GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Mar 2020, 04:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 03:49
JTdaniel wrote:

That's not entirely accurate. YSOM's R2 and R1 are usually evenly split, but at Ross, for example, R2 is the biggest round (They quite openly reveal this in their info webinars).

While application volume might be down everywhere, it is also possible that this year might see a modest improvement. Anecdotally, a lot of people I know are applying purely after noticing the dramatic increase in acceptance rates at big names like Tuck.

It really remains to be seen though. Perhaps more people are applying because it's easier (by acceptance rates due to lower applications all across the board) to get in, or that schools have started offering STEM certifications to combat the visa issues, etc but the downward trend could still continue because of a supposedly good economy and vitriol against international/foreign students is still too strong to compensate. Will have to see when the numbers get reported in 8 months. I personally hope it's the latter because I wanna get innnnnnnnnn haha
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 09:51
thomkatt wrote:
I was on an on campus info session and they said they havent gotten through a MAJORITY of applications yet. So sit tight everyone! She told me to essentially wait, possibly all the way to decision day. She mentioned it's the most applications as well, so pretty competitive. They want to make sure they're making an informed decision. Doesn't bode well for us R2 applicants

When was the info session? Recently?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 12:13
last thursday
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 15:43
I find it curious why one of my clients with an HBS invite has not yet heard from SOM. Anyone else get an HBS invite but no word from SOM?

Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.46
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 19:01
They could in theory have different criteria for who they are looking for right? In other words, what makes you say getting an invite from HBS means you would expect an invite from SOM?

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I find it curious why one of my clients with an HBS invite has not yet heard from SOM. Anyone else get an HBS invite but no word from SOM?

INSEAD School Moderator
V
Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 20:26
It's actually not very likely that they have different criteria. All programs are looking for people who are vetted and they have leadership teamwork and problem-solving skills that have been demonstrated. The one thing about Yale would be the fit factor. In terms of a social justice orientation...yet HBS is more and more focusing on global leader with a conscience. On the other hand, Yale knows that someone who's really committed to a non-profity triple bottom liney goal would be more likely to choose Yale back...ie better yield.. I guess that would be the only material difference. It could be a potential explanation. So either not a good enough fit with goals or they don't think they could get him. We will see. There's still time yet.

TheRealFT wrote:
They could in theory have different criteria for who they are looking for right? In other words, what makes you say getting an invite from HBS means you would expect an invite from SOM?

MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 06:35
Anyone know what the cutoff date is for interviews?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.46
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 17:11
Officially their website says they can invite for interviews up until final decision deadline (March 24th)
However I have read somewhere that they typically take ~8 weeks, so if you applied on R2 deadline (Jan 7th), you should expect interview by March 3rd. Can't find the link for this 8 week target though so don't quote me on it.

tubby123 wrote:
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 18:04
Applied via consortium and received an invite today.

INSEAD School Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 07:55
tubby123 for what it's worth, people reported receiving invites as late as Feb 22 last year per Clear Admit livewire.

tubby123 wrote:

Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 2.97

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 08:02
TheRealFT wrote:
Officially their website says they can invite for interviews up until final decision deadline (March 24th)
However I have read somewhere that they typically take ~8 weeks, so if you applied on R2 deadline (Jan 7th), you should expect interview by March 3rd. Can't find the link for this 8 week target though so don't quote me on it.

tubby123 wrote:

You’re thinking of the portal haha - that’s where it says they aim to get back to us within 8 weeks

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q40 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.84
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 08:15
HBS intentionally targets an early date in the process for inviting applicants to an interview or releasing them. SOM does not. It's two entirely different processes. Yale has also not rejected anyone from R2 yet, whereas there have been several thousand HBS R2 applicants who have been rejected. Based on ClearAdmit and GMATClub, there haven't been many Yale SOM invites sent out yet, but we are also only about one month past the application deadline.

MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 08:23
Does Yale send rejections prior to their final decision date if you don't get an interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 15:30
If you had to make an educated guess, what percentage of applicants who interview end up getting accepted?

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Darden '22 (II)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 16:07
EverythingNice wrote:
If you had to make an educated guess, what percentage of applicants who interview end up getting accepted?

One of the admissions Officer said on a visit to the school that they typically invite about 50% of applicants to interview then about 50% of the interviewees will get admitted.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2020, 18:10
Hi all, saw something interesting in a P&Q interview today. In September, Bruce DelMonico said that they typically interview approximately 25% of the applicants. Does anyone else think that sounds like a low amount, considering their acceptance rate? E.g. if they only admitted 20% of total applicants, they'd be taking 80% of people they interview.

Certainly will take that as a good thing since I interviewed, but it was surprising to see.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2020, 18:17
MBBApplicant wrote:
Hi all, saw something interesting in a P&Q interview today. In September, Bruce DelMonico said that they typically interview approximately 25% of the applicants. Does anyone else think that sounds like a low amount, considering their acceptance rate? E.g. if they only admitted 20% of total applicants, they'd be taking 80% of people they interview.

Certainly will take that as a good thing since I interviewed, but it was surprising to see.

I think you read the interview wrong. They had a 25% acceptance rate for 2019. Thus it is impossible to only interview 25% of total applicants.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2020, 18:21
MBAVet25 wrote:
MBBApplicant wrote:

I think you read the interview wrong. They had a 25% acceptance rate for 2019. Thus it is impossible to only interview 25% of total applicants.

It was actually a ClearAdmit article, but he really did say they interview 25%. See about 3/4 of the way down the interview: https://www.clearadmit.com/2019/09/admi ... anagement/
Intern
Intern
B
Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2020, 18:38
MBBApplicant wrote:
MBAVet25 wrote:
MBBApplicant wrote:

It was actually a ClearAdmit article, but he really did say they interview 25%. See about 3/4 of the way down the interview: https://www.clearadmit.com/2019/09/admi ... anagement/

Hmm that doesn’t make much sense. Maybe he misspoke. Here’s another article by PQ and the stats are pretty clear. Interviewing only 25% of applicants would be impossible for them.

https://poetsandquants.com/2019/08/26/y ... chool-news

Also, I went to a Yale admissions event a few months ago and the admissions Officer said herself they typically extend interview invites to about 50% of the applicant pool. However, with how much applications have been declining, I wouldn’t be surprised if that number were up closer to 60% this year, with a 30% acceptance rate.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2020, 18:41
MBAVet25 wrote:

Also, I went to a Yale admissions event a few months ago and the admissions Officer said herself they typically extend interview invites to about 50% of the applicant pool. However, with how much applications have been declining, I wouldn’t be surprised if that number were up closer to 60% this year, with a 30% acceptance rate.

"However, with how much applications have been declining" where did you get that?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2020, 18:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 206 posts ] 

Calling All Yale SOM MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022) :Yale

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sharathnair14