Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [2]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [1]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [0]
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [4]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hi Cambridge hopefuls, my two cents on these essays

Please provide a personal statement. It should not exceed 500 words and must address the following questions:
What are your short- and long-term career objectives and what skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you achieve them? What actions will you take before and during the MBA to contribute to your career outcome?

THE EQUATION
To write a persuasive application, it’s critical that you have those goals honed and refined. Background + MBA = Post-MBA Goal. So, in order to solve for “MBA” part here, you need to figure out the right side of the equation.
Then, take Post-MBA Goal + Experience = Long Term Goal. Ideally this long-term goal will stir the adcom on both an emotional and analytical level. For more information check out this article:https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2017/03/10/mba-interview-goals-mba/

If you are unsure of your post-MBA career path, how will the MBA equip you for the future?
I would strongly recommend first getting clear on your goals – through assessments and informational interviews. However, if you decide to answer the question this way, think about your strengths and weaknesses. Consider how the MBA would specifically close the gap in important ways that would improve your ability to develop your career. Again, however, I advise against going this route because it will be too generic to be compelling.
More explanation on this: https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2017/04/28/mba-goals-first/

What did you learn from your most spectacular failure? (200 words)
In many ways, this question is a way to screen out narcissists (incapable of acknowledging failure or weakness.) They want candidates who are humble, likeable and able to see themselves clearly. Someone who can acknowledge when they failed, and capable of applying what they learned from the experience in a positive and productive way.

If IMD continues with the same essay question as last cycle, about a time you failed as a leader, you can probably repurpose this essay pretty easily.

Describe a situation where you had to work jointly with others to achieve a common goal. What did you learn from the experience? (up to 200 words)
A bit similar to the previous question, they are looking for coachable candidates who are willing to grow and transform – so I would recommend you speak to an experience where the team experienced a roadblock and detail how you had to grow as a person to overcome it.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Soo.. almost a month left for R1 submissions. Who all are determined to give a shot at Cambridge in R1 this year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Note to admin, for a 2020 intake, this would be the class of 2021. The dates on this thread will confused applicants.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
RonaAydin wrote:
Note to admin, for a 2020 intake, this would be the class of 2021. The dates on this thread will confused applicants.

what's the duration of this program?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [1]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
RonaAydin wrote:

what's the duration of this program?

Hi Narenn, The duration of the program is 1 year.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thanks, RonaAydin and Chethan92 for making us aware of this. I have corrected the dates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for making the correction!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Hi All,

I have a query regarding the LOR format of Cambridge.

I could not find the LOR essay questions anywhere on the Cambridge site, whereas most US universities release their LOR essay questions.

I would like to apprise my manager of what he needs to be prepared for in order to be able to fill the LOR.

Could someone please shed some light on this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [3]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.79
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Mon16 wrote:
Hi All,

I could not find the LOR essay questions anywhere on the Cambridge site, whereas most US universities release their LOR essay questions.

I would like to apprise my manager of what he needs to be prepared for in order to be able to fill the LOR.

Hi there - I got this from a Cambridge alumni a few months back and the questions are as follows. Do leave a Kudos if it helped you out :)

"
1. Elaborate and / or provide us with concrete examples if you have rated the applicant as below average, outstanding or exceptional on any of the qualities in the 'Rate the Applicant' Section.
2. Describe what you like most and least about working with the applicant.
3. Tell us about any particular weakness the candidate has compared to other peers / team members that you regularly work with.
4. Describe the applicant’s attitude and behaviour when working with: (a) managers/supervisors (b) peers (c) subordinates.
5. Suggest what you think the applicant will be doing in ten years.
"
Director
Director
Send PM
I also found it to be quite a bit more difficult to find the LoR portion for European B-Schools.

Its interesting that they are less transparent that US school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Thank you for your response. Much appreciated!

Keby1nja wrote:
Mon16 wrote:
Hi All,

Hi there - I got this from a Cambridge alumni a few months back and the questions are as follows. Do leave a Kudos if it helped you out :)

"
1. Elaborate and / or provide us with concrete examples if you have rated the applicant as below average, outstanding or exceptional on any of the qualities in the 'Rate the Applicant' Section.
2. Describe what you like most and least about working with the applicant.
3. Tell us about any particular weakness the candidate has compared to other peers / team members that you regularly work with.
4. Describe the applicant’s attitude and behaviour when working with: (a) managers/supervisors (b) peers (c) subordinates.
5. Suggest what you think the applicant will be doing in ten years.
"

Director
Director
Send PM
Mon16 wrote:
Hi All,

I just found this website, maybe that is of help too:

https://www.clearadmit.com/mba-admissio ... questions/

Cheers,
Chris
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
I would require more clarity on below mentioned question in the work experience section of online application.

What has been your most significant professional challenge? (200 word limit)

Should the answer contain most significant professional challenge among all the job/roles or the challenge in the most recent job assignment.

Please suggest.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
taruns2000 wrote:
I would require more clarity on below mentioned question in the work experience section of online application.

Should the answer contain most significant professional challenge among all the job/roles or the challenge in the most recent job assignment.

Please suggest.

My personal take on this would be to state your most significant challenge to date, regardless of your current position.
Limiting the scope to your current job might block you from telling a great story (e.g. significant challenge in your last role (challenge) which you conquered and got promoted for (achievement))

Just my two cents. :)
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Agreed,but hopefully within past 5 years.
Arro44 wrote:
taruns2000 wrote:

Please suggest.

My personal take on this would be to state your most significant challenge to date, regardless of your current position.
Limiting the scope to your current job might block you from telling a great story (e.g. significant challenge in your last role (challenge) which you conquered and got promoted for (achievement))

Just my two cents. :)

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Thanks Arro44 and MBAPrepCoach. It helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Anyone knows the decision date I.e. interview notification date for R1 application

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts