GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 16:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2020, 21:30
Ross Michigan DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 11 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:760, Industry: Insurance, WE 78, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 46 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q49 V42), GPA: 3.58, Industry: Commercial Banking, WE 66, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2020, 23:08
Hi everyone! Congratulations to those who've received interview invites! I attended the team exercise in India during Round 1 and happy to clarify some of the questions I see here:

1. Team exercise is not at all mandatory, and the Admissions Committee certainly does not expect you to travel to another country to attend it. Not attending the team exercise will not have a negative bearing on your chances of getting in, and there are students in the past who have gotten in without participating in the team exercise.

2. That said, I would strongly recommend that anyone who can attend it must attend it. It's not only an opportunity to add additional data points to your candidature, but a great way to meet your potential future classmates and get a glimpse of Ross' collaborative and action-based learning methods, not to mention that you also get to meet alumni and current students and learn more about the program.

3. Depending on the numbers that turn up, the entire event can last from a couple of hours to half a day, including a short lunch/happy hour in the end.

4. You don't need to prepare for the team exercise in any way whatsoever (you can't actually). It's essentially a test of how well you work in a group and your interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills. Think of it as an 'a**hole test' (and please please please don't be one!!).

5. You will be put into groups of 4-5 and given a business problem to solve. You will get some time to brainstorm as a group, followed by a short presentation, where each of you will have to present, followed by a Q&A.

Again, it is not so much a test of your business problem solving/consulting skills as it is of how well you work with others, how you communicate your viewpoint (and listen to others), and your presentation skills.

Posted from my mobile device

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2020, 23:30
Thanks variantguy for the tips.

How important is it to have face to face interview? Are Skype interviews looked down negativity?

Currently i am unable to find a timeslot which suits my schedule to interview with an alum

Invited to Interview
16 Jan, 2020
16 Jan 2020, 23:46
HopefullyMBA2020 GMAT: 730, Q50, V38; WE: 60 months; United States, CA; via Email
via consortium [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2020, 00:30

• Invited to interview, 43 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q50 V38), heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 49 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q49 V41), GPA: 3.56, Industry: Health Care, WE 36, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2020, 00:55
Hi bhaumik93, congrats on the invite!

The AdCom will weigh all interviews equally, so the choice between in-person and Skype should be driven more by which format you feel more comfortable with. The AdComs will also tell you to first try and do an in-person interview as it makes for a more natural and engaging conversation for most people. But, if you're someone who is comfortable talking into a screen and can quickly establish a rapport with a person who's not physically in front of you, then it's completely fine to go for a Skype interview. I can definitely tell you that Skype interviews are not 'looked down upon' - if so, the AdComs would not be spending time and energy coaching the student interviewers. :)

I chose to do a Skype interview with a Ross MBA 2 (in fact, I did all my other school interviews online as well, either by design or by choice) and had a fantastic experience!

I can't speak much about interviewing in-person with an alum, but I can talk about my reasons for choosing to interview with current students. Firstly, student interviewers are MBA2s who have been in the applicant's shoes a year back, and hence generally tend to be kinder and more open to listening. They also receive extensive anti-bias training. More importantly, if you mention particular resources/opportunities at Ross that you are interested in, chances are that those would resonate more with a student interviewer who might either himself/herself be utilizing those or have friends/peers who've taken up those classes/projects/clubs vs. an alum who might have attended school 10-15 years ago. Additionally, if you've been networking and have already spoken to current students during your school research/essay writing process, you can drop names (nicely, of course :) ) and it might be that your interviewer knows that person, which can be a good way to establish a rapport too.

TL;DR - If you're not able to find an in-person interview slot and you are reasonably comfortable with talking into a screen, don't sweat it and go for a Skype interview. All interviews are considered equal by the AdCom.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your interview! :thumbup:

bhaumik93 wrote:

How important is it to have face to face interview? Are Skype interviews looked down negativity?

Currently i am unable to find a timeslot which suits my schedule to interview with an alum

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2020, 05:10
Thanks variantguy super helpful!

Just booked my online skype interview :)

variantguy wrote:
Hi bhaumik93, congrats on the invite!

The AdCom will weigh all interviews equally, so the choice between in-person and Skype should be driven more by which format you feel more comfortable with. The AdComs will also tell you to first try and do an in-person interview as it makes for a more natural and engaging conversation for most people. But, if you're someone who is comfortable talking into a screen and can quickly establish a rapport with a person who's not physically in front of you, then it's completely fine to go for a Skype interview. I can definitely tell you that Skype interviews are not 'looked down upon' - if so, the AdComs would not be spending time and energy coaching the student interviewers. :)

I chose to do a Skype interview with a Ross MBA 2 (in fact, I did all my other school interviews online as well, either by design or by choice) and had a fantastic experience!

I can't speak much about interviewing in-person with an alum, but I can talk about my reasons for choosing to interview with current students. Firstly, student interviewers are MBA2s who have been in the applicant's shoes a year back, and hence generally tend to be kinder and more open to listening. They also receive extensive anti-bias training. More importantly, if you mention particular resources/opportunities at Ross that you are interested in, chances are that those would resonate more with a student interviewer who might either himself/herself be utilizing those or have friends/peers who've taken up those classes/projects/clubs vs. an alum who might have attended school 10-15 years ago. Additionally, if you've been networking and have already spoken to current students during your school research/essay writing process, you can drop names (nicely, of course :) ) and it might be that your interviewer knows that person, which can be a good way to establish a rapport too.

TL;DR - If you're not able to find an in-person interview slot and you are reasonably comfortable with talking into a screen, don't sweat it and go for a Skype interview. All interviews are considered equal by the AdCom.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your interview! :thumbup:

bhaumik93 wrote:

BSchool Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2020, 09:40
Awesome! :thumbup: Good luck and look forward to your interview debrief! :)

Feel free to DM if you want to discuss anything about the interview.

bhaumik93 wrote:
Thanks variantguy super helpful!

Just booked my online skype interview :)

Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2020, 10:06
Anyone sign up for the consortium interview day? Did you get any sort of confirmation after completing the survey ?

BSchool Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2020, 04:54
Starting in Fall 2020, Michigan Ross will offer a new STEM track in its full-time MBA program! :cool: Ross full-time MBA students, including the class of 2021, interested in pursuing a STEM-designated degree can elect to do so. More details on the requirements will be made available in February.

Read the complete story here: https://michiganross.umich.edu/ross-new ... a-students

There are more efforts being done to help international students. The Career Development Office will be hiring a staff member focused on sourcing job postings for international students both in and outside of the U.S, in addition to a Career Coach to support international students with their particular recruiting needs.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 05:19
Does anyone know when is the round-1 enrollment deadline for Ross?
BSchool Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 05:20
February 17

adiang wrote:
Does anyone know when is the round-1 enrollment deadline for Ross?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 19:09
Hi, hope all is well with everyone. Just wanted to check if anyone here is going to the upcoming Tokyo team exercise on 8 Feb? I have flights to Tokyo booked from 7-9 Feb so I thought to connect ahead and perhaps hangout during that time. Please pm me :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 06:59
Wishing us all luck tomorrow as we wait for final R2 interview invites.

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2020, 05:55
Good luck guys! Join main chat room to stay in touch with fellow applicants.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2020, 15:30

• Invited to interview, 24 minutes ago, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 40 minutes ago, from United States, GPA: 3.23, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 48, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2020, 13:26
Does it make sense to apply to Ross in round 3 as an international applicant (indian)? I mean are they accepting of international applicants in round 3?
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2020, 14:04
admission2020 wrote:
Does it make sense to apply to Ross in round 3 as an international applicant (indian)? I mean are they accepting of international applicants in round 3?

The following is from their Application Requirements page:
"While you are welcome to apply in Round 3, international applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their materials in Rounds 1 or 2 to allow sufficient time for visa processing."

https://michiganross.umich.edu/graduate/full-time-mba/admissions/application-requirements
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GRE 1: Q163 V159
GPA: 3.29

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 10:32
Hey did any R1 applicants that had been denied get any feedback from the adcom?

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 10:51
Hi guys, has anybody in round 1 or 2 had experience with interviewing with an alumni? I have an interview scheduled in Feb and wanted to you understand if this would be a lot different from an interview with a student or Admissions officer.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 29 Jan 2020, 10:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 217 posts ] 

Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: variantguy, anjalyly