Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:02 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [2]
Given Kudos: 222
GPA: 3
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [3]
Given Kudos: 20
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Sustainability
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Re: Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale [#permalink]
Anyone knows the application dates for executive MBA program?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale [#permalink]
Expert Reply
webster7 wrote:
Please let me know if I can be of any help during the application process. I haven't even started school yet and have been amazed by my experience with Yale so far.

Congrats Webster and thank you for visiting the thread! Did you get a chance to attend their admit weekend? If so, how was your experience? Applicants may also want to know which factors you think played a key role in your success.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
TonySko wrote:
Anyone knows the application dates for executive MBA program?

Posted from my mobile device

EMBA deadlines are posted here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/yale-som-202 ... l#p2316013

Do you want to start a separate thread for EMBA applicants? If so, I can provide you any help you want.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
webster7 wrote:
Please let me know if I can be of any help during the application process. I haven't even started school yet and have been amazed by my experience with Yale so far.

Congrats Webster and thank you for visiting the thread! Did you get a chance to attend their admit weekend? If so, how was your experience? Applicants may also want to know which factors you think played a key role in your success.

I attended R2 admit weekend even though I applied for R1 and had already accepted. I did interview on campus and this is what made me decide to enroll.
There were 3 reasons for joining Yale's MBA program at a high opportunity cost:
1. The people are just amazing
2. The program is very flexible
3. The entrepreneurship resources are top notch

I think I got accepted because of my high GPA, strong test scores, relevant extra-curricular activities while working, and a strong track of progression in my career. I don't think my application itself made a big difference. My profile helped me in my case. I already knew what I wanted to get out of the program.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
webster7 wrote:
I attended R2 admit weekend even though I applied for R1 and had already accepted. I did interview on campus and this is what made me decide to enroll.

I think I got accepted because of my high GPA, strong test scores, relevant extra-curricular activities while working, and a strong track of progression in my career. I don't think my application itself made a big difference. My profile helped me in my case. I already knew what I wanted to get out of the program.

This is helpful! Thanks very much.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
webster7 so excited you had a good experience. Based on what you discovered during admit weekend, how are the people amazing, and how are the entrepreneurship resources top-notch? What are you recruiting for? Your insights might spur something for those on this thread to help with some aspect of the application process.

webster7 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
webster7 wrote:

Send PM
Expert Reply
Posting the recording from the online seminar from last week. Worth watching; good information about what separates Yale.

However warning: they talk faster than auctioneers so slow down the playback speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwf4ybvsWY&feature=youtu.be
Send PM
Expert Reply
Regarding the commitment essay. Please keep in mind, many are tempted to be truthful in their response here by saying, "my marriage."

But you want to make sure that your response demonstrates leadership, as well as a commitment.

Yale is very big on this leaders for business and society mantra and they want to attract people of integrity. So if you can provide an example that demonstrates both integrity and leadership, in the form of a commitment, that is a gold mine.

Not everyone can, and that is fine. I'm posting one such sample essay here; she did speak to a social issue, and helped us get to know her as a person. We are on her side by the end of the essay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lj6w7hoy64d18l/Yale%20Sample.pdf?dl=0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Hi All

I have submitted my application for Yale SOM. As a next step it is required for the applicants to answer a few video questions via Skype. I was wondering, if anyone knows what kind of questions are asked in this process. I'll really appreciate your help, if you can share your experiences.

Regards
KG
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q41 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Kudos