Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:00 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [18]
Given Kudos: 122
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.52
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2023 Intake) Class of 2024 [#permalink]
rahrahrasputin wrote:
Hi
I'm a Product Manager working for an edtech company in Gurgaon.
I have 3 years of experience as a PM, having worked for early and mid-stage startups in fintech and edtech spaces.

I did BSc Physics Hons from Durham University in the UK, I didn't do too well, getting a 2:2, equivalent to a 3.1 GPA.
I took the GMAT last year and got a 710, Q: 46 V: 41. I'm planning on taking the exam again next month, I know I can improve on the Quant a lot more.

I'm planning on applying for 2023 intake, how do I fare with my experience and background and what could I add to my profile to make it stand out?

Thanks

Greetings,

I am an ISB Alum, CO15, and have been assisting applicants to get into global business schools since then.

A GMAT score of 710 is competitive enough but if you feel you can improve the score then go for it. Many aspects contribute to a strong application. I suggest you methodically build your profile and work towards making a well-rounded application. In your application essay, incorporate how this program will help you progress and achieve your goals and how this career path is best suited for you and your future endeavours. Also, mention your leadership roles and responsibilities you undertook, and the impact you have caused. Try including extracurricular
activities and hobbies you are passionate about apart from work.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
rahrahrasputin wrote:
Hi
I'm a Product Manager working for an edtech company in Gurgaon.
I have 3 years of experience as a PM, having worked for early and mid-stage startups in fintech and edtech spaces.

I did BSc Physics Hons from Durham University in the UK, I didn't do too well, getting a 2:2, equivalent to a 3.1 GPA.
I took the GMAT last year and got a 710, Q: 46 V: 41. I'm planning on taking the exam again next month, I know I can improve on the Quant a lot more.

I'm planning on applying for 2023 intake, how do I fare with my experience and background and what could I add to my profile to make it stand out?

Thanks

Hi rahrahrasputin (nice username!)

- Your background seems ok. What are your post-ISB goals?
- The GPA isn't a big concern here. While your GMAT is decent (710), go for the retake. If you get Q50 V41, that will translate to a 760. Given your educational background, you can aspire for a Q50.
- Your experience (quantity) is fine - you can apply this year as well if you so choose.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any reapplicants here? Had a few questions -

1. is it okay to completely change your goals in the new essay? 2. If you have the same recommendor, do they need to rewrite the diff Lor or can they use the same content? 3. Any other pointers for reapplicants?

Originally posted by soaringinthesky03 on 23 Jun 2022, 02:14.
Last edited by soaringinthesky03 on 23 Jun 2022, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
1. Yes, not an issue. Add about thus in the reapp essay. 2. You can have the same recomendor. Would be better to slightly change the answer to the 2nd questions. 3. You can share your previous app on manan.puri@strategy4gmat.com happy to review
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi
Can anyone please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for isb in August. My Gmat is scheduled in July end. Hopefully I’ll be able to score 710+.

Hi
Can anyone please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for isb in August. My Gmat is scheduled in July end. Hopefully I’ll be able to score 710+.

Education -

05/2016 - 06/2020 - Bachelor’s of Technology (B.Tech) - Information Technology

SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai

CGPA: 8.4 ( Around 87% )

Work Experience -

09/2020 - 02/2022 : Senior Analyst in CAPGEMINI
- Worked as a Salesforce Developer

Worked with client in Italy. Co-ordinated Use Case scenarios with development in Salesforce.

1.5 years of work-ex.(Until Feb 2022 - have resigned thereafter to prepare for my GMAT)

Certifications -

Salesforce Certified Administrator
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer 1
Copado Administrator

Working on taking some certifications related to leadership or consulting from Coursera.

Will be able to complete 2 certifications with ICPM Supervisor Professional certificate.

Extracurricular -

Committee Head of Aaruush - TECHNO Management Fest in College
- Participated Actively in organizing various events.
- Coordinated work in a project dedicated to raise awareness of need, applying strong leadership to enhance success.
- Developed a strong cooperative relationship with coworkers and managers.

( Could not provide any certificate regarding this )

Contributing with NGO - Working with Aashray NGO since past 1.5 years teaching rural students and conducting various workshops for different cause.

( Can get a strong LOR from here as well ).

Working as a Public Speaker motivating students in different govt schools

Writing valuable content on different niche on blog sites.

Participated in Plogging events with AIESEC.

Accomplishments -

Certificate of Appreciation ( Head Speaker ) - Placement talk on “Shape your Future” in my college last year.

Mini Olympics
- Silver Medalist in Foosball ( Table Soccer ).

Interests/Hobbies -

Problem Solving
Content Writing
Motivational Speaking
Traveling
Fitness and Nutrition
Art and Painting

Add on- Currently I am leading CRM team in a startup - Nano Cloud Solutions Pvt Ltd. Also learning about how businesses work tackling various challenges ( Will be having workex of 28 months as of march 2023 )

Do you think getting a 710+ and good essay will help me secure ISB?🤔

Originally posted by Pranavg0113 on 23 Jun 2022, 02:44.
Last edited by Pranavg0113 on 23 Jun 2022, 02:51, edited 3 times in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
soaringinthesky03 wrote:
Any reapplicants here? Had a few questions -

1. is it okay to completely change your goals in the new essay? 2. If you have the same recommendor, do they need to rewrite the diff Lor or can they use the same content? 3. Any other pointers for reapplicants?

Hi soaringinthesky03

Go through this article to get answers to these queries.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Pranavg0113 wrote:
Hi

Hi

Education -

Work Experience -

Worked with client in Italy. Co-ordinated Use Case scenarios with development in Salesforce.

1.5 years of work-ex.(Until Feb 2022 - have resigned thereafter to prepare for my GMAT)

Certifications -

Copado Administrator

Working on taking some certifications related to leadership or consulting from Coursera.

Will be able to complete 2 certifications with ICPM Supervisor Professional certificate.

Extracurricular -

- Coordinated work in a project dedicated to raise awareness of need, applying strong leadership to enhance success.

Contributing with NGO - Working with Aashray NGO since past 1.5 years teaching rural students and conducting various workshops for different cause.

Accomplishments -

Certificate of Appreciation ( Head Speaker ) - Placement talk on “Shape your Future” in my college last year.

Mini Olympics

Interests/Hobbies -

Problem Solving
Content Writing
Motivational Speaking
Traveling
Fitness and Nutrition
Art and Painting

Add on- Currently I am leading CRM team in a startup - Nano Cloud Solutions Pvt Ltd. Also learning about how businesses work tackling various challenges ( Will be having workex of 28 months as of march 2023 )

Hi Pranavg0113

You should try and get back into a job. Not being in a full-time role can be a negative at the time of application, especially given that you have ~1.5 years of experience so far. This is a factor even if you are an EEO applicant.

Other than that, your GPA is good, and your work at Capgemini seems ok. If you can get 720+ on the GMAT that will help your chances further, and that is what you should aim for.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
Pranavg0113 wrote:
Hi

Hi

Education -

Work Experience -

Certifications -

Copado Administrator

Extracurricular -

Accomplishments -

Mini Olympics

Interests/Hobbies -

Problem Solving
Content Writing
Motivational Speaking
Traveling
Fitness and Nutrition
Art and Painting

Hi Pranavg0113

You should try and get back into a job. Not being in a full-time role can be a negative at the time of application, especially given that you have ~1.5 years of experience so far. This is a factor even if you are an EEO applicant.

Other than that, your GPA is good, and your work at Capgemini seems ok. If you can get 720+ on the GMAT that will help your chances further, and that is what you should aim for.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Sorry I didn't mention it with my Capgemini workex.
But as I mentioned in the last para I am currently working full time in a startup. So will it still be a negative?
If we can justify my switch to a startup, am I good to go?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Hi all, please evaluate my profile for ISB. I am planning to apply in the first round. I have a GMAT score of Educational Background: B.Tech (CSE) 7.68 GPA; 12th Standard 88%; 10th Standard 10.00 GPA Work experience: 3 years in Product Management- 1.5 years of B2B, 1 year in a startup and currently working as a APM in PhonePe. Extracurricular: organized a volunteering organization in college for mental health; organized TEDx for my institute; have been a winner of various storytelling and debate competitions

umab1602 wrote:
Hi all, please evaluate my profile for ISB. I am planning to apply in the first round. I have a GMAT score of Educational Background: B.Tech (CSE) 7.68 GPA; 12th Standard 88%; 10th Standard 10.00 GPA Work experience: 3 years in Product Management- 1.5 years of B2B, 1 year in a startup and currently working as a APM in PhonePe. Extracurricular: organized a volunteering organization in college for mental health; organized TEDx for my institute; have been a winner of various storytelling and debate competitions
I wanted to add my post MBA goals: Immediate Goal is Strategy Consulting Long Term Goal is Entrepreneurship in a technical domain Please evaluate my profile and also suggest if I should retake my GMAT as I think that I can improve my score by 20-30 points.

Originally posted by umab1602 on 23 Jun 2022, 06:02.
Last edited by umab1602 on 23 Jun 2022, 06:09, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
umab1602 wrote:
Hi everyone,

umab1602 wrote:
I wanted to add my post MBA goals: Immediate Goal is Strategy Consulting Long Term Goal is Entrepreneurship in a technical domain Please evaluate my profile and also suggest if I should retake my GMAT as I think that I can improve my score by 20-30 points.

Greetings,

I am an ISB Alum, CO15, and have been assisting applicants to get into global business schools since then.

You should target a GMAT score of at least 710+ to make your application strong for ISB (you missed mentioning your GMAT Score). In your application essay, incorporate how this program will help you progress and achieve your goals and how this career path is best suited for you and your future endeavours. Also, mention your leadership roles and responsibilities, and the impact you have caused. Try including extracurricular activities and hobbies you are passionate about apart from work.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Pranavg0113 wrote:
Hi

Hi

Education -

Work Experience -

Certifications -

Copado Administrator

Extracurricular -

Accomplishments -

Mini Olympics

Interests/Hobbies -

Problem Solving
Content Writing
Motivational Speaking
Traveling
Fitness and Nutrition
Art and Painting

Greetings,

A GMAT score of 710 or above is good enough to make your application strong for ISB. Don't worry about working in a startup, it is not a drawback. Try to focus more on the impacts and outcomes of your projects and activities.
In your application essay, incorporate how this program will help you progress and achieve your goals and how this career path is best suited for you and your future endeavours. Also, mention your leadership roles and responsibilities, and the impact you have caused. Include all the extracurricular activities and hobbies that you mentioned here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
Send PM
umab1602 wrote:
Hi all, please evaluate my profile for ISB. I am planning to apply in the first round. I have a GMAT score of 710 Educational Background: B.Tech (CSE) 7.68 GPA; 12th Standard 88%; 10th Standard 10.00 GPA Work experience: 3 years in Product Management- 1.5 years of B2B, 1 year in a startup and currently working as a APM in PhonePe. Extracurricular: organized a volunteering organization in college for mental health; organized TEDx for my institute; have been a winner of various storytelling and debate competitions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hey, I’m yet to take my GMAT. Aiming for a 720+(seems possible). My GPA is 8.4/10 in engineering. Worked in a creative startup for 8 years and lead the product and strategy team right now. Started a side business to help a few people who lost their jobs during the pandemic. Played nationals in chess during my school days. Admin and organiser of the hyderabad boardgaming club since the last 4 years. Volunteered with multiple ngos since my college days. Long term goal is to start a creative for-profit socially responsible retail brand.

Short term goal is to work with an e-commerce company and understand the supplychain logistics part of it. What are my chances at isb?

Originally posted by layakeerthi on 23 Jun 2022, 10:21.
Last edited by layakeerthi on 23 Jun 2022, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Send PM