Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [12]
Given Kudos: 214
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [1]
Given Kudos: 381
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13387 [2]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants (2021 Intake, Class of 2022) [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
imSKR wrote:
The people who apply in 1st round can apply in another rounds as well with improved GMAT score ? or a person can only apply once in a year?

imSKR

One can apply only once a year. :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 381
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants (2021 Intake, Class of 2022) [#permalink]
GMATinsight wrote:
imSKR wrote:
The people who apply in 1st round can apply in another rounds as well with improved GMAT score ? or a person can only apply once in a year?

imSKR

Has Round 3 equal chances as in round 1 if the profile is same?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: IIMA PGPX "21
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
IIM A is allowing candidates to apply in all the rounds, with same profile(improved score). So i think IIMB should do the same.
GMATinsight - what is your source of information that a candidate can apply only once.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
imSKR wrote:
GMATinsight wrote:
imSKR wrote:

imSKR

The seats will fill up as move to further rounds and the number of seats available will become lesser and lesser. So, applying in Round 1 definitely has an advantage over Round 3, I guess.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 13387 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
imSKR wrote:
GMATinsight wrote:
imSKR wrote:

imSKR

History says that initial rounds have better chances than later however schools won't confirm the same because they do not want to disincline any candidate from applying in later rounds.

A simple example is that if in R-1 some candidate get waitlisted then the candidate's application is assessed against applicants of later rounds and possibility of conversion still remains alive but R-3 candidates don't get that opportunity.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 13387 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
RS81 wrote:
IIM A is allowing candidates to apply in all the rounds, with same profile(improved score). So i think IIMB should do the same.
GMATinsight - what is your source of information that a candidate can apply only once.

What is your source of information???

Attaching a screenshot from website of IIM A
Attachments

Screenshot_20200723-230646.jpg
Screenshot_20200723-230646.jpg [ 804.4 KiB | Viewed 11964 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: IIMA PGPX "21
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMATinsight - thats what i meant that a candidate can update GMAT score in all the rounds for IIM A.
is this true for IIMB as well?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
Kudos
Hi!

According to the admissions committee, the number of seats is uniform across all rounds. However, the competition level and the number of applicants increases in future rounds (R2 and R3).

If you have a ready GMAT score and a well structured application, try to apply in R1. However, remember, if you cannot make it in r1, you cannot apply again in r2 or r3

Regards,
Tridisha

imSKR wrote:
GMATinsight wrote:
imSKR wrote:

imSKR

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Send PM
IIM B allows you to apply only once a year (you cannot apply in subsequent rounds in you have applied in R1). Remember, if you cannot make it in r1, you cannot apply again in r2 or r3

Regards,
Tridisha

imSKR wrote:
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
#Upcoming Webinar#

On 29 July 2020, 6 PM IST

Register here: https://iimberpsrv.iimb.ernet.in/prod/szkepoh.sfshow

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi - suppose I submit my application in Round 1 with my current score, and get a better score in my attempt around Sept 03. Can I then send across my update GMAT Score report to IIMB for consideration? Will they be open to assessing my application in light of the (hopefully) improved score?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
KaumudiT wrote:
Hi - suppose I submit my application in Round 1 with my current score, and get a better score in my attempt around Sept 03. Can I then send across my update GMAT Score report to IIMB for consideration? Will they be open to assessing my application in light of the (hopefully) improved score?

I had the same question but they told that new score will not be considered. Only option is to apply in other rounds

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Okay, I have a 680 (V40, Q43) in hand and a non-engineering/ non-IT/ non-Commerce profile, with 4+ years of work ex.
Should I then apply for R1 with the 680?
Or apply in R2 with a hopefully better score? I don't expect the 'better' to go above 700-710.

I am just concerned that in R2/R3 the seats get limited. Is the expected (but not guaranteed) increase in score (from 680 to 710) worth waiting for R2?

Thank you!

Chethan92 wrote:
KaumudiT wrote:

I had the same question but they told that new score will not be considered. Only option is to apply in other rounds

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Send PM
Hi Kaumudi,

It is extremely difficult to answer this, but I will give it a shot.

I think you should first gauge your level of preparation and ability to spend more time studying for GMAT; if you can put in more efforts on GMAT prep, and are confident of increasing your score, you should definitely re-try GMAT and apply in future rounds.

However, if you are not confident and you strongly believe your profile is differentiated, you have certain points to compensate for the GMAT score, and a stellar application please go ahead and apply in R1.

The number of seats in R1 and R2 and almost the same, but the competition level differs. Hence, it is key you take a decision for yourself, irrespective of what others say.

You can PM me for further questions.

Regards,
Tridisha

KaumudiT wrote:
Okay, I have a 680 (V40, Q43) in hand and a non-engineering/ non-IT/ non-Commerce profile, with 4+ years of work ex.
Should I then apply for R1 with the 680?
Or apply in R2 with a hopefully better score? I don't expect the 'better' to go above 700-710.

I am just concerned that in R2/R3 the seats get limited. Is the expected (but not guaranteed) increase in score (from 680 to 710) worth waiting for R2?

Thank you!

Chethan92 wrote:
KaumudiT wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [1]
Send PM