Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:02 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [4]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 480 Q43 V15
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Hi everyone! I’m a Fall 2023 Round 1 admit to the NYU Stern 2-year Full-time MBA program. Happy to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge during the next 45 minutes :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Hi guys! I’m also a round 1 admit at stern. Excited to answer some of your questions in the best way possible!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
isharawat1212 wrote:
Does the fashion and luxury 1 yr program offer STEM benefits vis a vis work visa? How different are the job opportunities for the F&L course when compare to the 2 year full time MBA? ( for intl. students)

The F&L program is not STEM accredited and the job opportunities would be extremely different from the traditional MBA course. Would be great to check out the employment report from the previous years

Rishikavats wrote:
Hi Guys, i wanted to know someone who will have 1 year and 3 months of work experience while applying to R1 but full 2 years of work experience before joining the program valid for the Booth’s MBA program??

Apologies, I would recommend you to check this query on the Booth chat :)

Originally posted by dexter2909 on 13 Jun 2023, 09:02.
Last edited by dexter2909 on 13 Jun 2023, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V47
Send PM
Hi guys, I had a question regarding the 1 Year Tech MBA.ow would the full-time recruitment be for someone looking to say pivot to product management (without any prior experience in product) due the absence of a summer internship?
Though I’m sure about a career in tech and also have prior experience in tech consulting. Or will the full-time 2-year MBA be more appropriate in this case?

How*
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ALEX4157 wrote:
Hi guys, I had a question regarding the 1 Year Tech MBA.ow would the full-time recruitment be for someone looking to say pivot to product management (without any prior experience in product) due the absence of a summer internship? Though I’m sure about a career in tech and also have prior experience in tech consulting. Or will the full-time 2-year MBA be more appropriate in this case?

Hi Alex! It is completely possible to pivot. But that would depend on how your experiences match with your target companies.
At the end of the day, during recruitment you should be able to convince companies that you have the required skill set to do well in your new role.

That said, I would recommend you reach out to a Tech MBA student who has already gone through the process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
dexter2909 wrote:
Hi everyone! I’m a Fall 2023 Round 1 admit to the NYU Stern 2-year Full-time MBA program. Happy to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge during the next 45 minutes :)

Hi Dexter,
I want to ask about how entrepreneurs gonna get the skill and resources to be success after MBA at Stern? Also what do you think if applicant is running business, while also work full-time in e-commerce? I have case like this and i am worried that working two place makes my overall application looks bad,
please advise, thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V47
Send PM
Crayken wrote:
Hi Alex! It is completely possible to pivot. But that would depend on how your experiences match with your target companies. At the end of the day, during recruitment you should be able to convince companies that you have the required skill set to do well in your new role. That said, I would recommend you reach out to a Tech MBA student who has already gone through the process.

Thank you for inputs Crayken!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ALEX4157 wrote:
Thank you for inputs Crayken!

Further, if you think there are new skills you need to develop then an internship in the full time MBA program would improve your chances significantly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello. Is an application fee waiver available?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
randyharrism10 wrote:
Hi Dexter, I want to ask about how entrepreneurs gonna get the skill and resources to be success after MBA at Stern? Also what do you think if applicant is running business, while also work full-time in e-commerce? I have case like this and i am worried that working two place makes my overall application looks bad, please advise, thank you

Hi Randy, Stern admits a lot of entrepreneurs every year from a wide range of industries. If the skillset you have gained from starting your own business can be put succinctly in your applications, alongwith any other jobs that you do, I believe there is no reason for the Adcom to question your worth as a candidate. I would suggest you to reach out to Stern MBA candidates who worked on their own business or were in the start-up domain pre-MBA to get more clarity.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dexter2909 wrote:
Hi Randy, Stern admits a lot of entrepreneurs every year from a wide range of industries. If the skillset you have gained from starting your own business can be put succinctly in your applications, alongwith any other jobs that you do, I believe there is no reason for the Adcom to question your worth as a candidate. I would suggest you to reach out to Stern MBA candidates who worked on their own business or were in the start-up domain pre-MBA to get more clarity.

Also to add to Dexter’s points,
Entrepreneurs have access to full time mentorship program at stern, where mentors with the relevant industry experience are matched with students to match their goals
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sumanroy1998 wrote:
Hello. Is an application fee waiver available?

Yes there is. Please follow this link to check if you fit in any of the mentioned eligibility criteria. https://apply.stern.nyu.edu/register/?i ... d41c87e4c6
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dexter2909 wrote:
Yes there is. Please follow this link to check if you fit in any of the mentioned eligibility criteria. https://apply.stern.nyu.edu/register/?i ... d41c87e4c6

In addition to what dexter has mentioned,
I was a re-applicant myself. During our cycle we did have a re-applicant fee waiver.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Hi,
I have 2 questions:
1.Given that all MBA programs accept people from non business roles pre-MBA, does anyone from business background(in terms of qualification or work) has an advantage over those who comes from unusual background like a teacher or doctor?
2.I worked in Education industry as an instructor and mentor.What can I do in my application to tell that I am interested in learning the subjects?Doing any course helps?
Do you know anyone from similar role who got an admit to Stern?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To answer you first question, I do not believe people with a business background have a significant advantage, especially during the application cycle, as they would need to go the additional step to explain why an MBA makes sense for them even though they have such a background. Like what is it that an MBA can give that they already cannot achieve. The diversity of each years class, especially at stern, is a testament to the fact that students from every background have a great chance at making it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I can’t find any information like this on the website, so can someone please tell me whether they accept internship experience. I have 1 year working experience under the title of Internship because I can’t work full-time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ngocvb10 wrote:
I can’t find any information like this on the website, so can someone please tell me whether they accept internship experience. I have 1 year working experience under the title of Internship because I can’t work full-time.

Hi, the internship experience is not counted towards the total work experience needed by the school
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  46