Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:47 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:47

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 27, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Jan 27, 24
"Just wrapped up my interview with Alexsis Scott - it went for like 40mins 1. What about MBA excites you? 2. TMA your goal and talk a bit about your Plan B. 3. What if it fails, nothing works in your favour, whats the plan C? 4. What was the best complement that you got? 5. What was a constructive feedback that you received? 6. TMAT when you have failed ? How did you fix it? 7. Why would your Foster batchmates be happy to have you? 8. What do you think will be the challenges in pursuing an MBA? 9. With Foster, how do you believe your lived experiences would help in DEI with your cohort at Foster? 10. Your short-term goals wrt Foster? 11. Any question that you have for me?"
2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 8, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 7, 23
"Just completed my interview with Noe. Mine was relatively shorter than the others have posted. The total length of the interview is 35 mins. 1. Tell me about yourself and Why Foster? 2. Plan-C (I mentioned Plan-A in the prev question) 3. How would you work with the career management center? 4. TMAT you failed. 5. How do you see contributing to the Foster community? 6. Lived experiences on DEI. 7. Do you have any questions for me?"
This user wants to stay Private
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 8, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 23
"These were the questions asked 1. How does your day look like ? 2. Post MBA and long term goals 3. Plan - B 4. Why MBA, why Foster, contributions 5. What are the various DEI initiatives that u took 6. TMAT delegated a team 7. TMAT where you had conflict with manager and how did it got resolved 8. TMAT where you faced failure 9. Biggest achievement 10. Biggest constructive criticism 11. What are the challanges that u can face at Foster apart from MBA stuff 12. Hobbies apart from work and entrepreneur stuff 13. Leadership style and why Last ..any questions to ask"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 9, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 7, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had my interview this week. 1. Walk me through your background? 2. Why an MBA? Why now? 3. Why foster? 4. What are your post mba goals? 5. How will you contribute at Foster? 6. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a boss. 7. What role do you play on a team? 8. What were your criteria when selecting an mba program? 9. What questions do you have for me? Very conversational. She had a few follow questions that were specific to my application or my responses. I feel better about the school after the interview. Stated that interviews are rapping up this week and we would hear back by the end of the month. 10. What do you do fun in your spare time."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 23, 23
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 23, 23
"I had my interview with Alexsis Scott. It was a very relaxed and interactive interview that lasted 30 min (first 25 min, she asked the questions and the last 5, she answered mine). Following were her questions: 1. Why Foster MBA? 2. What about MBA excites you? 3. What do you think will be the challenges in pursuing an MBA? 4. TMA your goal and talk a bit about your Plan B. 5. What was a constructive feedback that you received? How did you take it? 6. What was the best complement that you got? 7. TMAT when you were working on a project and half way through you realised that you had to change your approach. 8. Why would your Foster batchmates be happy to have you? 9. Any question that I wanted to ask?"
5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 10, 23
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 10, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed with adcom and took ~35 min. She was very nice, really listened to my story and asked follow up question. 1. Why MBA 2. Plan B 3. Why Foster 4. Achievement 5. A time work on stress and pressure 6. Failure/mistake 7. Leadership experience and what MBA can help you. 8. Contribute to Foster 9. More question for her"
6 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 6, 23
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 6, 23
Final Decision:
Invited to Interview
"The interview was friendly and conversational. It lasted for 40 minutes. 1) Tell me about yourself 2) What's the biggest mistake you made 3) What's the risk you took 4) What does a typical day looks like as a Foster student 4) Why Foster 5) What will you contribute to Foster 6) Short term goals 7) Plan B Any questions I have for her"
4.9 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 18, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 22
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"My interview is Brent Nagamine. He's the new Director of Admission. The interview was more than a friendly conversation. Brent was very nice and his questions were straightforward. He already had full of my application package Some of questions in my review as far as I remember: - What are your value? List three. Some tmat(follow up questions) about these values to check my leadership skill - Why MBA, Why Foster - Short, long term career goal, plan B - Walk me through your resume - Questions for him Brent did share many things about his exp in Washington/Seattle and Foster. The interview was about 45 minutes. I think the key is you need to know your story, your own story, not anyone else"
4 years
Viet Nam
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 3, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 31, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Had a ~45 minute long interview with Noe Valdovinos. Tone was conversational and friendly. He introduced himself and went straight into the questions. Questions are not listed in any particular order: 1. Why MBA 2. Walk me through your resume/work history 3. What is your plan B? 4. What are your passions outside of work? 5. How would you work with the career management center? 6. Short Term/Long Term goals 7. How did you learn about Foster? 8. Tell me about a difficult conversation you had 9. What is a piece of constructive criticism you received? 10. Tell me about a challenge you navigated at work 11. Do you have any questions for me?"
3.7 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 1, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 1, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview with Alana McGee. It was conversational, engaging and very friendly. She introduced herself, told me that she was well versed with my application (which I was quite pleased with because she kept mentioning things from my essays at various points in the conversation) and directly began with the questions - 1. Why MBA and Why now? 2. What is your long-term goal and why? 3. Plan B? 4. Why should we choose you? 5. What do you do in your free time? 6. What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you at Foster? 7. What will you bring into the class? 8. TMAT when you disagreed with your manager? 9. TMAT when you had taken the biggest risk either on the professional front or personal front? 10. Would you like to cover anything that you have already not covered or any questions for that you have for me?"
United States
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Nov 1, 22
"I was interviewed by Megan and the process was a bit formal and friendly. She introduced herself and started asking questions about my essays and resume. 1. Have you made any contacts at Amazon from Seattle during your stint at Amazon? 2. What are you most proud of? 3. Since you brought up resilience in your answer, what does it mean to you? 4. What is your biggest achievement so far and a few follow-up questions about it. 5. Why Foster? 6. What does Foster culture mean to you, since you talked about culture in your previous answer? 7. How Foster helps me in achieving my goals? 8. How would you utilize MBA Career Management while you're at Foster to achieve your goals?"
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Nov 1, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview with Wendy Guild. It was conversational and engaging and went on for an hour. 1. Tell me about your background 2. How do you think technology can help in incorporating sustainability(relevant to my background) 3. Why MBA? 4. Why Foster? 5. How will you engage with Foster students? 6. What leadership opportunities are you looking forward to at Foster? 7. What do you know about Seattle? Have you traveled or have any connections to the city 8. Tell me about your work in your previous organization. 9. Your experience with Diversity and any tensions emerging from diverse teams and how you dealt with it? 10. Your experience of Diversity and what it means to you? 11. Anything else you want to share? 12. Questions for the interviewer."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 28, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 26, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Just finished my interview with alexsis Scott - it went on for like 20mins It was the same questions as last year 1. Tmat when you have failed 2. Why foster mba? 3. Tmat you had challenging colleague 4. What exites you about doing mba 5. Why MBA? 6. What challenges dod you think you will face in MBA? 7. Questions for her"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Aug 17, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 4, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview with Amber Janke. The interview started lasted for about 45 mins. The interview started off a little abruptly. Most of my previous interviews were blind and mostly began with the interviewer asking me to introduce myself. However, Amber had access to my essays and applications and we went in deep right from the outset. A few of the questions asked were 1. What is your role at your present organisation? What does your day look like? 2. What do you like about your role at your present organisation? 3. What is a work achievement that you're proud of? 4. What is your motivation to do an MBA ( I fitted in short and long term goals there ) 5. What is your alternate career plan if your short term goal doesnt work out? 5. Why Foster? 6. How do you hope to contribute to the community during your time here 7. Any questions for me? I did not start the interview particularly well. However, I felt more comfortable as it progressed and was able to finish strong. Super stoked at the admit"
6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 23, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 23, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had an interview with Noe Valdovinos, he was open and nice. The interview lasted 40 mins with 9-11 questions (he told me that). Generally conversational. 1. what a typical day looks like as a MBA foster student? 2. What do you think is the most challenging part of the MBA? 3. Why MBA? 4. How would you work with the career management centre? 5. TMAT you failed at something. If you could do it again, how would you change? 6. Negative feedback you received and how did you act on it 7. ST LT Goals. 8. Plan B. 9. What is your passion outside of work? 10. How do you know about Foster? 11. Questions"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 9, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 9, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I interviewed with Ciara Byars and she was very lovely and nice to connect with. Here are the questions she asked: 1. Walk me through your resume.  2. What is your goal and How does the MBA fit into your goals?   3. Plan B?  4. Why Foster?  5. Team: Who are you on a team: how will the team describe you and why?  6. How have you mentored someone?  7. Constructive criticism you received?  8. Treasured compliment that you received from someone in a workplace setting?  9. Tell me about a Setback?  10. Time when you disagree with your manager?  11. What is your passion about? Who are you outside of work?  12. Challenging part of your MBA experience for you?  13. What else would you like to tell us today?  14. Questions you have for me?  Good luck everyone!"
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 16, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"What do you what a typical day looks like as a foster student 2. What would you do to make yourself employable? 3. What inspired you to do an MBA(essay question verbatim) 4. 3 words your team would describe you with 5. Describe your job, how many people are in your team, what nationalities? 6. Negative feedback you received and how did you act on it 7. Describe your life at the onset of the pandemic and how did it affect you personally 8. Plan B and How would you work with the career management centre to achieve your Plan B? 9. Something that you would like to tell adcom 10. Since you talked about business gaps, how do you think MBA would bridge that business gaps? there were more but I don't remember anything Also, I asked a question on something and she had no idea what was that;'("
5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 12, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 10, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Walk me through your resume What did you learn about yourself professionally during the pandemic? Why MBA? Why now? Why did you decide to apply to Foster? What leadership positions would you take at Foster? What is your role in a team? How do you look at leadership? TMAT when you demonstrated leadership Did you disagree with your manager anytime and how did you deal with it? Interests outside of work What value will you add to the classroom? Questions for the adcom"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 10, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 21
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"My interview was with Alana McGee. Very conversational interview. Since she was a graduate of Foster's evening MBA, she kept sharing her experiences as well throughout the call. She had already gone through my essays and application so she didn't ask many of the general questions - like career goals, etc. I was asked a few profile-specific questions and then many behavioural ones. 1. Talk about your professional experience. 2. Why are you looking to pursue an MBA? 3. Plan B 4. You have already spoken about your goals in your essays. Tell me 1-2 primary reasons how you think Foster can help you achieve those. 5. What are your interests outside of work? 6. How would your teammates describe you? 7. TMAT when you had to persuade your boss for something they didn't want to do. 8. TMAT you failed at something. 9. What kind of a leader are you? 10. What biggest obstacle will you face during an MBA? 11. What do you bring to Foster? 12. Anything else you want to share? 13. Anything you want to ask me?"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 9, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
""Interviewed with Alana McGee (Adcom) via Zoom call. The interview went on for around 40 minutes - The interviewer had my resume with them and she had said that she went through all the essays, application, LOR, and Resume before she come for the Interview and she had touch based on some of the points mentioned on my essays. Overall it's a conversational and good experience. Questions asked were: 1. Talk to me about your most recent job? 2. What are your short-term and long-term goals? 3. What are your desired Industries you want to work for post MBA? 4. What is your Backup plan or Plan B if you don't land on your goal? 5. What will you bring into Foster and how will you contribute? 6. There are a lot of schools and what are the criteria for your selection of Foster? 7. What challenges you have observed and getting ready to face during your MBA? 8. What do you think about Leadership? 9. Tell me about a time when you had taken the biggest risk either a Professional front or personal front? 10. Covid has impacted a lot at personal or at professional, What did you learn from Covid? 11. Anything you would like to share? 12. Any questions for me? - I had asked a question and she didn't answer it and she said it was a tough question no one had asked her before and she said she will explore it and will mail me after she finds the answer."
saketh reddy
6 years
India