It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 16:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.18
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2017, 10:03
fallikzoan wrote:

Thanks for helping us out Lucky4
I'm getting ahead of myself here, but do you remember the deposit deadlines for R1 and R2 admits last year? Want to gather as much info as possible.

Most probably I'm applying R1.

No problem! I applied and was admitted R1, and the deposit for that was due 26 February. Not sure for the R2 folks

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 00:22
Aiming to apply in Round 1.
Anyone from Delhi NCR?
Let's catch up!!

breathe in.. and breathe out!

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Kudos [?]: 16297 [0], given: 1953

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 06:00

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 77

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 20:53
souvik101990 wrote:
Just submitted the app. I found out that Ross will do team exercise in India for R1 applicants. I am looking forward to it (need to get invited though :P)

Souvik which all schools are you applying to? I feel like you're in every school thread I follow haha.

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2017, 03:16
redfield - I am omnipresent.

Honestly, last year was brutal. I researched the crap out of things along with my post-ding reflection. I realized for Indians how important the GMAT is and how crucial it is to apply in R1. I am applying to a couple of schools. I am stronger, wiser, and a couple pounds heavier :)

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2017, 03:18

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2017, 03:50
souvik101990 wrote:
redfield - also, I just read your GMAT debrief. Super inspirational stuff :)

Haha omnipresent is a good answer.

Thank you, I had totally forgotten that I wrote that debrief but did not forget about getting the bloody nose or going to the wrong test center. Live and you learn :)

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2017, 15:55
Subjective question - what is the best way to show interest in the school for a reapplicant? I am really keen on the school, have researched well, talked to a bunch of people last year, 2-3 folks this year, info-session etc etc.

Anything else that can catch adcom's eye AND add value without annoying them?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 48 [1], given: 77

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2017, 16:16
This post received
KUDOS
gmat7m wrote:
Subjective question - what is the best way to show interest in the school for a reapplicant? I am really keen on the school, have researched well, talked to a bunch of people last year, 2-3 folks this year, info-session etc etc.

Anything else that can catch adcom's eye AND add value without annoying them?

Just my opinion - that sounds like you've done your part, not sure you can really do much more. I think as a reapplicant it already shows to some degree you are indeed interested in the school because you've waited a year and now you're going through all the effort to reapply. Then you show you've continued your research and keep speaking with a few alumni. As far as interest goes I think you can consider that checked.

The more important aspect as a reapplicant is proving how you aren't the same person you were last year, what have you done to improve your candidacy and grow towards your goals? I think that's probably the most important aspect as a reapplicant because again I think just the fact you've waited a year and now going through the steps again already shows the interest is still strong.

Kudos [?]: 48 [1], given: 77

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
P

Kudos [?]: 16297 [1], given: 1953

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2017, 04:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I was going to post something very similar in the lines of what has been said.

I think you've done your bit to show that you're still interested in the school. Now it's all about articulating why they should still be interested in you.

What have you done since last year that makes you a more mature and accomplished candidate?

For example, I am a reapplicant myself and this is what I did.

1. Got promoted at work. If this hadn't happened I'd have taken up a big project and seen it through (though my promotion entails that already). If that was also tricky, I'd pick up a community volunteer experience 20-30 hours a week and build something strong.

3. I retook the GMAT to gain more than 20 points and as a result I am now significantly higher if Ross' average.

3. I modified my career vision as last year my goals were murky and flawed at best and terribly planned at worst.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 16297 [1], given: 1953

BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 719 [0], given: 62

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2017, 08:21
Finally, taken the decision to apply to Ross as a re-applicant. In for R1. I will start working on my essays from late Sunday or Monday onward.

All the best to all. :)

V21 ---> V40!

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 04:36
abhimahna wrote:
Finally, taken the decision to apply to Ross as a re-applicant. In for R1. I will start working on my essays from late Sunday or Monday onward.

All the best to all. :)

Wow you're giving yourself two weeks to go through the application? An impressive feat; I have worked on mine on and off since they released the essay questions and just now hit submit.

Which by the way, submitted the application! So damn excited. It's awkward because you fall in love with the school you're applying to and you have to make sure that comes through in the application but you also don't want to get overly excited and be let-down if it doesn't happen for one reason or another.

Thank goodness Ross only needs one recommender though. My second one is putting off writing the letter until the next Haley's Comet it seems...

BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 04:53
redfield wrote:
Wow you're giving yourself two weeks to go through the application? An impressive feat; I have worked on mine on and off since they released the essay questions and just now hit submit.

Which by the way, submitted the application! So damn excited. It's awkward because you fall in love with the school you're applying to and you have to make sure that comes through in the application but you also don't want to get overly excited and be let-down if it doesn't happen for one reason or another.

Thank goodness Ross only needs one recommender though. My second one is putting off writing the letter until the next Haley's Comet it seems...

Yeah, actually not two weeks. I am planning to complete this within next 3-4 days. I have other apps pending but yes, the ones I need to submit by 1st week of Oct are near to completion now. :)

Btw, you saved my life now. I need only one recommendation. It is also ready. I was thinking I need to find a 3rd recommendator but I don't. :-D :P

V21 ---> V40!

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 130

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 05:11
souvik101990 wrote:

Honestly, last year was brutal. I researched the crap out of things along with my post-ding reflection. I realized for Indians how important the GMAT is and how crucial it is to apply in R1. I am applying to a couple of schools. I am stronger, wiser, and a couple pounds heavier :)

"how crucial it is to apply in R1" Can you elaborate a little Souvik?

A KUDO = A Thank-you. If this post helped you, please send a KUDO across.

YOU CAN LEARN ANYTHING!
MY GMAT BLOG ---> https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-fitness-mat-some-music-few-books-and-the-gmat-245808.html

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 130

BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 05:16
Inten21 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

"how crucial it is to apply in R1" Can you elaborate a little Souvik?

Round 1 is extremelyyyyyy crucial for Indians because post that probability of getting selected reduces alot. Reason: They receive tons of applications from Indians and they have to select a few % only plus many seats are filled in round 1 itself.

Did you see the relation?

V21 ---> V40!

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 05:22
abhimahna has already said it but here is what I think!

More individuals (and Indians) apply in R2 than R1. As Indian profiles tend to be really similar (yes, we all play cricket and teach english to slum children), the chances of standing out becomes higher in R1.

Second, it is hard anyway to get in as an Indian in top b schools. Applying in R1 gives them clear indication that you are more interested and well prepared to apply (assuming you put in decent effort in applications)!

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2017, 07:09
In for R1

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2017, 07:09

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 57 posts ] 

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap