Chat members
Pinned Message
Pin
hi
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
We have just added HBS to our Student Spotlight Schedule. You can register for these sessions at https://gmatclub.com/mba-spotlight/

Aug 13th HBS session https://gmatclub.com/mba-spotlight/?event_id=114
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Join us on YouTube for HBS Essay Analysis & Advice https://gmatclub.com/forum/redirect.php?id=2tln0m6sxb
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

53-Updated.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any reapplicant?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
re-applicant
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there a specific group for reapplicant ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hi
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Michelesaragat wrote:
Is there a specific group for reapplicant ?
Nope Michelesaragat, This is the group for all the applicants.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I hope all of you would be joining us in the HBS Student Zoom session. HBS student going Live in MBA Student Spotlight at 7:15 AM Pacific. Register and Join here
https://gmatclub.com/mba-spotlight/?event_id=114
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone know if it’s possible to submit the application if LoR hasn’t been submitted yet? My recommenders are likely to submit just before the deadline, but the app from my side is done and it would be a huge relief to just submit!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, For people who have completed their degrees in Integrated courses (bachelor’s & Master’s), Should we separate the Gpa for both degrees and fill in the application form? Or keep the combined GPA for both separate sections? My college provided the combined Gpa for both degrees.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi guys, can anyone please evaluate the chances for hbs, stanford, wharton & insead.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Gmat 760
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
4 years as a career diplomat(IFS), currently 31yo, worked as first secretary in Paris & Turkey, GATE two digit AIR a few years ago, CFA level 1, CAT 99.82%ile a few years ago, worked in RBI & SEBI earlier as AM, IIT-B Mtech admit a few years ago. Downsides: Tier 3 undergrad in Btech-CS with 7 cgp, 2 years gap due to CSE prep. And 1 year gap between, 12th & grad. Good extracurriculars with debates & leadership positions.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

How to Fill out HBS Application | Live Application Walkthrough & Last-Min Tips

We’ll be Live with Maria on YouTube Sep 1 @ 11am ET / 4pm UK / 8:30pm IST

In this live application walkthrough, Maria (HBS Alumnus & Founder of ApplicantLab) and Dalal (GMAT Club moderator) show you the fields that you are expected to fill, cover the nuances of HBS’ Application Form, and share their thoughts on the aspects to keep in mind while filling it. They also show the pitfalls you should avoid to maximize your chances of admission to Harvard Business School. 👨‍🎓

Date & Time: Thursday, Sep 1, 11am New York / 4pm London / 8:30pm Mumbai
YouTube Link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/redirect.php?id=943m2wnvax
Add the event to your Google Calendar:

See you on YouTube!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
We are going Live with Maria from ApplicantLab and Dalal(GMAT Club moderator) on how to fill the HBS application form. Join us at the following link.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

This session is starting very shortly. Join us here https://gmatclub.com/forum/redirect.php?id=943m2wnvax

Narenn wrote:

How to Fill out HBS Application | Live Application Walkthrough & Last-Min Tips

In this live application walkthrough, Maria (HBS Alumnus & Founder of ApplicantLab) and Dalal (GMAT Club moderator) show you the fields that you are expected to fill, cover the nuances of HBS’ Application Form, and share their thoughts on the aspects to keep in mind while filling it. They also show the pitfalls you should avoid to maximize your chances of admission to Harvard Business School....
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
When are LoRs due for HBS? Same time as Application?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, can we send the updated scores to HBS after submitting the application ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
HBS says "The Admissions Board will not consider any additional materials or changes once an application has been submitted.", and this was the experience of a close friend who applied a few years ago in R2. He had gotten a promotion but was not allowed to communicate it to HBS
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ok, i see, that means whatever score you apply with today, no modifications in that can be communicated to them even if you get a good score later.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Unfortunately yes, I guess that is the case :/
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Asking for a friend (not active here) : His profile is amazing and everything is fine about that, but the only problem is his Gmat score which is 660. Indian Eng Male (He has already prepared his entire application) Is it ok applying in R1 today for him or wait for R2 to bump the score ? Need suggestions pls
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
660 GMAT is way low, even for a non indian, if he/she is targetting HBS. I’d suggest retaking GMAT to improve the score
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So, applying with a 660 in R1 is not equivalent to applying with a score like 730 may be in R2 ? Just to clarify pls
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yup!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ok you mean 730 in R2 is way better than 660 in R1..got it
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
How is everyone dealing with the waiting? It’s only been a week since the deadline but it feels like I’ve been waiting forever 😂

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
caedesoftheskies wrote:
How is everyone dealing with the waiting? It’s only been a week since the deadline but it feels like I’ve been waiting forever 😂

Focusing on the rest of my applications! With my profile, getting an interview call is a massive long-shot anyway, so denial as well, I guess XD
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
We are working with a HBS student on a podcast. What would be some good topics for this podcast?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any guess what day the interview invite decisions will go out?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Based on past data, early october
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi the appointment wait-time for US student visa in indian cities is more than 400 days. If i am planning to apply in R2 or even R1 this yr , does that mean I couldn’t apply for US Business schools? Or does Business schools help regarding such situations? Any indian applicants who have faced such an issue in the past or have relevent knowledge, please reply.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Visa appointments open up as academic year approaches, don’t worry about that.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
There are 1000s of Indian applicants applying to US schools every years, you are not alone
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks Prudhviraju
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I agree that we shouldn’t be worried about the visa appointments at this point in time.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Stanford applicants networking session is today at 8 AM Pacific 8:30 PM IST
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
You can register and join the session at the following link
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, Just wanted to confirm, at the time of submission of my application I uploaded my unofficial GMAT score. Is it mandatory for me to send my official GMAT score as well?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It is mandatory utkarshmathur20. I had to pay to send them my score.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just checked the direct to director blog - looks like Chad Losee has resigned! I wonder if this will effect R1 interview timelines?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It shouldn’t
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
manifestingM7 wrote:
I just checked the direct to director blog - looks like Chad Losee has resigned! I wonder if this will effect R1 interview timelines?
This is the links for others reference https://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/Page ... ector.aspx
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
utkarshmathur20 wrote:
Hi, Just wanted to confirm, at the time of submission of my application I uploaded my unofficial GMAT score. Is it mandatory for me to send my official GMAT score as well?
I see the following on their website "–GMAT/GRE
When submitting your application, you may report the unofficial GMAT or GRE score given on the day of the test for tests taken at GMAT or GRE testing centers, or your official score if you have received it. Every applicant must request that Pearson (for the GMAT) or ETS (for the GRE) send an official score report directly to HBS."
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
utkarshmathur20 wrote:
At the time of submitting the application it should be ok to report unofficial scores but you have to send in the official scores soon.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks nikhil. I did send my GMAT score the other day!

Nikhil wrote:
At the time of submitting the application it should be ok to report unofficial scores but you have to send in the official scores soon.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks
lauraz282 wrote:
It is mandatory utkarshmathur20. I had to pay to send them my score.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
utkarshmathur20 wrote:
Thanks nikhil. I did send my GMAT score the other day!

Sounds good. All the best :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, I’m planning to take my gmat in Jan 4 , 2023 as there are no December dates available at the gmat test centre. The round 2 deadline is in Jan 4, 2023. Will I have any problems in submitting the GMAT score? Please advise on how to proceed. Thanks.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
lumos1487 wrote:
Hi, I’m planning to take my gmat in Jan 4 , 2023 as there are no December dates available at the gmat test centre. The round 2 deadline is in Jan 4, 2023. Will I have any problems in submitting the GMAT score? Please advise on how to proceed. Thanks.
You have to enter your GMAT score to submit the application. Does your test time fall before the application submission deadline time?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do we need to send the official score report or self reported score is fine,
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have submitted my application so just wanted to check do i need to submit official score report as well or i can wait till the final decision is taken?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sakethreddy wrote:
Do we need to send the official score report or self reported score is fine,
I think Yes. Check the following "Every applicant must request that Pearson (for the GMAT) or ETS (for the GRE) send an official score report directly to HBS"
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It says every applicant not those who get an admission etc
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So, I think you have to send in your official scores to HBS.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks Nikhil, i have just sent the scores
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Decisions October 6th Noon!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
canadaguy123 wrote:
Decisions October 6th Noon!
Yes! https://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/Page ... ector.aspx
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Next Thursday, October 6, at 12:00 noon Eastern Time, all Round 1 applicants will receive an update via their Application Status page on next steps in our process.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any tips or recommendations for anxiety control? I am freaking out here hahah
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It’s not the end of the world friend. Play some video games, hang out with friends or family, go watch a movie :)

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ratb wrote:
Any tips or recommendations for anxiety control? I am freaking out here hahah
I’ve been rewatching Succession and telling myself it only takes one business school to get an MBA 💪🏽
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil wrote:
You have to enter your GMAT score to submit the application. Does your test time fall before the application submission deadline time?
yes, my test time falls before the deadline time.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
lumos1487 wrote:
yes, my test time falls before the deadline time.

Sounds good. You can take the test, get the scores and submit the application with the scores within the deadline. You can also send in your afterwards as soon as they are reportable.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Also freaking out - best of luck everyone!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dismalscientist1 wrote:
Also freaking out - best of luck everyone!

Yeahhh hahah insane anxiety! Good luck folks!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
All the best to everyone waiting to hear :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
There are three possibilities:

1. Invite to Interview – this is very good news! If you are invited to interview, you will receive additional information regarding the process on October 6 – you will then be able to sign up for an interview on October 7.
2. Further Consideration – also good news. This is a small group of strong applicants who we ask to wait until Round 2, at which point we will review your application again. More info on this process will be shared with you directly if you receive a “Further Consideration” update.
3. Early Release – unfortunately this means we are not able to move you forward in the process. Our hope is that by letting you know this news early allows you to move forward with other plans.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did the email came in or is it a portal update?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Portal update
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks rachelist, :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It looks like all rejections in the decision tracker so far.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone with an interview invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got one :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations 👍🏻
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
manan248, congrats !
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Interview!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
received an interview invite as well
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Want to send a big **** you response on the mail 😂
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Rejected, GMAT 770
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Denied. Good luck to everyone who made it to the next stage! :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Rejected. It broke my heart. This forum has been a big help.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any suggestions on where to prepare from for HBS Interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Devi vallabhaneni was an interviewer from HBS during 3 years you can reach her on linkedin, and why not try to do an interview preparation with her !
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, are all Zoom and London slots filled instantly, or is there an issue with the reservations system?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi there -

I’m one of the admissions consultants who’s been doing HBS interview prep for Stacy Blackman Consulting for several years, and I also did a podcast episode specifically about HBS prep -- it’s #41 of B-Schooled on the major podcast platforms. Hope that helps!

For what it’s worth, I think doing the prep and a mock interview with a company that knows HBS’s very specific interview style is key. You don’t want to have come this far and regret not giving it your all.

Best of luck and CONGRATS on the invite -- that’s huge!

Erika

BAA5 wrote:
Any suggestions on where to prepare from for HBS Interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Erika - any suggestions on what “Further Consideration” candidates can do to improve odds?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
karvounk wrote:
Hi, are all Zoom and London slots filled instantly, or is there an issue with the reservations system?

I kept refreshing every few seconds and was able to secure a zoom interview window. Act quick as soon as you see a session open up!

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
SBCErikaOlson, Hi Erika, how can I reach out to you directly?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi,

Does anyone know if new interview slots will be released? Wasn’t able to sign in when the slots were released and now all the Zoom and nearby in-person slots have been filled... not sure I would be able to make the travel for any of the outstanding interview slots.

Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mlans13 wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if new interview slots will be released? Wasn’t able to sign in when the slots were released and now all the Zoom and nearby in-person slots have been filled... not sure I would be able to make the travel for any of the outstanding interview slots.

Thanks!
I think it would be wise to write to the HBS Admissions team on this?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Agree - have also sent them an email but wanted to see if someone on the forum has had a similar experience before :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
alphagraces wrote:
Hi Erika - any suggestions on what “Further Consideration” candidates can do to improve odds?

Same question. Any suggestions for those in this bucket?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin