graduate school so I can officially accept.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 12:21
kpiasecki wrote:

Thanks! I wouldn't mind getting started early if possible. I'm hoping they send more information about registration and program requirements when they send out our net id and UIN. Have you received anything yet? Are you hoping to start classes earlier than the fall?[/quote]

My plan is actually to start May with the strategic management course, which I’m pretty excited about! It was really helpful for me to sign up for some time to talk to my program advisor and get a class schedule together for my 3 years. I’d advise doing that sooner rather than later.[/quote]

Great idea to meet with a program advisor and map out a path. Based on the calendars I've seen it looked like it might be possible to complete the program in 2 years? That's what I was hoping to do... either way it would be great to start in May. Would that offset your path from the rest of the cohort? I'm still waiting on official notification from the graduate school so I can officially accept.[/quote]

Yup, you can finish in 2 years if you double up on courses for every session. It sounds very doable after talking to one of the resent graduates.

Since the program is so flexible, it sounds like everyone will essentially go along their separate paths relative to what they want to specialize in, so I’m not sure you have a “set cohort” per se. I don’t think it really matters starting early or later, but I’m just impatient to start right away!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2018, 08:20
Hello Friends

Just got the email today on admission to iMBA for the fall.

I see some activity between some of my future colleagues.

Below is the event timeline on my case:

- Application Submission: Feb 8
- Invitation for Interview: Feb 18
- Interview: Mar 15
- Email Confirmation: Mar 18

My interview was really casual, lasted some 20+ mins.

Looking forward to hear from the group.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 05:38
Friends

Has anyone received the 'Notice of Admission' email with UIN and similar?

Also, anyone coming to the Networking event in Chicago on April 7? Please confirm.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 06:35
NM2018 wrote:
Friends

Has anyone received the 'Notice of Admission' email with UIN and similar?

Also, anyone coming to the Networking event in Chicago on April 7? Please confirm.

Thanks!

I received the acceptance email 2 weeks ago, but I've not yet received an email from the graduate school with the Notice of Admission and UIN that was mentioned in the acceptance email.

I'm planning to attend the Networking event in Chicago. Are you?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 08:17
Am planning to attend the Chicago Networking Event.

Let's keep all posted on the Admission Notice and related developments.

Cheers!!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 08:59
kpiasecki wrote:

Great idea to meet with a program advisor and map out a path. Based on the calendars I've seen it looked like it might be possible to complete the program in 2 years? That's what I was hoping to do... either way it would be great to start in May. Would that offset your path from the rest of the cohort? I'm still waiting on official notification from the graduate school so I can officially accept.[/quote]

Hey all -
I too got my acceptance for iMBA and I am super excited to start in Fall 2018.
Any pointers on how to reach out to program adviser in order to map out a path?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2018, 05:45
somecallmetim52 wrote:
Just got accepted and wanted to connect with anyone who is starting in 2018. Anyone considering to do an early start in May 2018 instead of waiting for the fall?

I am planning to pick my summer non-degree courses by May 4th deadline... anyone else doing the same?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2018, 09:49
Looking for some advice. I have been admitted into university of Nebraska Lincoln online mba program and have my interview for Gies in early June. I’m a mid-career professional. Which program is better?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2018, 04:09
somecallmetim52 wrote:
MannyMBA wrote:
Hi somecallmetim52,
Thank you for your response.
What was the interview like? any preparation tips?
Also, have you spoken with any of past or current iMBA students?How does the campus placement look like post iMBA?

The interview was short, really short.. I was only asked 4 questions, given an overview of the program, then had a lot of time at the end to ask my own questions.

I have talked with someone who is in the first graduating class and she loved the program! Apparently the school is continually doing improvements to the technology and adding stuff continuously, so it’s great to hear that.

No clue what you’re asking in your 3rd question.. campus placement?

Hi,

Can you let me know what 4 questions were asked?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Xiaobin
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 11:12
I just received the offer of admission for Fall 2018, and would like to connect with future classmates. Any taking courses on Coursera right now?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 13:25
dawnshore wrote:
somecallmetim52 wrote:
MannyMBA wrote:
Hi somecallmetim52,
Thank you for your response.
What was the interview like? any preparation tips?
Also, have you spoken with any of past or current iMBA students?How does the campus placement look like post iMBA?

The interview was short, really short.. I was only asked 4 questions, given an overview of the program, then had a lot of time at the end to ask my own questions.

I have talked with someone who is in the first graduating class and she loved the program! Apparently the school is continually doing improvements to the technology and adding stuff continuously, so it’s great to hear that.

No clue what you’re asking in your 3rd question.. campus placement?

Hi,

Can you let me know what 4 questions were asked?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Xiaobin

Yeah, I don’t think that’s a good idea..
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 13:26
rainingwater wrote:
I just received the offer of admission for Fall 2018, and would like to connect with future classmates. Any taking courses on Coursera right now?

Welcome from a fellow classmate! I’m also in the Fall 2018 cohort. I’ve already started classes for the summer session though to get a head start.
Intern
Intern
Gies iMBA anyone? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 May 2018, 16:10
Hello everyone,

I have applied for Gies iMBA on April 21st. My application still is in "Awaiting Decision" status. Not going to lie that it has me a little worried but staying hopeful!

I do however have a question for you all, how common is the invitation for the interview? Did anyone get accepted into the program here without having to interview? I am asking mostly because the website for the program really is down playing the interview like it is a rare occurrence.

Thank you!

Originally posted by mbah0peful11 on 22 May 2018, 15:59.
Last edited by mbah0peful11 on 22 May 2018, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Gies iMBA anyone?   [#permalink] 22 May 2018, 15:59

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 57 posts ] 

Gies iMBA anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap