Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:46 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I just want to make sure everybody here who plans to apply realize is that even if you went to an English speaking school in India 🇮🇳 you need to submit a TOEFL. This goes for Haas as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Hi,
I this is Indian Male candidate and i got 760 Gmat score with 4+Years work experience in Oil and Gas Industry. I've been working in a public sector company in India. I've been working in different functions like supply and distribution, Planning, Maintenance and Sales departments. apart from my professional experience I've been a national athlete during my schooling and started many sports clubs and been mentoring some of the athletes till date. I need help in which MBA 2YR schools in USA I can aim for with my score and experience? Also being a reapplicant I want to keep my schools realistic this time. Kindly help.. Thankyou
Send PM
Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Expert Reply

School selection is a very complex animal in my opinion it is really not a situation where you add your GMAT score plus experience equals school. You need to think about your goals and which schools can help you meet them, for example I had a client who wanted to continue in his career in fintech but was also interested in Darden. I spoke with a client of mine at Darden and he said this is not an appropriate school for that goal. So you need to think about these kinds of things, on top of teaching method, school values, and your Why MBA.

Also all the time my clients might get into a higher rank school and get zero attention from lower rank schools. To their amazement. So it's very different from other countries where if you get an A you get into school one + all those "below" it and if you get a B you get into school 2 and all those below it.

Did you apply with a 760 last time? If that's the case, and you applied to more than just H/S/W then there's like some very fundamental issues with the way you're approaching the application and the way you are communicating or not communicating your story and experiences. I think the public sector thing might be interesting and might pique the interest of certain schools (if you are able to show clear impact).

00514339 wrote:
Hi,
I this is Indian Male candidate and i got 760 Gmat score with 4+Years work experience in Oil and Gas Industry. I've been working in a public sector company in India. I've been working in different functions like supply and distribution, Planning, Maintenance and Sales departments. apart from my professional experience I've been a national athlete during my schooling and started many sports clubs and been mentoring some of the athletes till date. I need help in which MBA 2YR schools in USA I can aim for with my score and experience? Also being a reapplicant I want to keep my schools realistic this time. Kindly help.. Thankyou
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: IIM-U '25 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi, Will a CGPA of 7.04 on 10 in Engineering, from a Tier 3 Public college in India, be a deal breaker for Anderson?

Don’t think I have the profile that would coerce a top school into making an exception on their norms. Currently have a GMAT of 700, and am targetting a 740+ score, R1 deadline at anderson is making me consider an early GMAT appointment than planned before.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
sharathsrambi wrote:
Hi, Will a CGPA of 7.04 on 10 in Engineering, from a Tier 3 Public college in India, be a deal breaker for Anderson?

Don’t think I have the profile that would coerce a top school into making an exception on their norms. Currently have a GMAT of 700, and am targetting a 740+ score, R1 deadline at anderson is making me consider an early GMAT appointment than planned before.

sharathsrambi

Don't underestimate yourself. Many applicants believe that their profile is not strong enough, and for this reason, they eliminate themselves prematurely without even trying. Know that by combining all of your experiences and attributes, you can still create a distinctive profile that will leave a lasting impression on admissions committees.

And while it's true that schools are looking for applicants with great potential, that doesn't mean that an MBA class will only consist of exceptional individuals or outliers. Present yourself as someone who contributes to the richness of the class and offers unique perspectives, even if the source of those experiences is not highly differentiated.

I think that getting a high GMAT score can boost your confidence and set you on the right path.

Get personalized advice for your unique situation. We do not cap discussion hours with applicants

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
sharathsrambi wrote:

Hello sharathsrambi,

Thanks for writing in.

You need not worry so much about your CGPA or your graduation from a relatively less known institution; yes, these aspects are considered by business schools while arriving at a decision; however, your attempt should be to focus on all that you can control; therefore, the correct approach is to not discount your chances; instead, focus on improving your GMAT score and then applying with your best case in hand.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi all, due to some technical issues with my credit card I was able to submit the app but not the payment. If I make the payment now will they accept

and how many days after the deadline can the recommender submit ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 189
Send PM
Kudos
gmatdevta wrote:
and how many days after the deadline can the recommender submit ?

Until 12th Oct
Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GRE 1: Q166 V166
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
00514339 wrote:
Hi, I this is Indian Male candidate and i got 760 Gmat score with 4+Years work experience in Oil and Gas Industry. I’ve been working in a public sector company in India. I’ve been working in different functions like supply and distribution, Planning, Maintenance and Sales departments. apart from my professional experience I’ve been a national athlete during my schooling and started many sports clubs and been mentoring some of the athletes till date. I need help in which MBA 2YR schools in USA I can aim for with my score and experience? Also being a reapplicant I want to keep my schools realistic this time. Kindly help.. Thankyou

Good score Susmanth. Apply to schools with energy track. McCombs, UCLA, Duke etc. Bump up ECs. Your timing is ripe for application and score is excellent. Good Luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 280
Send PM
hi i had a query, i am aiming to apply for UCLA’s MSBA program but i have no full time work experience, do internships and other activities count?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Focus 1:
535 Q77 V78 DI74
GMAT 1: 420 Q31 V17
GPA: 3.2
WE:Business Development (Finance)
Send PM
Yeah I have the same question
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Anyone goy a interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
prakhar2905 wrote:
Anyone goy a interview invite?

Not yet. Last year it seems like the first batch came out 8 days after the deadline at like 5:30 Pacific time. Which would be in like 45 minutes if they follow the trend.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
I305 wrote:
Not yet. Last year it seems like the first batch came out 8 days after the deadline at like 5:30 Pacific time. Which would be in like 45 minutes if they follow the trend.

So it means today who apply for round 1 can expect to receive the interview invite?
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
shwetasood wrote:
hi i had a query, i am aiming to apply for UCLA’s MSBA program but i have no full time work experience, do internships and other activities count?

Hi shwetasood,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes; your internships and extra-curricular activities will help you add talking points to your profile; to that extent, these will help add value. You must focus on showcasing the qualities that the school would like to see through these experiences so as to make the most of what you have.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Anyone have any idea about when invites are gonna start?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
hhdr97 wrote:
Anyone have any idea about when invites are gonna start?

Posted from my mobile device

Based on past years we're in the zone where they typically start. Doesn't seem to be a super consistent amount of time after apps are due, some years the first invites go out as early as 8 days some closer to 2 weeks. I'd say almost certainly by the end of the week, could be as soon as today. Usually they seem to go out at the end of the day Pacific time (5:30ish) and roll for a couple of months.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24