It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 17:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Ross Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2016, 02:53

!
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for Michigan Ross applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

Hi
I am an Indian female with an engineering background. I will be applying to B schools in US this year for a two year MBA program. I am looking for a profile evaluation so that I can find the best fit and shortlist schools that I have a chance of getting into. I hope to specialize in Operations/Supply Chain/Consulting. Please evaluate my profile for Michigan Ross.

GMAT: 720 (49Q/40V)
GPA: 3.63 (9.08/10)
Degree: B.Tech(Information Technology) from VIT University,Vellore
Experience: 2 years in an IT firm as a software developer
Extracurricular: I have some experience working as a volunteer for various events in college , serving as an NSS volunteer, etc. But I don't have any experience in leadership/managerial roles.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Re: Ross Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2016, 08:44
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi there. You have a good profile with the hard stats that you need (i.e. GMAT and GPA). A few things:

2 years experience is not enough to be considered. Is that how much experience you currently have? How many years experience will you have by the start of the program (September of 2017 if you're applying this fall)? You should have AT LEAST 3 years experience by the start of the program.

Have you received any promotions at your work? That will help. AdComs want to see growth.

Your volunteer experience from college will be given very little consideration. The volunteer/community service activities that you should highlight are those that you've participated in after college because that's what AdComs are interested in see. Does your work leave you with enough time to get involved in community service/volunteer activities? Are there opportunities at your work to do this? Sometimes companies have internal committees that plan community giveback events.

Also, extracurricular doesn't just apply to volunteer activities. Do you have any hobbies? In addition to volunteering/dedicating time to improving your community, AdComs want to see that you have a personality. Are there things that you're passionate about? For example, do you play an instrument regularly? Do you play sports? Do you participate in any cultural groups?

I think that, depending on your story/essays/life experience, you have a chance at Ross based on your stats alone. Your weaknesses are your lack of work experience (assuming you will only have 2 yrs by matriculation) and your lack of meaningful extracurriculars, both of which could prevent you from getting accepted.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Re: Ross Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2016, 01:22
Hi
Yes,my work experience will be 3 years by the time I join.
I do not have much to show in terms of volunteer or community activities.
As far as hobbies are concerned, I like writing. And I have a fair share of participation in cultural activities too.
I would not be able to produce certificates or proofs for all,though. Is that necessary ?

Posted from my mobile device

Re: Ross Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 25 May 2016, 01:22