Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [4]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [7]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [4]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
I just posted some input and caveats re: letters of recommendation in the HBS thread on a new topic, encourage you all to check it out.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/letter-of-recommendation-300890.html?fl=notifications#p2323943
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Calling all class of 2021 HBS admits: Would you like to give any advice/application tips to new applicants? Anything that you learned while going through the application process which you want to share with new applicants? Thanks in advance!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Please join me in welcoming sroy4 as the new HBS Forum Moderator.
You may know sroy4 based on their epic 780 debrief (a retake from a 720). If anyone has any suggestions or ideas what they would like to see in this discussion or in the HBS forum in terms of data points or stats, please feel free to suggest it here.

And good luck to everyone getting ready for the Sept 4th Submission!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats sroy4! It's great to have you in MBA discussions and leading the HBS forum. Good luck for the applications this season.

bb wrote:
Please join me in welcoming sroy4 as the new HBS Forum Moderator.
You may know sroy4 based on their epic 780 debrief (a retake from a 720). If anyone has any suggestions or ideas what they would like to see in this discussion or in the HBS forum in terms of data points or stats, please feel free to suggest it here.

And good luck to everyone getting ready for the Sept 4th Submission!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Last 9 days left to submit R1 apps. I see a handful of application submission reports on the tracker. Those who are yet to submit, do post any queries or updates on this thread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
Send PM
Just putting the final touches on my app. Having started a few other applications it seems like HBS is the easiest in terms of what they ask from you. Pretty sure that I will be a long shot but it does seem like there is a bit of luck involved in getting an interview so you never know. I think its pretty easy to fall victim to imposter syndrome completing these applications and seeing some of the people who have gotten denied in previous years. Anyway good luck to all, I am definitely looking forward to putting the application process behind me, it is so much worse than studying for the GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Hi Everyone - I'm doing some final checks on my application proof and was surprised to see that a score I got >5 years ago was still appearing on the app and in the proof.

I don't have the option to delete this score, but I have NOT chosen "I wish to share this score with the admissions board" (see all the photos below).

I just want to confirm the score from 2013 (1) is indeed expired and (2) will not be seen by admission in this round (meaning they will only see the 760).

Thanks!

EDIT: I did apply for 2+2 several years ago, which is why I took the GMAT the first time in 2013.
Attachments

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 14.62 KiB | Viewed 48114 times ]

Picture1.png
Picture1.png [ 162.88 KiB | Viewed 48200 times ]

Originally posted by CupOfWater on 02 Sep 2019, 15:47.
Last edited by CupOfWater on 02 Sep 2019, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
CupOfWater wrote:
Hi Everyone - I'm doing some final checks on my application proof and was surprised to see that a score I got >5 years ago was still appearing on the app and in the proof.

I don't have the option to delete this score, but I have NOT chosen "I wish to share this score with the admissions board" (see all the photos below).

I just want to confirm the score from 2013 (1) is indeed expired and (2) will not be seen by admission in this round (meaning they will only see the 760).

Very interesting. Are these screenshots from your school/other application or are they from your MBA.com account?

According to GMAC, only scores less than five years old (unexpired) can be reported. However, scores from the last ten years are still available with them.

For assurance, please try contacting them directly.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Hovkial wrote:
CupOfWater wrote:

Very interesting. Are these screenshots from your school/other application or are they from your MBA.com account?

According to GMAC, only scores less than five years old (unexpired) can be reported. However, scores from the last ten years are still available with them.

For assurance, please try contacting them directly.

These are photos from my HBS app.

I would note that I applied for 2+2 several years ago, which is why I took the test the first time. Perhaps it's just legacy from that application?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [1]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Kudos
CupOfWater wrote:

These are photos from my HBS app.

I would note that I applied for 2+2 several years ago, which is why I took the test the first time. Perhaps it's just legacy from that application?

That explains. This is legacy material from the previous applications.

You can request the school to either delete the material or have them not consider it. The school should normally oblige. Generally, schools have policies on retention of previous materials. You would need to check with them. However, I can't recall cases where such older materials are retained.

An aside: If you haven't already done so, perhaps you could post a debrief of your test experience(s). Readers here will benefit. GL on your apps!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: HBS '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Anyone know when interview decisions are made / when people are alerted? It is usually about a month post application, right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
HarvardHopeful20 wrote:
Anyone know when interview decisions are made / when people are alerted? It is usually about a month post application, right?

The confirmation email says that applicants will be notified if they’re moving forward or not in October. Based on previous posts, it seems like HBS sends notifications the first week of October.

Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
In past years the Admissions Director posted the dates on their blog. I expect this will happen any day now.

https://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/Page ... ector.aspx

Last year the notifications came out Oct 1 (75%) and Oct 4 (the rest of invites ... and all dings).

HarvardHopeful20 wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Given that we haven't heard anything regarding the date of interview invites, do people think it is likely to still be the first week in October?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: HBS '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Marger wrote:
Given that we haven't heard anything regarding the date of interview invites, do people think it is likely to still be the first week in October?

My friends at HBS looked and said they heard next steps on September 18 last year. We aren't too far off that date so there's still a chance it's the first week of October like last year. Really no predicting these things though.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Last year they posted the interview invite dates on September 18, so I still expect them to announce the dates soon and that they would still likely be in early October. But I guess we shall soon see!

Marger wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Thanks! Last year they were released on the 1st so I was hoping for Monday the 30th this year given that the submission date was a day earlier. I was also thinking that it might just be the first Monday in October which would be the 7th.

Of course if I had any patience this wouldn't matter!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts