Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:10 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [17]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
aditiphadnis wrote:
Hi Is it true that we no longer require GMAT to apply to few top business schools, including Harvard?
What do you think will the new admission criteria be?
Work experience, academics, extra curricular. How can i apply to Harvard without a Gmat score.

Posted from my mobile device

I don't think so. Harvard has not released any information concerning that. While some B-schools waived the GMAT/GRE for the last round of the 2020 applications due to the pandemic, I don't think this would be the case for the 2021 applications
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
Hi everyone
I scored 670,680,690 on my last CATs. I am taking the real exam in a couple of days, do you think that even with a close, but below, 700 score, my application could be considered? (I am an investment banker with +3Y experience)

Thank you in advance!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
Send PM
Kudos
With Harvard’s announcement today, next two years are gonna be tough to apply.
https://www.hbs.edu/coronavirus/critica ... px?post=78

Given they are happy with having a smaller class size this year, it seems unlikely they will significantly increase class sizes for the next two years, so there will be 200+ less spots over those two years.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72899 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for posting and sharing! So about 22% have taken the option...which is more than 15% I expected and shared in another thread.... I think there are chances not all of those 200 will come back either and some may choose next year BA the year after. I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect that HBS would not bump up their class size by a 100... schools seem to shrink and swell class sizes from time to time... am I being too naive?

PS. That would be an awesome question to ask them at the MBA Spotlight. I will keep it in mind.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thanks for posting and sharing! So about 22% have taken the option...which is more than 15% I expected and shared in another thread.... I think there are chances not all of those 200 will come back either and some may choose next year BA the year after. I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect that HBS would not bump up their class size by a 100... schools seem to shrink and swell class sizes from time to time... am I being too naive?

PS. That would be an awesome question to ask them at the MBA Spotlight. I will keep it in mind.

Totally agree, not all those who deferred will come back for sure. But its hard to gauge if even 200 is the right number. We know Harvard usually is around 930 students per year. That means there are at least around ~230 students who chose to defer. However that is enrolled students. We know that they accept more than 930. Given their yield is around 90%, that means there are 1033 acceptances. so the total number could be closer to ~300 students who deferred assuming those are the ones they lose to other schools but chose to take advantage of Harvard's generous deferral policy. I would bank of there being at least 75 less spots per year over next two years.

Doesn't seem like a lot, but that is 8% of the spots gone already.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V43
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
It seems like this year will be super competitive.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Harford22 wrote:
It seems like this year will be super competitive.

Well based on some admissions consultant's blog - so really just a guess - the added competition is expected to come from less competitive profiles. The group of qualified applicants may not expand very much.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply

Harvard AdCom Live Q&A starts in 30 minutes

Join us for the HBS AdCom Live Q&A session at the MBA Spotlight MBA Fair. We are starting at 7 AM PST.

See you there!
GMAT Club Team
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
FYI I have deferred and right now it looks like a 50/50 split across Class of 2023/2024

MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply

FYI, I got to know from Kviver that Harvard application is live.

MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Businessconquerer as the Harvard moderator. He/she will be applying to Harvard and a few other schools for 2021 intake. Congratulations Businessconquerer
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Send PM
aditiphadnis wrote:
Hi Is it true that we no longer require GMAT to apply to few top business schools, including Harvard?
What do you think will the new admission criteria be?
Work experience, academics, extra curricular. How can i apply to Harvard without a Gmat score.

A GMAT Score is "Required" for admission confirmation to HBS. The GMAT Waiver was given to round 3 applicants only.
In addition to this, with the introduction of online GMAT and physical whitboard, the permission to get a waiver will be harder than you think.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [3]
Send PM
Kudos