Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Guys, which IELTS have you provided, general or academic?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: HBS '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Hey all! Have your recommenders received an email asking them to confirm their reference in the past week?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 4
Send PM
Lexygirl wrote:
Hey all! Have your recommenders received an email asking them to confirm their reference in the past week?

There was a similar post on clearadmit asking whether any recommender of HBS applicants received the email.
One person answered no.
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Thank you! It seems pretty random and both my recommenders were contacted. I’m international so that could be why (same as the other person on Clearadmit).

MartRob wrote:
Lexygirl wrote:

There was a similar post on clearadmit asking whether any recommender of HBS applicants received the email.
One person answered no.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
Send PM
Lexygirl wrote:
Thank you! It seems pretty random and both my recommenders were contacted. I’m international so that could be why (same as the other person on Clearadmit).

MartRob wrote:
Lexygirl wrote:

One person answered no.

One of my friends who was admitted in R1 is international too, but none of his recommender received any email.
Seems like random ...

Has anyone else, international or US based, received that kind of email?

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Best of luck to everyone in Round 2 who is waiting to hear back on Tuesday, March 31.

• For those who get in, congratulations! Harvard Business School is a once-in a lifetime experience that has the power to alter the arcs of the lives of those who attend. Even if COVID pushes classes online for a period of time, HBS is world class in its technology and little of the experience will be lost in translation. I've been taking the new alumni-only online class "COVID-19 as a Novel Event and Risk Management Framework" and though there have been thousands of participants on each session, each has gone without a hitch.
  • For those who get the ding, don't let the perfect become the enemy of the good. Business school attendance is counter cyclical and an MBA program is a great place to hunker-down career-wise as the effects of COVID19 ripple through the economy. In times like this, the advice we are giving our clients is "any port in a storm." If you get another M7 offer, congratulate yourself, take it, and don't look back.
  • For those who end up on the waitlist, fret not. If you mount an effective waitlist campaign there is still a very good chance you can be admitted to HBS! Check out the following posts we've written to help you mount an effective waitlist campaign and turn that waitlist notice into an offer of admission.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
HBS DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Waitlisted, 4 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720, Industry: Consulting, WE 46, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 13 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q47 V41), GPA: 3.74, Industry: Consumer Electronics, WE 85, heard via: portal_update
  • Waitlisted, 19 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:780 (Q49 V51), GPA: 3.94, Industry: Venture Capital, WE 60, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
HBS DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 41 minutes ago, from United States, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 43 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q49 V46), heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 47 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q45 V41), GPA: 3.52, Industry: Consulting, WE 48, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
HBS DECISION TRACKER

• Denied, 27 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:780 (Q51 V46), Industry: Consumer Electronics, WE 72, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 28 minutes ago, from China, GMAT:710 (Q49 V38), GPA: 3.71, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 51 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q46 V39), GPA: 3.77, Industry: Entertainment and Sports, WE 90, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 51 minutes ago, from Ukraine, GMAT:720 (Q49 V40), GPA: 3.96, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
The current students at Harvard have made a change.org petition asking the Dean Nohria for a partial refund of the tuition fee. You can find the petition here https://www.change.org/p/dean-nitin-noh ... ere-online

More such petitions from other schools are here https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-students ... 21086.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 33

GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Feel free to join the chat who got dinged post interview to discuss re application strategy.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?ro ... uRxLMlP9HK

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Transportation)
Send PM
Here we go folks. Feel free to ask me anything in PM.

A new Harvard Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/harvard-184/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1477
Current Student
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
A new Harvard Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/harvard-184/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1486
Current Student
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi there! Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Would you mind also sharing how you did mock interviews? I realize there are consulting services that provide 1 to 3 sessions but those can be very expensive. I'm looking for an alternative :).

Thank you!

Run4Fun wrote:
I interviewed last week in New York. Similar to what others have said the interviewer was friendly, but he definitely came at me from the beginning. We did not touch my resume, or any of the traditional leadership questions that I had anticipated, instead he asked mainly curve ball questions really from every direction. I feel like I did well, I made a point to be articulate and conversational in my responses. To echo what others have said though, it was very apparent that his purpose was to get me off of my script and then push me around to see how I reacted. I think I reacted well, and he definitely had me off of my script from the first to the last question.

My interview was 44 minutes long though, not sure if that is a good or bad sign! In the beginning he said there wouldn't be time for questions, and as we were wrapping up I knew we were already past time so I was very surprised when he said, "Do you have any questions?", and then after I asked one and he responded, he asked me, "What is another question?"!

Whether I get in or not I know I did my best and there is no way I could have been more prepared for the interview. I am grateful that I did plenty of mock interviews and personal preparation beforehand though, had I not there is no way I would not have been a deer in the headlights 5 minutes into the conversation.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All HBS Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All HBS Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All HBS Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated HBS Forum to dive into all things related to HBS's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts