Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:49 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:49

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 10, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Apr 8, 24
"talked about one of my "pick 6" as a starter 1. why mba, why now 2. proudest professional achievement 3. what type of leader are you? 4. How would your collegues describe you? what do they love most about working with you? 5. what companies will you recruit into? plan B? 6. how to leverage the recruiting resources at Stern? (I twisted it into "why stern") 7. how are you going to engage with Stern community? 8. anything we haven't covered? 9. questions for the interviewer 18 minutes for the first 7 questions. 25 minutes in total. moved really fast yet conversational and chill."
China
NYU Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 18, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Jan 16, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"1. Tell me about your work? 2. Tell me about your most difficult project in your current work and how did you manage it? what was the outcome? 3. Why the Tech MBA and not the full time MBA? 4. Why NYU Stern and not other business schools? 5. What do you like most about the course module? 6. Why New York? 7. What is your ideal job post MBA? 8. What are your short and long term goals? 9. What is your post-MBA job strategy to getting a job? 10. Which companies and industry sectors do you have in mind to work in and why? 11. Do you have an idea how these companies recruit MBA talents? if yes, how? 12. What parts of your application did you expect me to ask you questions on and I haven't? - I answered by saying the Pick 6 and my additional information 13. What 3 things make you unique? 14. What contribution will you make to Stern? 15. Do you have any questions for me?"
8 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 14, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Dec 20, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"1. TMAY 2. Why MBA? 3. Proudest achievement at work 4. Failure and what you learned from 5. 2 major strengths 6. What are the characteristics of a successful team 7. Constructive feedback 8. Why Stern? 9. What’s your career plan? (I mentioned short-term, long-term, and backup plans) 10. What is your recruiting plan 11. How will you contribute to Stern? 12. Do you have any questions for me? (I asked about recruiting in RE last year & popular traditions)"
This user wants to stay Private
Indonesia
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 12, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Jan 8, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I interviewed with an admissions committee member, Ben. The conversation began with introduction by him, and then asked me for a quick introduction (asked for it to be a few minutes or less). We then initiated our interview questions where I was asked: 1. Tell me about a project or engagement you're most proud of --> asked about my background before my current experience, shows he is familiar with my resume 2. Tell me about a time where you had to work with, or lead, a team of diverse members 3. Tell me about a challenge you faced, or a time you failed 4. What are your career ambitions and why an MBA? 5. Can you tell me why you feel Stern is a good fit for you? 6. What skills do you feel you bring to Stern, and what would you bring to Stern community after matriculating? 7. What will your approach to recruiting be? 8. What companies have you considered outside of (____) ---> this company i listed in my essay, shows they read my materials 9. What hobbies do you have outside of work? --> I spoke about a few things in my Pick Six and some items not mentioned, which he then had a conversation with me about 10. What questions do you have for me? Ended with pleasantries, provided the general sternmba email and said to send any emails there and address it to him and they can share his way. Then he mentioned the decision should come 3 weeks or 4 at most after this interview."
5 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 20, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 8, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I applied on Sep. 17, got an interview call on Oct. 25, and gave my interview on Nov. 8. 1. Starting with a six-pick, ice-breaking question 2. Why MBA? Stern? 3. About myself? 4. What is the biggest failure? 5. What are your professional achievements? 6. Tell me only one strength in professional life. 7. How will you add value to the MBA Stern class? 8. long-term and short-term goals 9. Alternative career choice? 10. Which company would you like to work for, if not Plan B? 11. Finally, ask me any questions."
4.5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 13, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 13, 23
"Briefly introduce yourself What would you consider your two major strengths Why MBA and Why Now? What's the most difficult part of scaling businesses into new markets? How would you contribute to Stern Any questions for me? Interviewed by an Adcom. Interview took 47mins."
Nigeria
NYU Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 10, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 8, 23
"Usual questions - why MBA, why Stern, what's your recruitment strategy rest were all specific questions for my profile it was with Mr Matthew, Admissions Director. he was insanely chill and friendly"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 10, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 23
"Interview was with Adcom Ben Austin. Very relaxed and conversational. He viewed my entire application and asked questions based on my application. 1) Question about my pick 6. More of an ice breaker. 2) Proudest accomplishment and why am I so proud of it. 3) What is one leadership trait/strength that came naturally to you and one that you grew overtime to become a strength. 4) Why is MBA the right next move for you. Why do you think you are a good fit for this roll? Why do you want to pursue investment banking. 5) Where does Stern fit into your goals and how can Stern help you achieve them. 6) Talk about your plan for recruiting when at Stern. 7) How do you plan to contribute to the Stern community 8) Questions I had about Stern or the program."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  May 20, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 21, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by AdCom representative named Benjamin Austin for approximately 25 minutes. Initially, I was quite nervous as it was my first interview. However, Benjamin created a comfortable environment by approaching the conversation more as an advisor-student rather than a traditional interviewer-interviewee dynamic. This helped me relax and engage in a smooth conversation with him. My advice to you is not to panic excessively! Stern's interviewers are highly skilled and adept at putting candidates at ease. You will likely feel wonderful after conversing with them! Questions that I got: 1) Briefly introduce yourself, what are you doing in your job 2) Achievement/work that you were proud of 3) Experience that using leadership + cross functional skill (followed from the previous answer that I talked about the achievement using cross functional skill) 4) Constructive feedback you have received and how have you improved from that feedback 5) Goal that you wrote on the essay 6) Why MBA at Stern/how MBA at Stern will get you to your goal 7) (First, Benjamin made sure that I got a full scholarship from my employee and I don't need an internship program like the other students do) but do an internship program still help you in somehow? Do you need an internship? 8) Do you know the resources/communities in Stern that help you to get an internship work? 9) Have any internship firms in your mind? 10) Pic Six (Benjamin chose the one he's interested: travel) 11) How will you plan to spend you free time on weekend in NYC 12) Additional information that you wanna add on 13) Any question to ask back After the interview concluded, he mentioned that he would send today's interview and his comments to the central AdCom for the final decision. The admissions decision results will be announced within 3-4 weeks. In my case, I received the result after 4 weeks plus 3 business days. Good luck to all the future interviewees!"
Thailand
NYU Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 26, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 23, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview was casual, conversational and the AdCom was very friendly. She had reviewed my application and started with an introduction of herself. Here were the questions: 1. A question about my pick six. 2. Why MBA, why now? 3. Tell me about the team you lead, what are the characteristics of the team that make it successful? 4. What is the biggest challenge do you anticipate during MBA? 5. How do you network in your field? 6. In a hypothetical situation, 10 years from now, you have to give a speech at a conference. What topic would you talk about and what would you say about Stern? 7. Do you have coding experience?"
NYU Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 21, 23
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 21, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Like most have said, my interview was very casual and started off with a quick ice breaker about my Pick 6. A lot of my questions were specific to my application and my non-traditional background (PR & Psychology major), so I wont go into specifics there. Relevant questions I had were: 1. How would your team describe you (both things you're good at and where you could improve)? 2. Why Stern? Why an MBA? Why now? 3. Greatest accomplishment? 4. How do you prioritize deadlines? 5. Do you have coding experience? 6. What would you do in NYC for a day? 7. Anything you'd like to add? 8. Questions for me? Tips: Know how to talk about your short term career goal, your plan B if you don't immediately get into your desired role, and how you'll leverage Stern's resources to get there. Also, just be yourself because this is an EQ interview. The AdCom member kept emphasizing that the team really prioritizes EQ in the people they choose. Answers that make you seem like you're overly competitive and don't thrive working in group environments might not land because the AdCom member noted that their current class is strong in these particular soft skills."
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 10, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 10, 23
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Conversational, friendly interview with a member of the AdCom who had reviewed my profile thoroughly. Skipped introduction. Questions were as follows - 1. How would your team describe you? 2. What exactly does your business offer and would you be working there while at school? 3. Short term goal - companies in mind and their locations? flexible in location or NYC? 4. Transferable skills? 5.If you had a free Saturday in New York, how would you spend it? 6. A gap in your resume for your future recruiter and how would you combat it? 7. Why the need for an MBA and why now? 8. Anything you would like to touch upon? 9. Questions for me"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 4, 23
Interviewed on:
Nov 8, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"He started with Six pics then delved into Why MBA?Why Stern? Recruitment Plan? Goals? Any feedback from your mentor you learnt? What can I take back to Admissions Committee? How can you contribute to Stern? Highest achievement? Two strengths and weakness as a leader. What would you like to improve as a leader. Any time when you included suggestions of your teammate"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 28, 22
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Dec 13, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview was very conversational and was conducted by a member of the admissions committee. Based on the interview reports I had read, I was expecting to be challenged on my short-term goals and recruiting strategy, but that part of the interview felt tougher than expected. So my number 1 tip would be to make sure you can defend your short-term goal and make a case for how Stern will help you get there, especially if you intend on recruiting for traditional industries like IB or consulting. 1. Question from Pick 6 2. Summary of your career post graduation? 3. What does a typical day at work look like for you? 4. Short-term goals? 5. Companies you will be targeting in IB? 6. Recruiting Plan for IB? 7. What do you think is the toughest part of recruiting in IB? 8. What will give you an edge in IB recruiting? 9. What will you do if you don’t get an internship/job in your target industry? 10. How will you get to your long-term goal given it is niche? (The long-term goal I wrote about was very niche, so I had to explain how my short-term goal and resources as Stern will help me get there) 11. Clubs you want to be a part of at Stern? 12. A time you demonstrated EQ? 13. Anything else you want the admissions committee to know? 14. Any questions for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 3, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Had my interview with Benjamin Austin - Adcom member, yesterday. We connected on a lot of aspects, be it sports, travel or our motivations to pursue an MBA. The interview was very conversational and focused on EQ aspect. There were a lot of follow-up questions based on my answers which I really liked. My conversations with current students and coffee chat before my interview really helped me with a lot of insights which I was able to utilize during my interview and I think even Ben sort of acknowledged a lot of these aspects. Listing down a few typical questions which I can remember from my conversation with Ben: 1. Brief introduction 2. Choice of undergrad degree and how it helped me in my career 3. Questions related to professional certifications like CA, CFA etc. 4. Most tricky project that I worked on and what were the learnings. 5. Leadership - What is my leadership style, what are my strength and the areas where I can make improvements 6. Experience of managing a team, resolving conflicts and situations where I relied on inputs/ideas of my team members 7. Why NYU? What would be my recruitment strategy for internship and a job later on? 8. My preferred choice of industry sectors to work for after 3-4 years of my MBA. I was told that they will revert with a decision on my application within 2-3 weeks."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 18, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 10, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview with Stern today. The Adcom member had read my profile beforehand and was friendly. Most of the questions catered to my specific experiences so I don’t think those would add much value to this post. However, some general behavioral questions were: 1. Your leadership style and What do you bring to a team? 2. How will you reach your long-term goals? 3. How are you planning to improve your leadership style? 4. Tell me about a time you have incorporated another team member’s idea to change your course of action? 5. Tell me about a time you used your problem-solving skills. 6. Tell me about a time your creative hobbies have helped with your professional life? 7. How are you planning to contribute to Stern community? 8. Anything we missed? 9. Any questions? I think the adcom member was just trying to assess if I am a good fit for Stern. I Will find out in 3 weeks! Good luck to everyone else applying!"
4 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 17, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 17, 22
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"I was interviewed by a member of the admissions committee. Here are a few questions I was asked: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Professional achievement you are most proud of 3. A question on something from my pick 6 4. Why MBA? 5. Why Stern? 6. How will you contribute to the Stern community? 7. Plan B. What if I don't get an internship in the industry I would like to? 8. How I plan to get an internship or job in the industry I want. The interviewer started with a brief introduction about himself and overall made me feel comfortable during the interview."
2.3 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 5, 22
Interviewed on:
Jan 24, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by an AdCom member. He was really friendly to begin with, and put me at ease right at the start of the interview. - I was first asked to introduce myself, which led to a few questions around my work experience as a consultant - most formative professional experience, leadership examples, etc. - I was then asked about my motivation behind an MBA and why an MBA now specifically. - The AdCom also dug deep into my short and long term goals, and how Stern aligns with them. - Towards the end I was asked if I had any questions for the AdCom. The interview lasted for 30~35 minutes and overall had a very conversational, friendly vibe. The school just wants to know the person behind the application and wishes to assess your fit with Stern."
2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 18, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 17, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview with AdCom Director, quick and interviewer had already reviewed my application. -"Tell me about this interest you listed on your resume" -Why MBA now? -What are some companies you want to work with? Why? -What kind of person are you on a team? Behavioral follow-up question -Any questions for me?"
United States
NYU Tech MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 9, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 3, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"It was a short and quick interview. Interviewer already knew about my application, and profile. She was very empathetic and lively. Questions asked. 1. Current Job 2. Which courses in MBA I will chose. 3. Post MBA Targated companies. 4. What will I do in new york and which companies I will work with."
15 years
United States