GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Mar 2019, 20:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 73
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 10:53
I gave my interview yesterday. It was a Skype interview. It was kind of conversational but she did have her questions prepared and at times was just asking them instead of picking up things from the conversation. The only issue I found was that it lasted for just 20 minutes. I will share a debrief soon.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 60
Schools: Anderson '21 (S)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 12:49
Same. It didn't feel conversational at all as the interviewer had specific set of questions in place. Apart from some small talk, she stuck to the script. Don't know if that's a good sign or not. My interview lasted for around 40 minutes but that was maybe because my answers were a little long. Again don't know if that's good or bad.

Is there any tip to evaluate if the interview went well or not? I feel since there is no metric to compare it with, it gets hard to learn from one interview so as to be better at the next once since you don't know only where you were good or made mistakes.

dealnuke wrote:
I gave my interview yesterday. It was a Skype interview. It was kind of conversational but she did have her questions prepared and at times was just asking them instead of picking up things from the conversation. The only issue I found was that it lasted for just 20 minutes. I will share a debrief soon.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 73
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 12:53
anulfc wrote:
Same. It didn't feel conversational at all as the interviewer had specific set of questions in place. Apart from some small talk, she stuck to the script. Don't know if that's a good sign or not. My interview lasted for around 40 minutes but that was maybe because my answers were a little long. Again don't know if that's good or bad.

Is there any tip to evaluate if the interview went well or not? I feel since there is no metric to compare it with, it gets hard to learn from one interview so as to be better at the next once since you don't know only where you were good or made mistakes.

dealnuke wrote:
I gave my interview yesterday. It was a Skype interview. It was kind of conversational but she did have her questions prepared and at times was just asking them instead of picking up things from the conversation. The only issue I found was that it lasted for just 20 minutes. I will share a debrief soon.


Did Megan take your interview?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 60
Schools: Anderson '21 (S)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 12:58
Nope.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 73
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 13:00
I heard an Indian Female with a 620 got a call. Is something up with Foster? I heard they were pretty strict about their GMAT score?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 60
Schools: Anderson '21 (S)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2019, 12:58
How is everyone's financial planning going on btw? Any insight from admitted students into where/how to take loans? And what is the average loan amount that people take?

I will have to take a loan for everything apart from around 20000/25000 USD that I have saved. This probably means a loan of around 150000-200000 USD. Is this a lot from what others have in plan/really stupid to take considering the risk/impossible to get this kind of amount?
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2333
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 20:49
dealnuke anulfc

I request you to add your Foster interview experience in the following link. Thanks.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/foster-washi ... brief.html
_________________

MBA Chronicles | Interview Debriefs | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 60
Schools: Anderson '21 (S)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 00:41
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 60
Schools: Anderson '21 (S)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 00:44
Done.

workout wrote:
dealnuke anulfc

I request you to add your Foster interview experience in the following link. Thanks.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/foster-washi ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 12:47
Quick question: Is anyone else also waiting for the interview invite for R2? I am getting anxious now!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 73
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 12:49
tani24 wrote:
Quick question: Is anyone else also waiting for the interview invite for R2? I am getting anxious now!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I think they are done with invites for this Round.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 13:04
I also don't know how to feel about my interview. She had prepared questions, but even though practiced, my head still felt so discombobulated. I felt like I was talking way too fast and it's genuinely because I was excited to be there. I hope it came off as enthusiasm and not a blabbering mess. :-\. It went about 40 mins.....very friendly and warm, but definitely not very telling in discerning which way the conversation was going.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2017
Posts: 9
Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 13:21
I submitted my application on Jan9. Few days later, I was asked for medium of instruction certificate even though my transcripts and degree were in English. Getting the certificate was tedious and time consuming so I gave Toefl and submitted my scores. Unfortunately, this entire process took 1 month because of back n forth emails and toefl date availability. I was confirmed by Rachel that my application was complete on Feb15. And I haven’t received interview invite yet. Should I consider that as a ding


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:48
Do you guys think there could be a chance we hear back re: R2 before 3/29?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jan 2014
Posts: 63
Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:50
I so wish ! I gave my interview right at the start ...I think I should have given at the end .

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:55
I had mine on the 21st, so not too early, but I'm ready to find out! I am finding out from one other school today, but will have to wait another 3 weeks before my husband and I can start weighing options.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 06:51
lit2biz wrote:
I had mine on the 21st, so not too early, but I'm ready to find out! I am finding out from one other school today, but will have to wait another 3 weeks before my husband and I can start weighing options.



I see in past years, they've notified accepted candidates a week early, but there's no reason to believe this is set in stone. Just with any office, they're not a machine and will notify people when they're good and ready. That being said.......this is agonizing.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 18:55
beechbum114 wrote:
lit2biz wrote:
I had mine on the 21st, so not too early, but I'm ready to find out! I am finding out from one other school today, but will have to wait another 3 weeks before my husband and I can start weighing options.



I see in past years, they've notified accepted candidates a week early, but there's no reason to believe this is set in stone. Just with any office, they're not a machine and will notify people when they're good and ready. That being said.......this is agonizing.


Just try to keep busy! It'll be here before you know it.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2019, 18:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 138 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all UWA Foster MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.