Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:53 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [2]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [2]
Given Kudos: 18870
GPA: 3
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [2]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
variantguy - congratulations! I hope to see you in Ann Arbor next year!

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Thank you for the warm welcome, bb!

Go Blue! :-D

bb wrote:
I am excited to announce that variantguy will be the Ross moderator and leading the discussion.

You can learn a bit more about him from his spectacular GMAT debrief (spoiler, he got a 750). In brief, for the lazy ones, he is from India and will be applying for his second MBA at around 30. It is an uphill task but he got an amazing GMAT score (esp for his age) and hopefully souvik101990 will have his back too ;-)

Anyway, please join me in welcoming the new Ross Class of 2022 moderator!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thanks souvik101990! I hope the same! :)

PS - Read your zero to five admit story and must say, it was quite a motivational boost! And thanks for the detailed review of Applicant Lab! :)

souvik101990 wrote:
variantguy - congratulations! I hope to see you in Ann Arbor next year!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Ross is known for a lot of good things, but what draws you to apply for a Ross MBA program? Who all are excited to apply and what's your motivation to pick Ross? Share you aspirations, which round you're going for, and how confident you feel about your Ross application. Looking forward to an insightful and inspiring exchange of ideas!!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Premieres Soon..

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [2]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hi everyone, please feel free to "at" me with questions that come up. I feel like Ross is a bit of a specialty of mine.

I have two sets of Ross essays on my sample page here: https://mbaessaycoaching.com/sample-essays/

One of those clients received a $40K scholarship with a 650 GMAT but decided to head to Wharton-Lauder with a $30K scholarship.

Sharing the letter for your inspiration (and his generous approval) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovptkxg6ohhgkth/Scholarship%20%2440%2C000.pdf?dl=0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Does anyone know when the full-time application goes live?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bluecardinal

You can create your account and get started on your applications here: https://applyweb.collegenet.com/account ... mross%252F

All the best for your applications!

bluecardinal wrote:
Does anyone know when the full-time application goes live?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Ross Webinar Schedule - Here's Your Chance to Know More About Ross

Hello, Ross 2020 aspirants!

Last week, Taya Sapp, Senior Associate Director of Admissions, hosted a webinar with Ross Alumni where they discussed their Ross experience and some differentiators that set Ross apart. If you missed it, Here's a link.

Also, there's an upcoming webinar for Round 1 applicants. The Ross AdCom will briefly highlight what differentiates Michigan Ross and provide an overview of how to navigate the Ross admissions process.

And here's where you can find a complete list of all the scheduled Ross webinars.

variantguy wrote:
Welcome all Ross class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

Ross Application Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis

Ross 2020 App Status Tracker | Add your name to the tracker

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Attention Ross aspirants in India! Meet face-to-face with Ross AdCom members this week (multiple cities)!

Michigan Ross is participating in the QS World MBA Tour in India. Stop by the Michigan Ross table to meet with a Ross admissions committee member.

Schedule
  • QS World MBA Tour - Delhi (July 29)
  • QS World MBA Tour - Hyderabad (Aug 1)
  • QS World MBA Tour - Bangalore (Aug 3)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi everyone, for those of you who could not attend the recent webinar on Getting Ready for Ross: Round 1, here's a link to the recording of the session. Some really helpful insights in there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpuYYTDiHZQ
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yay, missed this and grateful you posted the replay.

variantguy wrote:
Hi everyone, for those of you who could not attend the recent webinar on Getting Ready for Ross: Round 1, here's a link to the recording of the session. Some really helpful insights in there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpuYYTDiHZQ
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos

Sept 4: Ross Adcom on GMAT Club to Chat with Applicants

Yes, you heard it right. Meredith Hartmann, Associate Director of Admissions at Michigan Ross, will be visiting our chat room to chat with prospective Ross MBA applicants. We hope all applicants will join Ross adcom in this live chat session to get answers to their questions and tips and advice for preparing the best application.

Wednesday, Sept 4, 2019 10am ET (7am PDT / 3pm British time / 7:30pm IST)

Join Link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php

Signup to get email reminder of this chat.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM

The chat sessions starts soon, in another 15 minutes! We hope you are able to join us and get your important questions for applications and R1 submissions answered!

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

variantguy wrote:

Sept 4: Ross Adcom on GMAT Club to Chat with Applicants

Yes, you heard it right. Meredith Hartmann, Associate Director of Admissions at Michigan Ross, will be visiting our chat room to chat with prospective Ross MBA applicants. We hope all applicants will join Ross adcom in this live chat session to get answers to their questions and tips and advice for preparing the best application.

Wednesday, Sept 4, 2019 10am ET (7am PDT / 3pm British time / 7:30pm IST)

Join Link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php

Signup to get email reminder of this chat.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks everyone for participating in the latest Ross adcom chat. Special thanks to @GMATForam, MBA42020, Businessconquerer, seldon2019, Anshul0102, & ychcui for asking some great questions in the session.

Here are key takeaways from the chat. Full transcript is also available to download below.

• We only require one recommendation, so choose carefully! You want to choose a person who knows you well and can speak to your accomplishments and professional growth in a detailed way (which is often your direct supervisor). Choosing someone high up who can’t do this for you will actually hurt an application.
  • App Evaluation Process: I and my team do an initial read to see who we want to interview, and we make a certain number of deny and WL decisions at the first read. After we have all the information, we do a second read and then get together to ensure we’re on the same page before scholarshipping and admissions (this is the teensy pocket sized explanation of a big important process btw)
  • The team exercise is by invitation only - if you’re invited to interview, you will be invited to the TE. Team exercise is offered in all 3 rounds on campus, but for R1 & R2 we travel at select international destinations for international applicants
  • R1 vs R2: My colleague recently ran the numbers and found no difference between rates of acceptance in r1 v r2. We scholarship equally between rounds as well.
  • Role of IR & AWA Scores: We look primarily at the verbal and quant sections - we’ve found those are the best indicators of academic performance (especially the quant section) as our program is heavily quantitative
  • We look at your application as a whole - you’re a whole person, after all. You want to ensure you can put forward the strongest application possible. But do remember that no application is perfect - no one area is going to tank your candidacy!

Full Chat Transcript

Attachment:
Ross Chat Transcript Sept 4.pdf [100.17 KiB]
Downloaded 86 times
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Last week a few friends and I did a webinar on summer internship success at Ross. If you didn’t get to watch it, happy to answer some recruiting questions with no filter.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all,

Has anyone been experiencing issues where they see their application document uploads (for example, resume) appear blurry in the preview tool?

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts