GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 12:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Compiled Video Interview Questions for Foster School of Business

new topic post reply Update application status  
7 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Compiled Video Interview Questions for Foster School of Business [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 12:06
Hey Guys,

I have put together all the video interview questions posted by our friends in all the multiple threads.

Also, The intention of the Video Interview is to check the following: -
- Communication Skills
- Reaction of unknown situations
- Confidence level

So just answer all questions with confidence!

Hope this helps!

Set 1 : - (Thanks to abhimahna )

Question 1: Discuss about an impactfull achievement from your professional life and tell us why do you think it was impactfull?
Question 2: Tell us about a time when you handled a task on which you had zero information. What were the steps you took to begin with, what were the strategies and what were the end results?

Set 2 : - (Thanks to murtuzahn )

Question 1: Describe the attributes of a great leader
Question 2: Share an example of a time when you were given new information that affected a decision you had already made. How did you proceed?

Set 3 : - (Thanks to injineer )

Question 1: Talk about an activity/extra curricular and how it changed your perspective
Question 2: Tell about a setback you experienced, how you dealt with it, and the results.

Set 4 : - (Thanks to @okhotnikovaalina)

Question 1: What is essential for building and maintaining business relationships. Provide Examples
Question 2: Experience working with team where members didn't get along well in the beginning. What did you do, etc..

Set 5 : - (Thanks to @TravisfromAUS)

Question 1: How important is integrity to you and why is it important in the workplace, and
Question 2: Defend a decision you have made and what was the outcome

Set 6 : - (Thanks to @saswata4s)

Question 1: Explain a situation when you have to change you communication style. What was the outcome?
Question 2: Share an example of a time when you were given new information that affected a decision you had already made. How did you proceed?

Set 7 : - (Thanks to @Siddharth.Juneja)

Question 1: If you had unlimited time, what would you devote it to apart from school and work?
Question 2: Give an example of a situation where you had to change your priorities due to an unexpected task and what was the outcome?

Set 8 : - (Thanks to @diligent)

Question 1: Describe a situation at workplace where you faced a lot of retaliation. How did you address them?
Question 2: Discuss a difficult time in your career. What steps did you take and what was the outcome?

Set 9 : - (Thanks to @subi007)

Question 1: What is the key ingredient for building and maintaining business relationships. Provide Examples from your life.
Question 2: Describe a situation when you had set your sights too high and were unable to achieve the set goals. What was the outcome and how did you handle it?

Set 10 : - (Thanks to @praneshchitre)

Question 1: Which was your biggest risk you took at work and what was its outcome?
Question 2: Describe your most stressful situation at work and how you handled it.

Set 11 : - (Thanks to @hannibal535)

Question 1:Tell us about a time you encountered an individual who was resistant to change, how did you deal with it and what was the outcome?
Question 2: Tell us about a time when you had to change your priorities due to new events, what did you do and what was the outcome?

Set 12 : - (Thanks to @msbae0308)

Question 1: How did you handle an individual who resisted to change, what did you do and what was the outcome?
Question 2: Talk about the time when you made a wrong decision, what was the setback and how did you handle it?

Set 13 : - (Thanks to @gauravs2)

Question 1: Talk about your most significant achievement outside work or education.
Question 2: Talk about a time when you showed resilience.

Set 14 : - (Thanks to @ngplnikhil)

Question 1: Describe a situation where you were a team member and not a leader. How did the result impact you?
Question 2: Describe a recent unpopular decision you made. How did you handle it ?

Set 15 : - (Thanks to @nadirhashmi)

Question 1: Imagine you were transported to the year 1900. How would you explain a smartphone to a person from that era?
Question 2: Describe a time when you showed great resilience and tenacity and it paid off. What were the results?

Set 16 : - hehe! The below are the questions that I faced. No thanks to anyone :-P

Question 1: Describe a academic or extra curricular activity that helped you shape your personality. What did you learn?
Question 2: Describe a situation where you had to defend a decision you have made and what was the outcome

The following are the questions I found in a document , Here is the link to download it (https://gmatclub.com/forum/download/file.php?id=32862): -

• Superhero power
• Best Movie or Book this past year
• What would you cook for your friends for a dinner party
• Who is your role model and why?
• Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.
• If you receive a large sum of money, how would you spend it and why?
• Three adjectives that describe you and why
• Describe a time you had to give difficult feedback
• Tell us about an important piece of advice you have received and how it has helped you.
• Tell us about the last time you led a project. What was the outcome?
• What is your ideal work environment?
• Tell me about a time that you encountered a stressful situation. What did you do to handle it and why?
• What project did you take on without being asked to?
• Tell us about an experience when you faced a boring project? how did you motivate yourself and your team to work on it?
• What is the most important thing you learned in college?
• What is a step you've taken in the last year to advance your career?
• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague.
• Tell me about a time that you worked in a team setting
• Tell us about a work that you read recently and how did it impact you?
• What is the biggest challenge that you are facing in your current position?
• If you were to start a new venture that was focused on solving a major problem, which problem would you tackle and why?
• Greatest achievement outside work
• Creative solution at work

Will keep adding more questions as and when people post their Video Interview questions and let me know if I missed out on anyones questions

My journey From 410 to 700 :-)
Here's my experience when I faced a glitch in my GMAT Exam
Don't do this mistake when you give your GMATPrep Mock!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.26
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: Compiled Video Interview Questions for Foster School of Business [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 21:03
Thanks pikolo2510, great preparation! Did Foster release the information for video interviews yet? I have not received yet... excited to continue to the process.
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
CAT Tests
Re: Compiled Video Interview Questions for Foster School of Business [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 21:23
bdh009 wrote:
Thanks pikolo2510, great preparation! Did Foster release the information for video interviews yet? I have not received yet... excited to continue to the process.

Yes they did for R2. Check your application portal asap

My journey From 410 to 700 :-)
Here's my experience when I faced a glitch in my GMAT Exam
Don't do this mistake when you give your GMATPrep Mock!

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.63

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 10:03
Just finished my video questions. I got something like:

1. What is essential for building and maintaining business relationships. Provide Examples
2. Experience working with team where members didn't get along well in the beginning. What did you do, etc..

Good luck!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 23:01
Hey guys just did my questions. Can't remember exactly, but they were along the lines of:

1. How important is integrity to you and why is it important in the workplace, and
2. Defend a decision you have made and what was the outcome
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 01:57
TravisfromAUS wrote:
Hey guys just did my questions. Can't remember exactly, but they were along the lines of:

1. How important is integrity to you and why is it important in the workplace, and
2. Defend a decision you have made and what was the outcome

Thanks...:) I will complete it today. What was the time limit for thinking and recording the response?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 03:18
I think it was 30 seconds prep, 90 seconds to answer.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 03:27
TravisfromAUS wrote:
I think it was 30 seconds prep, 90 seconds to answer.

Posted from my mobile device

Great...Thanks for the information.
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Forum Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 07:40
Just finished my video interview. Questions asked:

1. Explain a situation when you have to change you communication style. What was the outcome?
2. Share an example of a time when you were given new information that affected a decision you had already made. How did you proceed?

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
WE: Editorial and Writing (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 11:49
Just completed my video interview.

Questions-

1- If you had unlimited time, what would you devote it to apart from school and work?
2- Give an example of a situation where you had to change your priorities due to an unexpected task and what was the outcome?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 13:21
Just completed my video interview:

1) Describe a situation at workplace where you faced a lot of retaliation. How did you address them?

2) Discuss a difficult time in your career. What steps did you take and what was the outcome?

Foster has not announced the date when they will send out interview invites. Does anyone know about it?
Also has anyone from Round 2 received an interview invite?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 14:05
Interview Questions:
1) What is the key ingredient for building and maintaining business relationships. Provide Examples from your life.
2) Describe a situation when you had set your sights too high and were unable to achieve the set goals. What was the outcome and how did you handle it?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 18:28
Interview Questions:

1) Which was your biggest risk you took at work and what was its outcome?

2) Describe your most stressful situation at work and how you handled it.

-Pranesh

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.04

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 02:52
Hi all,
I've also just finished the Foster R2 video interview. My questions were:
1. Tell us about a time you encountered an individual who was resistant to change, how did you deal with it and what was the outcome?
2. Tell us about a time when you had to change your priorities due to new events, what did you do and what was the outcome?

P.S - questions aren't verbatim, but the main idea is there. Also, even though this is a bit late to help applicants, I hope this will serve as help for future applicants when they apply next year (I may be one of those too!)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.1
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 05:43
I did mine earlier today but completely forgot about sharing here, sorry!

1. How did you handle an individual who resisted to change, what did you do and what was the outcome?
2. Talk about the time when you made a wrong decision, what was the setback and how did you handle it?

Good luck to everyone!
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
B
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 06:52
I completed my video interview today.
Ques 1 - Talk about your most significant achievement outside work or education.
Ques 2 - Talk about a time when you showed resilience.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 08:03
I finished my video interview an hour ago. The questions are not exact and verbatim

1) Describe a situation where you were a team member and not a leader. How did the result impact you?
2)Describe a recent unpopular decision you made. How did you handle it ?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 09:54
They are not word-for-word but here are the questions I was asked:

1. Imagine you were transported to the year 1900. How would you explain a smartphone to a person from that era?
2. Describe a time when you showed great resilience and tenacity and it paid off. What were the results?
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 10:58
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 02:08
Submitted Video Interview

1) Tell me about a time when you had to explain a complex concept/problem in a simple manner? How did you do it and what was the result

2) Tell me about a time when you experienced a personal failure and what did you do to overcome it and what was the result?
Re: Compiled Video Interview Questions for Foster School of Business   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2018, 02:08

Compiled Video Interview Questions for Foster School of Business

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbsingh

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap