GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 00:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2019, 12:30
Wharton DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, just now, from United States, GMAT:750, heard via: email
  • Denied, 3 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 48 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q51 V39), GPA: 3.33, Industry: Other, WE 66, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 50 minutes ago, from Uganda, GMAT:710 (Q48 V40), heard via: email
  • Denied, 52 minutes ago, from Colombia, GMAT:730, Industry: Other, WE 4, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
B
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 08:35
Congrats to everyone that received an interview invite! Please PM me if anyone is interested in a mock TBD:)
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 10:48

I am pleased to announce that we have been able to expand our YouTube Mock Interviews initiative to include a Wharton Team Based Discussion. We have one scheduled with 5 spots available for November 9th. It will be moderated by Maria (HBS Alum - sorry, we could not find a Wharton person) from ApplicantLab who will be guiding it and providing feedback at the end. This session will be done remotely via video and broadcast on YouTube! That means you will be able to reply it later and also other people can watch it to understand what it entails and what is involved. If you are interested in participating - please sign up!

Date: Saturday Nov 9, 2019
Time: 8 AM Pacific US Time Zone
Format: Up to 5 people and a moderator (conducted by Maria from Applicant Lab)
Contact us at support@gmatclub.com if you have questions Please sign up here if you are interested.

Please reply here if you have questions :thumbup:
V
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 13:07
Please join me in welcoming xprometheusx as the new Wharton School Moderator!

As some of you may already know, xprometheusx receive an interview invite from Wharton and already has an admit from Columbia under their belt. Please join me in wishing the best to xprometheusx in their applications and their new role and also wishing the best to the Wharton applicants!

Good Luck!
BB, Founder of GMAT Club.
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 16:15
Anybody here doing one of the first two TBD dates?

If so, and if you are comfortable doing so, could you provide an interview debrief or high level thoughts on the TBD.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 07:18
bb wrote:

I am pleased to announce that we have been able to expand our YouTube Mock Interviews initiative to include a Wharton Team Based Discussion. We have one scheduled with 5 spots available for November 9th. It will be moderated by Maria (HBS Alum - sorry, we could not find a Wharton person) from ApplicantLab who will be guiding it and providing feedback at the end. This session will be done remotely via video and broadcast on YouTube! That means you will be able to reply it later and also other people can watch it to understand what it entails and what is involved. If you are interested in participating - please sign up!

Date: Saturday Nov 9, 2019
Contact us at support@gmatclub.com if you have questions Please sign up here if you are interested.

Please reply here if you have questions :thumbup:

Hello, is this still happening? Will it be broadcasted live? :) Thank you!
Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 07:56
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 08:07
socialgood wrote:
Hello, is this still happening? Will it be broadcasted live? :) Thank you!

Hi Yes. It will start on YouTube in about 40 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKRFl-zP1SM

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 09:05
The TBD YouTube Live Session is on!

GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 16:00
How did everyone's practice TBD turn out? Did you learn anything different vs what the youtube mock TBD showed?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Duke '22 (S)

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 09:31
Hi guys,

Wharton application asks for 'How many times have you taken the GMAT test?', do you have to mention your cancelled score as well in this? If so, does it have a negative effect on your application if you have 1 accepted and 1 cancelled score?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2019, 10:02
adiang wrote:
Hi guys,

Wharton application asks for 'How many times have you taken the GMAT test?', do you have to mention your cancelled score as well in this? If so, does it have a negative effect on your application if you have 1 accepted and 1 cancelled score?

No, you don’t have to report cancelled scores. Thats the whole point of cancelling the score—it’s as if the test never happened (except for the exam fee and time spent taking the test). The GMAT won’t report that you cancelled a score.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Wharton '22 (II)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 09:14
Hey guys!
Haven't seen any new debriefs. How did the TBD's go for you all?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton '22 (I)

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 00:22
Hi,

Just wondering if working in a well-known/feeder company is very important for admission at Wharton. I have been living outside of the United States and have been working for corporations in my home country. The companies are sizable in China but I think relatively unknown in the States. Just a bit worried that it would be a dent on my profile.

Thank you all.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Sloan '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 19:29
Hi - do we know if Wharton's word count for recommenders (300 words) is a strict limit, or if the 7500 character limit is the only real limit? My recommender just asked me this today.

Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 19:46
hahaxixi007 wrote:
Hi,

Just wondering if working in a well-known/feeder company is very important for admission at Wharton. I have been living outside of the United States and have been working for corporations in my home country. The companies are sizable in China but I think relatively unknown in the States. Just a bit worried that it would be a dent on my profile.

Thank you all.

Hi there,

It's not a deal-breaker and don't think of it as a dent. Wharton understands that not everyone will be able to work for internationally-known companies. 30% of Wharton MBA class is international students so it's not possible that all of them have worked for a big-name company. Also, because Wharton has a diverse and international student body, the school is familiar with the school rankings and big local name companies in the countries that the international students come from, and perhaps the company you work for is familiar to the school.

For international applicants, what's more important than the name of the company is the impact you're able to make at the company. Therefore, focus on the VALUE and IMPACT you're able to create for your company in your essays and resume rather than worrying about the reputation of your company, as that's something you can't change at this point. So focus your attention on proving your potential as a business leader to Wharton, they will value that a lot more than the name of your company. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 23:15
Jsesicasmith wrote:
Hi - do we know if Wharton's word count for recommenders (300 words) is a strict limit, or if the 7500 character limit is the only real limit? My recommender just asked me this today.

From what my recommender told me: There were 2 boxes for the 2 questions in which he had to put in the recommendation. Each box had a strict word limit of 300 words :)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 23:22
Jsesicasmith wrote:

My recommender definitely went over the 300 word limit. As long as it's reasonable, exceeding the limit should be fine, since the only filter on the box is for 7500 characters.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2019, 13:07
It is definitely not a strict limit (the 300 words). They'll never penalize an applicant for having an extra-enthusiastic recommender. Best of luck to you!

Jsesicasmith wrote:

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2019, 17:10
isasda66 wrote:
I'm a re-applicant to Wharton and I noticed that they require two recommendations again.
While this would not be a problem I recently changed jobs and one of my old recommenders was not too happy and my current job is too new to ask for a recent supervisor.
Can I ask another previous supervisor along with an old recommender for the letters?
Any advice?

Read the recommender instructions for each school carefully. Usually Wharton requests that 1 of its two required 2 recs come from a direct manager though that manager doesn’t have to be your *current* manager. In your case, if your former manager is upset that you left for a different employer, then you should use a different manager for their recommendation this time around, likely a manager from a role prior to the one you recently left (since you haven’t been at your new job long enough to ask for a rec). It’s fine to use the same recommender from one year to the next or to switch things up.

Regardless of who you choose, make sure that you are giving your recommenders as much guidance as possible to sing your praises. For instance, you should be giving each of them a bullet point list of the attributes you want them to highlight AND tangible impact that you have driven (hard $# and % data where applicable) to illustrate these qualities. For instance, if you want them to highlight your leadership potential, you want a bullet point for leadership potential with illustrative examples such as “led a team of 5 analysts across [function] and [geography] to complete [project] that was especially difficult for [memorable, likely interpersonal reasons], finishing [ahead of schedule, with better than expected outcomes, etc.]. This makes the recommender’s task much easier since they now don’t have to go back and look up what your impact was. Make sure that you are giving your recommenders different examples and different attributes to highlight to fully depict the 3D you. It might be helpful to talk about recommendation strategy and how that syncs with the achievements on your resume and the strategic positioning in your essays. If you think you might benefit from a free consultation, feel free to sign up here: https://admissionado.com/free-consultat ... sultation/
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2019, 17:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 85 posts ] 

Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx