Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:16 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [4]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
I'm a re-applicant to Wharton and I noticed that they require two recommendations again.
While this would not be a problem I recently changed jobs and one of my old recommenders was not too happy and my current job is too new to ask for a recent supervisor.
Can I ask another previous supervisor along with an old recommender for the letters?
Any advice?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Yes -- I think this would be fine.

isasda66 wrote:
I'm a re-applicant to Wharton and I noticed that they require two recommendations again.
While this would not be a problem I recently changed jobs and one of my old recommenders was not too happy and my current job is too new to ask for a recent supervisor.
Can I ask another previous supervisor along with an old recommender for the letters?
Any advice?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
isasda66 If you are on the board of a nonprofit or have demonstrated leadership in organizations outside of work, consider asking someone there. It gives your application a more well rounded appeal and shows a "habit of leadership" in the words of HBS.

isasda66 wrote:
Any advice?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
I am excited to announce that tanmay1392 will be the Wharton moderator and lead this discussion.

He is applying to Wharton and a few other schools this year. We look forward to seeing new initiatives being taken by him for the prospective Wharton applicants.

Please join me in welcoming the new Wharton Class of 2022 moderator! :)

tanmay1392 Please introduce yourself when you get a chance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Welcome! I am looking forward to finishing up my application soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GRE 1: Q170 V164
Send PM
Hey guys!

I am an Engineer from India, with an Indian MBA equivalent and ~5 years of experience. I have scaled a few Indian Tech Startups and wish to transition into a PM role, with a long term goal to get into growth mentorship.

How many applicants already with an MBA or equivalent this year? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GRE 1: Q170 V164
Send PM
Joe7149 wrote:
Welcome! I am looking forward to finishing up my application soon!

Joe7149 Submitted?
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
tanmay1392 wrote:
Hey guys!

I am an Engineer from India, with an Indian MBA equivalent and ~5 years of experience. I have scaled a few Indian Tech Startups and wish to transition into a PM role, with a long term goal to get into growth mentorship.

How many applicants already with an MBA or equivalent this year? :)

Did PM for Apple this summer albeit not from Wharton. Post here if you have questions.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: LBS '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for Wharton MBA applicants 2020 Intake ?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
KRATIJAIN91 wrote:
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for Wharton MBA applicants 2020 Intake ?

KRATIJAIN91

There is no such https://gmatclub.com/chat group. However, we are thinking of organizing weekly chat sessions with all prospective applicants. How many of you would be interested to participate in such a chat session?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Schools: LBS '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Kudos
workout wrote:
KRATIJAIN91 wrote:

KRATIJAIN91

There is no such https://gmatclub.com/chat group. However, we are thinking of organizing weekly chat sessions with all prospective applicants. How many of you would be interested to participate in such a chat session?

I would be interested in it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
Do international students who completed their undergraduate degree in the US require a TOEFL?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
The guidelines used to be that if you earned your degree at an institution that taught in English that you didn't need the TOEFL. However, I would the instructions on the app to be sure.

chimpscampi91 wrote:
Do international students who completed their undergraduate degree in the US require a TOEFL?
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
One very unique aspect of the Wharton MBA application process is the Group Interview. Should a candidate be selected for an interview, the first part will seem very similar to other schools (1:1 or 2:1 interview with the candidate and 1 or 2 members of either the second-year class or the AdCom). The second part will likely seem VERY different from any other business school interview or job interview. That's because it's a GROUP interview. The candidate will be in a group of 6 or so other MBA hopefuls and they will all be interviewing AT THE SAME TIME during a pretty forced discussion driven by one of several prompts that will be emailed to interviewed candidates prior to the interview.

This interview can go a lot of different ways, depending on who else is in the room and the dynamic among the interviewees. Candidates need to make sure they don't "peacock" and hog the floor but they also must insure that they aren't a shy wallflower who doesn't speak ENOUGH. They need to articulate that they can be critical of an idea without being negative towards a person. They also need to show maturity when somebody (who may be a shark / peacock) shows negative feedback towards them. Many second years who run the group interview have said that they use the group interview to weed out jerks - so make sure that you don't behave like one!

One thing you CAN'T MESS UP is how you prepare for the prompt. How you prepare for the given list of prompts is the ONE THING that you do have 100% control over. Make sure that you have insightful things to say about ALL the prompts (since you won't know which one they will choose until the interview day). You need to make sure that you REALLY DO YOUR HOMEWORK about Wharton so that you can say something insightful and unique that won't be repeated over and over again when going around the circle. Since each candidate will be asked to present their "big idea" at the start of the interview, you don't want to be saying the same thing as everybody else, especially if you are the unfortunate person who has to go last. Many applicants have found talking to Wharton alums to be especially helpful when preparing for this interview.

If an application strategy consultant may be helpful to you during your MBA application journey and in talking about the Wharton group interview process in particular, free free to reach out via the link below. https://admissionado.com/free-consultat ... sultation/ and we’ll get into it. Oh and take your time and really sink into the request form, the more stuff you say about your profile, the meatier the chat.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Send PM
workout wrote:
KRATIJAIN91 wrote:

KRATIJAIN91

I would be interested

Posted from my mobile device
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Two weeks to interview invites! How are we feeling?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
Have a friend who's also applied to Wharton and he mentioned that BOTH her recommenders got emails from Wharton thanking them personally for the great recommendation they wrote for her. I haven't spoken to my recommenders about this - but wondering if any one else has heard about this? I'm hoping that it's just an automated email that gets sent out to ALL recommenders.

(I should also flag, there is a remote possibility that my friend just fabricated this story to wind me up... she can be like that some times..)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts