GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Nov 2019, 23:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
BSchool Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 132
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 00:33
Hi ConsultingGuy0543, I did experience a very slow response rate while the preview uploads but did not notice any blurriness once it had loaded completely. Perhaps, it isn't completely loading in your case.

ConsultingGuy0543 wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone been experiencing issues where they see their application document uploads (for example, resume) appear blurry in the preview tool?

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
Applying to Michigan Ross?
Keep up with all the updates on this thread.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.


My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
BSchool Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 132
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 07:22
1
Ten days to go for R1 deadlines! Who's ready? How are your applications coming along? Feel free to discuss your doubts, everyone :)
_________________
Applying to Michigan Ross?
Keep up with all the updates on this thread.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.


My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 21:36
Hi Experts,

I had a query on the Ross essay prompts.

The essays are to be answered in 100 words or less. Does this count also include the question prompt.

For e.g, if I choose the prompt "I was challenged when", would I have to count these 4 words in the 100 word limit as well?
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4273
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 21:38
2
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18372
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 21:40
1
If you’re cutting it close, you can creatively try to save the word limit by starting your essay with “my greatest challenge came right after my promotion” or Something along those lines that makes your subject pretty clear.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 21:54
That's very helpful! Thank you experts :)
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18372
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 21:56
Mon16 wrote:
That's very helpful! Thank you experts :)


I see you’re also active in the Fuqua thread. Is your top choice Ross or Fuqua? :-)

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 23:03
Yes that's right bb :)
They are my top choices. Although I'm quite anxious about my GMAT score (710 - Q49, V38, IR8, AWA6), considering the average GMAT is much higher for these schools.


bb wrote:
Mon16 wrote:
That's very helpful! Thank you experts :)


I see you’re also active in the Fuqua thread. Is your top choice Ross or Fuqua? :-) I

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 132
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 03:56
Mon16 Adding a couple of points to what bb and souvik101990 mentioned:

  • I remember from the AdCom webinars that they are okay if you run over the limits by a few words (within reason, that should mean 3-4 words). So, if including the prompt pushes you over by that much, you should be fine. (Though Souvik's right, there's always room to edit!)
  • Even if after all the editing, you can't seem to stop yourself from scoring a century, it's okay! Since, you are required to create a PDF of your responses and upload it, unlike a text field within the form that usually restricts typing beyond the word count, it won't be a make or break situation.

All the best with your application!

Mon16 wrote:
Hi Experts,

I had a query on the Ross essay prompts.

The essays are to be answered in 100 words or less. Does this count also include the question prompt.

For e.g, if I choose the prompt "I was challenged when", would I have to count these 4 words in the 100 word limit as well?

_________________
Applying to Michigan Ross?
Keep up with all the updates on this thread.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.


My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 05:59
Thank you. This was very helpful.
variantguy wrote:
Mon16 Adding a couple of points to what bb and souvik101990 mentioned:

  • I remember from the AdCom webinars that they are okay if you run over the limits by a few words (within reason, that should mean 3-4 words). So, if including the prompt pushes you over by that much, you should be fine. (Though Souvik's right, there's always room to edit!)
  • Even if after all the editing, you can't seem to stop yourself from scoring a century, it's okay! Since, you are required to create a PDF of your responses and upload it, unlike a text field within the form that usually restricts typing beyond the word count, it won't be a make or break situation.

All the best with your application!

Mon16 wrote:
Hi Experts,

I had a query on the Ross essay prompts.

The essays are to be answered in 100 words or less. Does this count also include the question prompt.

For e.g, if I choose the prompt "I was challenged when", would I have to count these 4 words in the 100 word limit as well?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 06:05
souvik101990
bb

I have a follow up question regarding the Second Ross Essay:

Michigan Ross is a place where people from all backgrounds with different career goals can thrive. Please share your short-term career goal. Why is this career goal right for you? (300 words)

I have found some conflicting essay tips (various forums) on the "Why Ross?" part of this essay.

The essay presumably is asking "What is your goal? Why and/or How is your chosen career path right for you?". I believe the previous year essays specifically asked "Why Ross?". I'm in a dilemma as to how much of my essay should focus on the Why Ross aspect and how much should talk about Why this goal is right for me.

Would highly appreciate your thoughts on this.

souvik101990 wrote:
No. Treat them as if you’re finishing the sentence. I’d feel free to use 100 words but to be honest you should be able to cut down a 100 word essay to a 96 word essay with some fine tooth combing!!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4273
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 06:32
1
That's a great question, and there's no right answer to the question. My advice would be to be clever in how you are positioning the "why this goal is the best for me" question to tie in specific Ross elements. For example, this is what I would write (of course I am sleep deprived and tired so I could write better!).

Post-MBA, I want to join Microsoft or Amazon as a Product Manager. My background in product design and engineering has prepared me well to create compelling product strategy, and opportunities at Ross including a tech-focused MAP and the Zell Lurie Commercialization Fund will help me learn the business side of creating successful products. Becoming a product manager at a big tech company is especially important for me to achieve my long term goal of becoming a product leader in a smaller and niche AI/Could startups such as Clinq or Crowdstrike. Navigating a company like Microsoft in intricate cross-functional capacities in engineering, design, sales, marketing and legal will prepare me well in scale-opportunities in product-focused startups.
_________________
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 06:41
Great! Thanks a lot souvik101990 :)

Pretty sure you'd get reaccepted even with an essay you typed out half-asleep! :lol:

Thank you for taking out the time on a school day to help me out. Cheers!

souvik101990 wrote:
That's a great question, and there's no right answer to the question. My advice would be to be clever in how you are positioning the "why this goal is the best for me" question to tie in specific Ross elements. For example, this is what I would write (of course I am sleep deprived and tired so I could write better!).

Post-MBA, I want to join Microsoft or Amazon as a Product Manager. My background in product design and engineering has prepared me well to create compelling product strategy, and opportunities at Ross including a tech-focused MAP and the Zell Lurie Commercialization Fund will help me learn the business side of creating successful products. Becoming a product manager at a big tech company is especially important for me to achieve my long term goal of becoming a product leader in a smaller and niche AI/Could startups such as Clinq or Crowdstrike. Navigating a company like Microsoft in intricate cross-functional capacities in engineering, design, sales, marketing and legal will prepare me well in scale-opportunities in product-focused startups.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 11:17
1
souvik101990

Apologies. Some more follow-up clarifications:

I understand that the Adcoms are trying to understand me (as a whole, personality-wise) with the 3 essay prompts. Having said that, I find myself leaning more towards personal experiences (extra-curriculars, life etc) for all three prompts. My question is - how important is it to infuse professional experiences into these prompts? I do have professional examples ready, however I feel that my personal experiences carry more value, feel and impact.

Secondly, for the "I am out of my comfort zone when..." prompt, which of these 2 options is the way to go:
1. An instance when I was out of my comfort zone? Which basically translates the question into "I was out of my comfort zone when..." (This is what soojin did here -https://michiganross.umich.edu/programs/full-time-mba/admissions-blog/2018/08/13/how-admissions-director-would-answer-michigan-ross)

2. A situation which puts me out of my comfort zone in general. Again, here, do we also have to mention an example of such a situation I faced?

Thanks in advance!
Tuck School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 34
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2019, 17:19
1
Submitted today. I experienced the same issue with blurriness regarding the preview tool, but I imagine that is due to the tool and not the actual PDF. I believe they will have the actual file which will be crystal clear.
BSchool Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 132
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2019, 17:29
Congratulations BingingOnNetflix and all the best with the next stages! :)

I think it's probably an issue with the preview tool and not the actual file, as you mentioned. In either case, should any PDF itself have any issues, they will probably reach out to you. :thumbup:

BingingOnNetflix wrote:
Submitted today. I experienced the same issue with blurriness regarding the preview tool, but I imagine that is due to the tool and not the actual PDF. I believe they will have the actual file which will be crystal clear.

_________________
Applying to Michigan Ross?
Keep up with all the updates on this thread.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.


My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
BSchool Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 132
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2019, 07:57
5

Interview invite update for those who applied in R1



Hello everyone! To help calm some nerves and give you an idea of when to expect a decision on R1 interview calls, I had a chat with Meredith Hartmann, Associate Director, Full-time MBA Admissions and this is what she told me today:

"We are very excited to start reading applications - it does take a couple of days to get all the information synced, but reading is going to begin either today or the beginning of next week. We are working on an email to all R1 applicants that will go out shortly, but I can definitely share that we aim to get interview invites out on October 22."

I will keep you all posted on any further updates!

Cheers!
_________________
Applying to Michigan Ross?
Keep up with all the updates on this thread.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.


My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2019
Posts: 7
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GRE 1: Q157 V160
GPA: 3.83
WE: Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 12:10
Anyone know what time historically Ross invites go out? I will be traveling so want to make sure I'm somewhere with a wifi connection on the 22nd.
BSchool Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 132
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 12:43
Our resident Rosser souvik101990 might be able to shed some light on this :)

alyssaposk wrote:
Anyone know what time historically Ross invites go out? I will be traveling so want to make sure I'm somewhere with a wifi connection on the 22nd.

_________________
Applying to Michigan Ross?
Keep up with all the updates on this thread.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.


My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
BSchool Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 132
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2019, 01:34
Hello everyone! The applicant numbers in the decision tracker seem to be way lower compared to previous years, but there's no reason to believe that Ross's popularity is following the same trend! :) I urge all of you to keep updating the decision tracker as you progress in your application, as the data also benefits the larger GMATClub community! :thumbup:

variantguy wrote:
Welcome all Ross class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

Ross Application Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis

Ross 2020 App Status Tracker | Add your name to the tracker



_________________
Applying to Michigan Ross?
Keep up with all the updates on this thread.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.


My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 11 Oct 2019, 01:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 93 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne