Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 19:46 It is currently 15 May 2024, 19:46

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 9, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 8, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"AdCom Zoom Interview - Round 1 Conversational tone although format was more like a regular behavioral interview. My interview lasted about 45 minutes including 10 minutes where I had two of my questions answered. My reviewer (AdCom member) was familiar with my entire application and confirmed that they had read my application front to back before starting our call. Retrospectively it looks like a lot of questions asked but the interviewer made it not too intimidating. I was also trying hard to keep answers concise to keep from rambling. 1. Can you describe your current company to me? 2. What's an example of a project you've worked on recently? 3. What is your career Plan B? 4. How would you be able to uniquely contribute to your class? 5. What leadership opportunities would you seek out on campus? 6. Why Foster? 7. What do you expect will be the most challenging part of the MBA? 8. What is a leadership trait you admire in others? 9. What type of leader are you? 10. Tell me about a time when you felt overwhelmed. How did you react? 11. What is the biggest risk you've ever taken? 12. Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you reconcile differences? 13. Is there anything we have not covered that you'd like to mention? 14. What questions do you have for me?"
This user wants to stay Private
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 3, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 3, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed with Kathleen Glazier from Adcom via Zoom. The interview went on for around 50 minutes (45 minutes for me to answer and 5 minutes for the interviewer to answer my questions) - The interviewer had my resume with her. Questions asked were: 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why MBA and why now? 3. What is your Backup plan? 4. Why Foster? 5. Tell me about a time you received negative feedback, and how did you respond to it? 6. How do you work in a team? 7. Describe your leadership style. 8. Anything you would like to share? 9. Any questions for me? Hope this helps! All the best!"
6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 27, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 27, 21
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Interviewed with Adcom via Zoom call. The interview went on for around 50 minutes (40 minutes for me to answer and 10 minutes for interviewer to answer my questions) - The interviewer had my resume with them. Questions asked were: 1. Talk to me about your job? What do you enjoy most about your job? 2. Why MBA and why now? 3. What are your post MBA goals? 4. What is your Backup plan? 5. How do you work in a team? How would your teammates describe you? 6. How would you contribute to Foster? 7. Tell me about a time when you you felt dejected or when you doubted yourself? 8. Anything you would like to share? 9. Any questions for me?"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 26, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Oct 26, 21
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"It was a nice experience overall. I interviewed with an Adcom Member. The questions asked were: Why MBA? Short-term & Long term goals? Alternative career path What you will bring to Foster? Contribution in class/study group Questions related to work ex Strength - weakness Describe your leadership style If not a leader then which role will you play? Anything you want the adcom to know? Any questions for me? It was around 20-22 mins and then in the last 8-10 min, she answered my questions. All the best!"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 15, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 25, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I interviewed with Carrie. She kept it very professional and ran through her list of question without ceremony, at the beginning she was upfront that it would be like that and that she'd be taking notes so pardon if she wasn't looking at me. She didn't really respond to anything I was saying, not sure if my answers were not landing or that is just her interview style. Questions were same as below. I did somehow get tripped up on the question "what is professionalism to you?" so be prepared for that."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 14, 21
Interviewed on:
Feb 22, 21
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"1.Post mba goals. -20 minutes 2.Walk me through resume 3.Why foster 4.why mba and why now 5.how do you contribute to foster 6.Failure and learning from that 7.Appreciation at work place and situation 8.what do you expect from career services ?"
5.4 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 9, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 9, 21
"Here are the questions asked to me: Interview time: 40 mins Can you tell us about your professional experience? What do you like the most in your job? Explain one of the projects that you have recently worked on? What are your long-term and short-term goals? What is Plan B? Why do you want to come to Foster? What are your contributions? Tell me about a time when you had to influence your manager? Tell me about a time when you had received constructive feedback? If you are not a team leader, how would you contribute to the team? The time when you had to give a presentation that you haven't prepared for? What are you most passionate about outside work? Do you have any questions for us?"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 13, 20
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 20
"My interview was with Alexsis and she pretty much asked the questions that users have pointed out here. She did inform that she had gone through my profile but I didn't get any specific questions about it. Sharing the ones I received - 1. Why do you want to do an MBA? 2. Why Foster? 3. What are you most excited about from MBA? 4. What challenges do you think you will face here? 5. What is a piece of constructive feedback/criticism? 6. What was a professional compliment? 7. Describe a scenario when you had to work with minimal guidance? The interview lasted about 40 mins. I tried to make it conversational but it was a vain attempt. Looks like a lot of other candidates also had similar experience. I also sent her an e-mail after the interview, but didn't receive a response. All the best folks!"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 10, 20
Interviewed on:
Nov 10, 20
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Interview was friendly but a little less conversational than some other reviews mention... Overall it was fairly straightforward and between these debriefs and Ellin Lollis questions, there were few surprises... Lasted around 35 mins. https://ellinlolis.com/blog/washington-foster-mba-interview-sample-questions/ Here are the questions I can remember answering: Why an MBA? How do you plan to use your MBA? How will you stand out in using your MBA when applying for jobs after graduation? Why Foster? How will you engage the community at foster? When have you received criticism at work? What was the last compliment you received at work? When have you handled teamwork? How have you dealt with a co-worker that has different views/opinions about diversity? What questions do you have for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 10, 20
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Q1. Walk me through your Professional experience. Q2. What is a regular day at your current job and what do you like the most? Q3. What are your plans after MBA? Q4. How will an MBA help you with these goals? What are your current gaps Q5. Why did you chose Foster? Q6. How will you involve at Foster? Q7. Biggest challenge you will feel at Foster Q8. Time when your manager disagreed? Q9. Tell me about a time you got a negative feedback. Q10. If not your desired role then which other roles? Q11. Which companies are you looking for your post mba goals? Q10. Do you have any questions for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 2, 20
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 20
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Interviewed with Kathleen Glazier from the AdCom. Not a blind interview. Q1. Walk me through your resume. Q2. What is a regular day at your job? Q3. What roles did you take in teams you have worked during your career? Q4. What are your plans after MBA? Q5. How will an MBA help you with these goals? Q6. Why did you chose Foster? Q7. How will you involve at Foster? Q8. How will you use the Career Management center for your internship or job search? Q9. Tell me about a time you got a negative feedback. Q10. Do you have any questions for me? (She answered in detail and asked 'Any other questions' 3 times and the last time I mentioned I don't really have any other question but can you tell me about the COVID situation at UW after answering which she ended the interview.) Interview went for 35 min. Not as conversational as some of the other debriefs mentioned, probably because I was giving really long answers. But it was still quite conversational."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 31, 20
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Oct 29, 20
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Interviewed with Adcom via Zoom call. The interview went on for around 40 minutes and it was not a blind interview - The interviewer had gone through my application. Some questions were 1. Introduction 2. Why MBA? Why now? Why Foster? 3. Three words your colleagues would use to describe you. 4. Time when you had a setback at work. 5. Time when you were unsure of what to do at work. 6. How will you show leadership at Foster? 7. Time when you involved yourself in a situation of diversity. 8. Time when you received a positive feedback. 9. A constructive criticism that you have received. 10. Questions for the interviewer."
6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 29, 20
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 20
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"I had a lovely interview with an AdCom Counselor - interview lasted around 45 mins and was very comfortable. Here are the Q's I was asked (not necessarily in that order) - MBA/Foster Qs - - What skills are you trying to address from the MBA? - Why Foster? - Why now? - What roles and countries? [I was asked a Plan B since Product Management is popular and very competitive. There was also a Q around what countries might I be interested in which was probably in light of the recent visa troubles/restrictions in the US] - Short term and long term goals [More of a detailed form of the previous Q] - What can you contribute to Foster - What do you bring to Foster [I answered the previous Q from a clubs perspective, this one from my personal traits perspective] Behavioral Questions - - A time when you doubted yourself? - Three words your teammate would use to describe you - If you're not the lead on a team, what role do you like to take up? [This was fun - different from a standard "Tell me about a time.." format] - Time you disagreed with your manager? - Received feedback [Example was positive feedback] - Received 'constructive' feedback - Outside of work what do you do Overall, very conversational and as someone said on their debrief, if you spend some time reading through the past Q's from the debriefs here, you'll have ~90% of your interview covered :) For my more talkative peeps here - I am generally very talkative on interviews and the interviewer never made me feel like I was overextending my welcome. Hope that helps calm some anxiety!"
4.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 29, 20
Interviewed on:
Oct 22, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed on Zoom, lasted about 45mins. Interviewer has very nice and friendly and it was quite conversational. Interview was not blind. Questions that I can recall: - Why MBA? What specific skills I hope to gain from MBA - Why now? - Why Foster? - How did I end up in current job/why did I move to the US? - Short and long term career goals, target companies - Biggest risk I've taken - Tell me about a compliment I received at work - Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult colleague - Three words to describe my leadership style - Question about why diversity is important to me (can't remember the phrasing) - Anything I wish they had asked"
United States
Foster Evening MBA
Debrief posted on  Jun 26, 20
Interviewed on:
Jun 26, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I just completed my virtual interview for the Foster Evening MBA program, class of 2023. I was interviewed by Alexsis Scott, Associate Director of Foster MBA Admissions. I was asked the following questions: 1. Why do you want to pursue an MBA? Why now? 2. Why Foster? 3. How would you contribute to the Foster community? 4. Tell me about a time you received negative/constructive feedback from a coworker or manager? 5. Tell me about a time you received a professional compliment? 6. What challenges/opportunities do you expect to face at Foster and how do you plan on adapting to them? I was then able to ask Alexsis questions which she responded with very thoughtful insight into aspects of Foster's program that you can't necessarily read about on their website or forums. Overall, like others mentioned previously, the interview was very conversational and lasted 30 minutes."
7 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 27, 20
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Feb 25, 20
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"very friendly interview - about 20 minutes. tell me about your professional life why MBA and why MBA now Any body in your professional life who impacted you? Work related - something you are proud of how will you contribute to Foster ? interest outside work In three words how will your colleague describe you If not your plan A then are you open to other career option post MBA any dream company/job what are your expectation from career coaches?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 25, 20
Interviewed on:
Feb 11, 20
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"I had my interview with admissions director. It was around 30mins long. I was asked following questions: 1. tell me about your professional experience after graduation. 2. why MBA? why now? 3. why Foster? 4. Post MBA goals. dream company? 5. what do you like about your current role? 6. time when you were a team member not a team leader. 7. time when you gave presentation without preparation. 8. time when you have shown your risk taking ability at work. 9. time when you set your goals too high. 10. what will you bring to class? 11. how will you show leadership at Foster? 12. Outside work passion? practice questions from video essay question bank."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 6, 20
Interviewed on:
Feb 5, 20
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Had my interview a few hours ago with The Associate Dir. of Admissions - Alexsis Scott, the whole thing lasted about 40+ mins. Alexsis made it super comfortable for me to speak and allowed me to express everything I wanted to share while answering her questions. The following are the questions (which I remember being asked...as the whole thing seems a blur now because it went by so fast!) 1. What has inspired you to get an MBA? Why Foster? 2. What are you most excited about/looking forward to at Foster? 3. What challenges/opportunities do you expect to have while at Foster? 4. How can you contribute to the Foster community, esp. w.r.t. to clubs and activities? 5. Why do you think you will be suitable for the roles you have mentioned post-MBA? 6. Any situation where you got negative feedback? Most recent professional compliment? 7. Anything you would like to ask me? Hope this helps!"
3.8 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 29, 20
Interviewed on:
Jan 17, 20
"Kira Qs - 1. Tell us an instance when you went above and beyond to help a friend. 2. Tell us an instance when you wanted to do something but faced resistance. How did you tackle that situation ?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 29, 20
Interviewed on:
Jan 28, 20
"Had my Skype interview with Deputy Director of Admissions. It was a really nice interview. Some of the questions that I can remember are listed below: 1. Can you walk me through your life so far emphasising on your professional experiences. -> Some follow up questions here. 2. How did you decide that MBA is the right next choice. And how can Foster help you in that. 3. There is a possibility that your Plan A won't work. What is your Plan B? 4. What does the words determination and resilient mean for you? Could you share an example where you showed these characteristics? 5. As we all know branding is very important and each product is supposed to have an edge on others. Similarly, as an MBA student, you need to have that edge/uniqueness about you. What according to you is that edge that you have over someone else? Then came the chance for me to ask questions, and in all my experience, this was the most satisfying Q/A session I had where he really answered my questions in detail with complete honesty. If you see, one of the question is same as one of the Kira questions. So I would suggest you to go through that as well. Its a casual interview. Be yourself. Know your story well and be confident about them. All the best to everyone reading this!"