GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2018, 21:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gies iMBA anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
WE: General Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Re: Gies iMBA anyone? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 16:07
mbah0peful11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have applied for Gies iMBA on April 21st. My application still is in "Awaiting Decision" status. Not going to lie that it has me a little worried but staying hopeful!

I do how ever have a question for you all, how common is the invitation for the interview? Did anyone get accepted into the program here without having to interview? I am asking mostly because the website for the program really is down playing the interview like it is a rare occurrence.

Thank you!

Pretty sure you need to interview to get in.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 16:20
somecallmetim52 wrote:
mbah0peful11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have applied for Gies iMBA on April 21st. My application still is in "Awaiting Decision" status. Not going to lie that it has me a little worried but staying hopeful!

I do how ever have a question for you all, how common is the invitation for the interview? Did anyone get accepted into the program here without having to interview? I am asking mostly because the website for the program really is down playing the interview like it is a rare occurrence.

Thank you!

Pretty sure you need to interview to get in.

Thank you for the swift response!

If what you have stated is true then the program might consider changing the below taken from their FAQ:

10. Do I need to complete an interview?
The iMBA committee may choose to interview select candidates over video conference.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 19:32
mbah0peful11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I do however have a question for you all, how common is the invitation for the interview? Did anyone get accepted into the program here without having to interview? I am asking mostly because the website for the program really is down playing the interview like it is a rare occurrence.

Thank you!

Hello,

Have you checked the emails categorized under Promotion, Social, Update, or even junk mail? My interview invitation was found in the Promotion folder.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 19:40
rainingwater wrote:
mbah0peful11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I do however have a question for you all, how common is the invitation for the interview? Did anyone get accepted into the program here without having to interview? I am asking mostly because the website for the program really is down playing the interview like it is a rare occurrence.

Thank you!

Hello,

Have you checked the emails categorized under Promotion, Social, Update, or even junk mail? My interview invitation was found in the Promotion folder.

Do you remember which address did the email come from?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 19:42
mbah0peful11 wrote:
rainingwater wrote:
mbah0peful11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Hello,

onlinemba@illinois.edu
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 20:05
mbah0peful11 wrote:
rainingwater wrote:
mbah0peful11 wrote:

Hello,

onlinemba@illinois.edu

Thank you! Still haven't received anything, I was told that it takes about 3-4 weeks for the final decision. I will reach out to the program to see if I can get an update on my application!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2018, 10:41
I have my interview scheduled for next week, any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2018, 16:16
beachlover0826 wrote:
I have my interview scheduled for next week, any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,

As this is a non-traditional MBA program, they care about your commitment and motivation. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the school or program.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 09:15
I submitted my application during the second round but my recommendation letters were not complete until the end of April-so frustrating! I still have not heard anything regarding an interview and was wondering for those that applied in R2 and R3 what your timeline is looking like?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 11:46
MBAtar wrote:
I submitted my application during the second round but my recommendation letters were not complete until the end of April-so frustrating! I still have not heard anything regarding an interview and was wondering for those that applied in R2 and R3 what your timeline is looking like?

I submitted my application on May-03 and received the Interview email on May-07. All of my recommendation letters were complete at the time of submitting my application. Not sure if that plays a role in scheduling the Interview. You can reach out to the admissions office during the posted hours. They are quite friendly in responding to the queries.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2018, 07:45
Hello Everyone,

Delighted to share the news of acceptance. Received the email confirmation this morning. Had my interview just yesterday... Good luck to other candidates inline.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2018, 12:57
beachlover0826 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Delighted to share the news of acceptance. Received the email confirmation this morning. Had my interview just yesterday... Good luck to other candidates inline.

Congrats! I contacted the program and have an interview scheduled.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2018, 13:40
MBAtar wrote:
beachlover0826 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Congrats! I contacted the program and have an interview scheduled.

Awesome... All the Best for your interview... Good Luck !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2018, 18:39
beachlover0826 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations! Any pointers for the interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2018, 06:56
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum ... so glad I found it! I just applied to the iMBA program for Fall 2018 and I'm scheduled for an interview on 6/18.
Intern
Intern
B
WE: General Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 17:54
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that you can get 20% off of your Coursera fees through rebatesme. Below is my referral link. Enjoy!

https://www.rebatesme.com/refer?uid=124226
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 08:41
Found out over the weekend that I was admitted! Can't wait to get to know everyone this fall!
Re: Gies iMBA anyone?   [#permalink] 18 Jun 2018, 08:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 57 posts ] 

Gies iMBA anyone?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap