GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2019, 03:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2019, 02:12
I am planning on to apply for Wharton MBA program Round 2 and had few queries regarding what is the proof that Admission team is expecting to waive of TOEFL score. I have done B.Tech in an Indian Institute with English as medium of Instruction.
Do I still need to submit TOEFL score?
Thanks in anticipation of a quick response.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2019, 23:04
Sweety99 wrote:
I am planning on to apply for Wharton MBA program Round 2 and had few queries regarding what is the proof that Admission team is expecting to waive of TOEFL score. I have done B.Tech in an Indian Institute with English as medium of Instruction.
Do I still need to submit TOEFL score?
Thanks in anticipation of a quick response.

A similar query has been answered here https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2365668

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Wharton Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 12:36
Hello everyone, just a little under 3 weeks left till decision time. How does everyone feel?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton '22 (I)
Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 23:40
xprometheusx wrote:
Hello everyone, just a little under 3 weeks left till decision time. How does everyone feel?

Uncertain! Nervous about the result but eager to find out at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 21:14
Hi Sweety99,

It sounds like you're fine without taking the TOEFL since you did your bachelor's at a university where English was the language of instruction. Below is the verbatim guidance from the Wharton MBA admissions website:

"All international applicants whose native language (language first learned and spoken at home) is not English, or who did not complete a degree from an institution where English was the language of instruction, are required to take the TOEFL or PTE. If you earned a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an institution at which English is the language of instruction, the test may be waived."

Best,

Doris
Wharton Moderator
B
Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 12:57
Hello all you happy Wharton people. For those of you who are waiting for R1 decisions, we are officially one week away. See below for official timeline.

"All Round 1 decisions will be released on Wednesday, December 18th between 9:00am - 5:00pm EST."

For those who are here and want to chat to pass the time or find those to commiserate with or cheer those who got in, I welcome you to join the chatroom linked below.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat4.php?fl=menu

Best of luck to all, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Haas '22 (A$)

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 05:21
Question for anyone who might have some insight. I was accepted to Haas with a 2/3 tuition scholarship.

If I’m fortunate enough to get into Wharton next week, and don’t get a scholarship, can I tell them I’ve received one at another program to see if they’d match? If so, when would be an appropriate time to bring this up?

Thanks! This may end up not being an issue but I want to be prepared just in case.

Posted from my mobile device
Wharton Moderator
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 08:16
Acohen04 wrote:
Question for anyone who might have some insight. I was accepted to Haas with a 2/3 tuition scholarship.

If I’m fortunate enough to get into Wharton next week, and don’t get a scholarship, can I tell them I’ve received one at another program to see if they’d match? If so, when would be an appropriate time to bring this up?

Thanks! This may end up not being an issue but I want to be prepared just in case.

Interested to hear someone chime in on this issue also. Maybe one of the admissions consultants? I personally wouldn't ask until you have the official letter in hand not just the acceptance call, and would give it a few days to let things calm down before broaching the subject.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 08:40
We just had an internal discussion about this ...

Yes, it makes sense to try and see if you could get money from Wharton if you get in.

However, we do not recommend doing this right away, as it will come off negatively (ungrateful, aggressive, etc). We recommend trying to do a few other things in the coming weeks to show your interest in Wharton and then approach them about a week after the new year. It's a fine line between asking too soon and coming off badly, but waiting too long and then funds may run out. But personally I don't think you need to worry too much about that since Round 2 isn't done yet and clearly they would be planning out needing funds for R2 accepters.

Hope that helps!
xprometheusx wrote:
Acohen04 wrote:

Interested to hear someone chime in on this issue also. Maybe one of the admissions consultants? I personally wouldn't ask until you have the official letter in hand not just the acceptance call, and would give it a few days to let things calm down before broaching the subject.

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Wharton Moderator
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 08:44
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
We just had an internal discussion about this ...

Yes, it makes sense to try and see if you could get money from Wharton if you get in.

However, we do not recommend doing this right away, as it will come off negatively (ungrateful, aggressive, etc). We recommend trying to do a few other things in the coming weeks to show your interest in Wharton and then approach them about a week after the new year. It's a fine line between asking too soon and coming off badly, but waiting too long and then funds may run out. But personally I don't think you need to worry too much about that since Round 2 isn't done yet and clearly they would be planning out needing funds for R2 accepters.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for chiming in Erika. Really appreciate hearing your thoughts. Would be a great situation to be in to even be able to ask if they would consider so fingers crossed everyone.

Follow-up question. I assume schools will ask who else you got the offer from in order to gauge how likely you really would be to choose someone else over them? AKA someone with Harvard in the bag they are more likely to try to woo you away vs T25 (great schools just trying to do a reasonable spread)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2019, 08:44

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 90 posts ] 

Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx