Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: McCombs
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V40
GPA: 2.99
WE:Education (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: Gies iMBA anyone? [#permalink]
somecallmetim52 wrote:
MannyMBA wrote:
Hi somecallmetim52,
Thank you for your response.
What was the interview like? any preparation tips?
Also, have you spoken with any of past or current iMBA students?How does the campus placement look like post iMBA?

The interview was short, really short.. I was only asked 4 questions, given an overview of the program, then had a lot of time at the end to ask my own questions.

I have talked with someone who is in the first graduating class and she loved the program! Apparently the school is continually doing improvements to the technology and adding stuff continuously, so it’s great to hear that.

No clue what you’re asking in your 3rd question.. campus placement?

Hi,

Can you let me know what 4 questions were asked?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Xiaobin
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I just received the offer of admission for Fall 2018, and would like to connect with future classmates. Any taking courses on Coursera right now?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I have applied for Gies iMBA on April 21st. My application still is in "Awaiting Decision" status. Not going to lie that it has me a little worried but staying hopeful!

I do however have a question for you all, how common is the invitation for the interview? Did anyone get accepted into the program here without having to interview? I am asking mostly because the website for the program really is down playing the interview like it is a rare occurrence.

Thank you!

Originally posted by mbah0peful11 on 22 May 2018, 15:59.
Last edited by mbah0peful11 on 22 May 2018, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
somecallmetim52 wrote:
mbah0peful11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have applied for Gies iMBA on April 21st. My application still is in "Awaiting Decision" status. Not going to lie that it has me a little worried but staying hopeful!

I do how ever have a question for you all, how common is the invitation for the interview? Did anyone get accepted into the program here without having to interview? I am asking mostly because the website for the program really is down playing the interview like it is a rare occurrence.

Thank you!

Pretty sure you need to interview to get in.

Thank you for the swift response!

If what you have stated is true then the program might consider changing the below taken from their FAQ:

10. Do I need to complete an interview?
The iMBA committee may choose to interview select candidates over video conference.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
mbah0peful11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I do however have a question for you all, how common is the invitation for the interview? Did anyone get accepted into the program here without having to interview? I am asking mostly because the website for the program really is down playing the interview like it is a rare occurrence.

Thank you!

Hello,

Have you checked the emails categorized under Promotion, Social, Update, or even junk mail? My interview invitation was found in the Promotion folder.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rainingwater wrote:
mbah0peful11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Hello,

Have you checked the emails categorized under Promotion, Social, Update, or even junk mail? My interview invitation was found in the Promotion folder.

Do you remember which address did the email come from?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mbah0peful11 wrote:
rainingwater wrote:
mbah0peful11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Hello,

onlinemba@illinois.edu
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbah0peful11 wrote:
rainingwater wrote:
mbah0peful11 wrote:

Hello,

onlinemba@illinois.edu

Thank you! Still haven't received anything, I was told that it takes about 3-4 weeks for the final decision. I will reach out to the program to see if I can get an update on my application!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have my interview scheduled for next week, any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
beachlover0826 wrote:
I have my interview scheduled for next week, any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,

As this is a non-traditional MBA program, they care about your commitment and motivation. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the school or program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I submitted my application during the second round but my recommendation letters were not complete until the end of April-so frustrating! I still have not heard anything regarding an interview and was wondering for those that applied in R2 and R3 what your timeline is looking like?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAtar wrote:
I submitted my application during the second round but my recommendation letters were not complete until the end of April-so frustrating! I still have not heard anything regarding an interview and was wondering for those that applied in R2 and R3 what your timeline is looking like?

I submitted my application on May-03 and received the Interview email on May-07. All of my recommendation letters were complete at the time of submitting my application. Not sure if that plays a role in scheduling the Interview. You can reach out to the admissions office during the posted hours. They are quite friendly in responding to the queries.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

Delighted to share the news of acceptance. Received the email confirmation this morning. Had my interview just yesterday... Good luck to other candidates inline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
beachlover0826 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Delighted to share the news of acceptance. Received the email confirmation this morning. Had my interview just yesterday... Good luck to other candidates inline.

Congrats! I contacted the program and have an interview scheduled.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAtar wrote:
beachlover0826 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Congrats! I contacted the program and have an interview scheduled.

Awesome... All the Best for your interview... Good Luck !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
beachlover0826 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations! Any pointers for the interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum ... so glad I found it! I just applied to the iMBA program for Fall 2018 and I'm scheduled for an interview on 6/18.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
How common is it to get an interview and not get accepted? I had my interview this morning, but I don't feel as good about it as I had hoped. It felt like most the time was the interviewer telling me more about the program and answering my questions.

Any experience appreciated!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts