Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:14 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:14
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10213 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 466 [2]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
I'm a first year MBA student at WashU. Feel free to reach out for any queries. I will answer them as per my convenience

Regards,
HK
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hatakekakashi wrote:
I'm a first year MBA student at WashU. Feel free to reach out for any queries. I will answer them as per my convenience

Regards,
HK

That's wonderful! Hope applicants will benefit from your experience and utilize this opportunity to ask their questions about the program.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anyone wants to talk about application video component? Was it part of last year's application?

Website doesn't say anything except that applicants will receive link and video submission instructions after they enter the recommender details.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 466 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
Anyone wants to talk about application video component? Was it part of last year's application?

Website doesn't say anything except that applicants will receive link and video submission instructions after they enter the recommender details.

As far I remember, I don't think there was a video component at all

Regards,
HK

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Narenn wrote:

Regards,
HK

Yeah, I also didn't see any mention of it in last year's discussion. Thanks for clarifying though. How is your experience at Olin so far? Anything to tell prospective applicants?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 466 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Narenn wrote:

Regards,
HK

Yeah, I also didn't see any mention of it in last year's discussion. Thanks for clarifying though. How is your experience at Olin so far? Anything to tell prospective applicants?

Olin started in June. So, as a class we know each other better and most schools start in August so by August we are definitely much ahead in terms of adjusting to b school compared to other schools.

We had a crazy summer semester, where we went to Washington DC, Barcelona, Beijing and Shanghai

So that's something really unique about our program and definitely apply to WashU
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hi
Olin website says that recommender can submit common Lor directly however the portal shows different LOR questions. As my recommender wants to send the common Lor documen, what all do they need to write in the email? Also as the portal will continue to show LOR not completed even though it's been sent to the adcom, how should we get to know the actual status of application ?

Originally posted by s_akshansh on 09 Oct 2019, 02:13.
Last edited by s_akshansh on 09 Oct 2019, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
s_akshansh wrote:
Hi
Do we need to submit Kira talent questions before the deadline only? Also, Olin website says that recommender can submit common Lor directly however the portal shows different LOR questions. As my recommender wants to send the common Lor documen, what all do they need to write in the email? Also as the portal will continue to show LOR not completed even though it's been sent to the adcom, how should we get to know the actual status of application ?

Inviting dbsheta to the discussion. Do you have any input on this query? Thank you in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
s_akshansh wrote:
Hi
Do we need to submit Kira talent questions before the deadline only? Also, Olin website says that recommender can submit common Lor directly however the portal shows different LOR questions. As my recommender wants to send the common Lor documen, what all do they need to write in the email? Also as the portal will continue to show LOR not completed even though it's been sent to the adcom, how should we get to know the actual status of application ?

1. Follow the details in the mail you might have received for the video interview. Usually it is one week from the day you received the link (in case of Foster and Fisher). If not, then consider finishing it by the app deadline.

2. He can send a mail with subject "Common Letter of Recommendation for: NAME | email@id.com". In the body he can just say, please find the letter of recommendation. for name (email) and some pleasantries if your recommender wishes to do so. After doing that, write a mail to the adcom that your manager has sent recommendation from xyzzy email address. They will add it to your application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone,

I did apply to Olin in previous app season in R2 if anyone has any questions, happy to help!

Though I did not enroll, I was in with dean's scholarship.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatenthureturns wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I did apply to Olin in previous app season in R2 if anyone has any questions, happy to help!

Wow..that's impressive! Can you tell us a little about your professional background and profile stats? Also which school you ultimately chose?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
gmatenthureturns wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Wow..that's impressive! Can you tell us a little about your professional background and profile stats? Also which school you ultimately chose?

Hi Narenn

Ofcourse, I did dual degree at one of top 5 IIT, worked one year in India oil/gas midstream, moved to Canada for MS, been working here for past 5 years in energy space with clear career progression. GMAT - 710. Ton of international exposure in Europe and North America, have few publications in research journals though I don't think they made any difference. Decent ECs through undergrad, grad, and post graduation.

Interestingly, I was initially wait-listed, but received an admit with scholarship later, even though I had not followed up with any material updates.

I am headed to HEC Paris!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatenthureturns wrote:
Hi Narenn

Ofcourse, I did dual degree at one of top 5 IIT, worked one year in India oil/gas midstream, moved to Canada for MS, been working here for past 5 years in energy space with clear career progression. GMAT - 710. Ton of international exposure in Europe and North America, have few publications in research journals though I don't think they made any difference. Decent ECs through undergrad, grad, and post graduation.

Interestingly, I was initially wait-listed, but received an admit with scholarship later, even though I had not followed up with any material updates.

I am headed to HEC Paris!

Looking at your amazing and well-planned post-undergrad journey, WL decision from Olin is surely puzzling, but that's the beauty of MBA admissions; One can never predict which element will go in your favor and which one against you.

Anyway all the best for your MBA journey at HEC Paris!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
R1 app deadline is over and I see few submission reports on decision tracker. Good luck to all who applied in R1; Show yourself, talk to fellow applicants, share your interview prep plans, exchange updates/thoughts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Does anyone have any idea on when will the interview invites be rolled out?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
One of my friends got the interview invite and he gave his interview last Tuesday.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 148
GRE 1: Q165 V157
Send PM