GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2019, 16:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.02
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 04:08
spitfire1 wrote:
Have a friend who's also applied to Wharton and he mentioned that BOTH her recommenders got emails from Wharton thanking them personally for the great recommendation they wrote for her. I haven't spoken to my recommenders about this - but wondering if any one else has heard about this? I'm hoping that it's just an automated email that gets sent out to ALL recommenders.

(I should also flag, there is a remote possibility that my friend just fabricated this story to wind me up... she can be like that some times..)

Hi,
The story is real, I have the same case. One of my recommenders got that letter.
"We do not know where his application will go but we value input."

I think that it is almost automated letter. I do not think that is something special.

Good Luck
Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 06:19
Wharton Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 08:56
From what I have read here and on reddit, everyone gets these. Higher ranking officials get more flowery language, others get a more generic one.

Though to be honest I have not asked my recommenders if they have received an email, but it seems to be something every recommender gets. Good marketing imo as it makes people feel better.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.44

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 09:00
spitfire1 wrote:
Have a friend who's also applied to Wharton and he mentioned that BOTH her recommenders got emails from Wharton thanking them personally for the great recommendation they wrote for her. I haven't spoken to my recommenders about this - but wondering if any one else has heard about this? I'm hoping that it's just an automated email that gets sent out to ALL recommenders.

(I should also flag, there is a remote possibility that my friend just fabricated this story to wind me up... she can be like that some times..)

My recommenders got the same. I don't think it is anything special. It might be their common practice.
Current Student
V
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 09:02
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 10:17
Yes, this is something new Wharton did this year. To my knowledge, all recommenders got the same letter/email. So nothing to read into, they're just trying to make it a more high-touch process and give applicants and the people involved in their materials a positive vibe so that if it comes down to a decision between Wharton and another program, there are some nice touches Wharton has added in the process that might tip the scales in their favor.

Kellogg is doing many things like this with several candidates (not recommenders though, that I've heard of yet at least) this year. It's easy to feel like it means something, but do not read into it if you did or didn't get these types of notes and invites.

KushGakhar wrote:
spitfire1 wrote:

My recommenders got the same. I don't think it is anything special. It might be their common practice.

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 12:12
spitfire1 wrote:

My recommenders received this mail too. It was rather absurd tbh.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2019, 04:55
spitfire1 wrote:

Hi,

One of my recommenders received that personal thank-you note too. I can verify that they do send out these, but I can't comment on how rare these are.

Boss was really proud of it and told me if i ding Wharton thats my problem now, so yeah, extra pressure!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 07:15
Does anyone know when are the interview invites for Wharton coming out?
CBS School Moderator
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 07:26
socialgood wrote:
Does anyone know when are the interview invites for Wharton coming out?

October 29th

https://mba.wharton.upenn.edu/applicati ... deadlines/
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 07:40
29hungdida wrote:
spitfire1 wrote:

Hi,

One of my recommenders received that personal thank-you note too. I can verify that they do send out these, but I can't comment on how rare these are.

Boss was really proud of it and told me if i ding Wharton thats my problem now, so yeah, extra pressure!

They send it to everyone. Nothing new about it.
But my boss was quite pissed as he had to fill about 8 B-schools I selected
He told me that he made a word file thinking all of it would be the same but it wasn't
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 09:00
Hello!

Any idea on when Wharton will announce the TBD locations? I'm not expecting an invite but if by some stroke of luck I do get one, it'd be nice to know how far I'd have to travel. See below for reference on what they'd sent as "Round One information".

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, November 22nd. Interviews will be available on-campus with second-year Wharton MBA Admissions Fellows and off-campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. These locations will be announced in the coming weeks and all interview options are considered equally within the admission process.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 09:05
Last year they offered:

Beijing, China

Dubai, UAE

London, England

New Delhi, India

San Francisco, US

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Seoul, South Korea

Singapore

Tokyo, Japan

In addition to on campus.

kalraswati wrote:
Hello!

Any idea on when Wharton will announce the TBD locations? I'm not expecting an invite but if by some stroke of luck I do get one, it'd be nice to know how far I'd have to travel. See below for reference on what they'd sent as "Round One information".

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, November 22nd. Interviews will be available on-campus with second-year Wharton MBA Admissions Fellows and off-campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. These locations will be announced in the coming weeks and all interview options are considered equally within the admission process.

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2019, 20:44
Good luck to everyone waiting for the invitation invites on Tuesday! Just a few days away!

Just wondering, Wharton AO says the decisions will be sent out on Oct 29th by 5pm EST, does that mean the decisions will be sent throughout the day or will everything be released precisely at 5pm?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2019, 21:12
Looking at the discussion from 2 years ago on mobile looks like it took a little while to get the invites out.

Last year it seems to have happened at once:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 68-80.html

Posted from my mobile device

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 12:23
bb wrote:
Looking at the discussion from 2 years ago on mobile looks like it took a little while to get the invites out.

Will there be an official waiting chatroom for Wharton similar to the other schools?

Thanks
Kellogg School Moderator
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 12:31
xprometheusx wrote:
bb wrote:

Will there be an official waiting chatroom for Wharton similar to the other schools?

Thanks

Lets use the following:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php?fl=menu
Wharton Moderator
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 12:35
Whoops, didn't read the title of that chat room carefully enough.

Thanks tanmay1392
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 19:28
hahaxixi007 wrote:
Good luck to everyone waiting for the invitation invites on Tuesday! Just a few days away!

Just wondering, Wharton AO says the decisions will be sent out on Oct 29th by 5pm EST, does that mean the decisions will be sent throughout the day or will everything be released precisely at 5pm?

Last year they sent it at 12:40pm eastern

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 20:00
Were all decisions released at 12:40 PM or did it trickle in throughout the day like some other schools

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 28 Oct 2019, 20:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 70 posts ] 

Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx