Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Ross Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
hiteshdusseja:

You have a very attractive profile for Ross. I see good depth in work experience, solid extracurricular activities and overall solid technical credentials.

I am less thrilled with your career goals. Since those are fungible, I would try to find a short-term and long-term path that are a bit more unique. MBB short-term is really hackneyed. Your long-term goal is too vague as described. You are going to need a clear and well thought out vision for Ross, especially given the nature of their essay questions.

If you would like to speak with a member of my team regarding your upcoming application, please reach out for a free consultation using this link below:

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: Ross Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
hiteshdusseja wrote:
Hi
I would appreciate if someone can evaluate my profile for Michigan Ross MBA.

Background - Indian, Male, 28
GMAT - 710 (Q47, V40, IR 8)
Educational Background - Chartered Accountant (Cleared all levels in first attempt) - Equivalent to US CPA
Total Work experience - 6.5 Years

Job 1 - Risk consulting in one of big 4s (Associate consultant & Consultant) - 2.5 Years
Conducting consulting engagements for clients in Oil & Gas Industry in India & Malaysia to identify the revenue leakages, supply chain efficiency, Sales & Marketing spends effectiveness, Logistics cost control. Also operated Program Management Office for Largest Tree Plantation drive by forest department (~5 crore saplings were planted in 24 hours) of one of the states in India (Appointed as consultant by Guiness Book of Records)

Job 2 - Management Consulting in Boutique consulting firm based out of Mumbai – 3 Years
Reason for change - Wanted to work in space which would have greater impact on business and which would give me multiple opportunities to enhance my problem solving skills.
Key projects include -
Project 1 - Worked in Founder's office of a unicorn startup operating in cab business. Improved driver partner experience on the platform by 30 points. Solved various issues faced by partners by implementing new payment gateway options, revising business policies, etc.
Project 2 - Worked with a real estate company. Helped client to improve sales by 33% Month on month in the sustenance projects by strategizing and implementing various initiatives.
Project 3 – Worked for the Pharma company to help the client reduce the market expiry of the products. Optimized supply chain to reduce market expiry from 3% to 1%
Project 4 – Estimated Market size and growth for the diagnostics company.
Project 5 – Provided Go – No go decision to the Chemical company for launching novel chemical to treat waste water.

Job 3 – Management Consulting in Big 4 (Ongoing) – 8 months so far
Project 1 – Customer experience improvement by digital transformation of the complete customer journey for the Automotive OEM in India.

Extra-curricular activities
Sports & Passion projects
1. Co founded mountain biking club in suburbs of Mumbai.
2. Organized National level races with approximately 85 participants from across India (participants count was high even considering it’s a niche sport in India)
3. Onboarded various sponsors during racing events
4. Built various mountain biking trails to support the sport and the community

Volunteering
1. Volunteered for India’s largest stationery kit distribution drive

Post MBA Goals
1. Short term - Work in top consulting firms (MBB) globally to enhance my problem solving skills and help clients grown in their respective industries
2. Long term – Work in various leadership roles in consumer facing industry (Tech product, Automotive, FMCG)

hiteshdusseja:
Am in 100% agreement with Admissionado. Depth in your WE, but shallowness in your career goals. Besides your Career Goals would do very well to be aligned well.

Connect and ping me on LinkedIn to reach out for a free session.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
SCrimson wrote:

!
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for Michigan Ross applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

Hi
I am an Indian female with an engineering background. I will be applying to B schools in US this year for a two year MBA program. I am looking for a profile evaluation so that I can find the best fit and shortlist schools that I have a chance of getting into. I hope to specialize in Operations/Supply Chain/Consulting. Please evaluate my profile for Michigan Ross.

GMAT: 720 (49Q/40V)
GPA: 3.63 (9.08/10)
Degree: B.Tech(Information Technology) from VIT University,Vellore
Experience: 2 years in an IT firm as a software developer
Extracurricular: I have some experience working as a volunteer for various events in college , serving as an NSS volunteer, etc. But I don't have any experience in leadership/managerial roles.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Background and nationality : Indian Male IT (Innovation with ML/AI)
Undergrad Information :Tier 1 Top 10 Indian college, GPA - 3
GMAT: 750 (Q50,V41) AWA6 IR7
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.
Post MBA goals : Tech Management

Admission Consultant
Send PM
IndianMLMentor750 wrote:
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.

IndianMLMentor750
You have the basics for a top tier school. The specifics would matter a lot though, both in your work exp (employer profile, role etc), and in your Extra Curriculars

Feel free to connect for a free 45 min session.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Male IT with 6 years of experience working in Top financial company as VP engineering.

Planning for mba part time with gmat waiver.
UG at JNTU hyderabad gpa 3.5
Master's from USA gpa 3.0

what are the chances ?
Admission Consultant
Send PM
addakatlahemanth wrote:
Male IT with 6 years of experience working in Top financial company as VP engineering.

Planning for mba part time with gmat waiver.
UG at JNTU hyderabad gpa 3.5
Master's from USA gpa 3.0

what are the chances ?

Assuming you have at least average extra curriculars and a decent set of promotions/ career trajectory, you can look at chances of scholarships with top schools for part time MBA.

For a personalized profile assessment, please connect and ping on my LinkedIn. (linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/)

Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
IndianMLMentor750:

From what you have disclosed, it appears you will be a good candidate for Ross. The key is to properly capturing your strengths in work experience and extracurricular leadership in both the essays and your CV/resume. You have to tell a clear and convincing narrative or you will get lost in the shuffle, especially coming from a competitive demographic.

Please let us know if you are interested in consulting services for your upcoming Ross application. We would be happy to offer you a free consultation. Register for one using this link on our website:

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi IndianMLMentor750,

Thank you for sharing your profile. On the surface, your profile appears to be in good shape. To begin with, your GMAT score and, notably, your quant score is outstanding. Congrats! You appear to have a perfect overall score balance, thus, this section is pretty sorted.

On the work front, you haven't shared much about your work experience, but I presume three years of experience will help bring a responsible and impactful leader in you. Ross wants its applicants to understand who they are and what they can bring to the table, as well as their impact on the work, their successes, and the leadership role they have performed. You must include all of these in your application. I notice you have led a team and mentored over 100 students; if explained well, will help you cover these values.

When explaining your ECs, you might mention your experience working with an NGO and how it impacted your personality. Your post-MBA goals make sense, but you should elaborate more. You will also need to bring what skills you believe are lacking in your current profile and how Ross will assist you in acquiring those skills to achieve your desired goal.

Overall, you have a strong profile and a good shot at Ross. However, we would like to learn more about your profile to assess your chances properly. Your profile is more than just work experience and GMAT score. If you’d like, we are happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances at Ross. Feel free to schedule a call with us at your convenience.

Hear from the AdComs: Tips to break into MBB Consulting & Finance

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources.

IndianMLMentor750 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Please evaluate my profile

Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a Category Lead - Founder's Office in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

*Leading Team and Customer Strategy: As a seasoned professional, I have led a diverse team of 50 individuals across three verticals: Category Management, Operations, and B2B Partnerships. By fostering collaboration and utilizing my expertise in customer strategy, I have successfully conceptualized and executed end-to-end strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and drive business growth.
*Career Coaching and Student Mentorship: I formalized and mentored a team of career coaches to ensure effective guidance and support for students. By understanding their program outcomes, I facilitated a productive learning environment and helped students achieve their goals.
*Profit and Loss Management: I have demonstrated expertise in managing portfolios with a monthly turnover of over 4 Crores INR. By leveraging my financial acumen, I effectively handled profit and loss responsibilities, optimizing financial outcomes and ensuring sustainable growth.
*Sales Collaboration and Performance Tracking: Collaborating closely with the sales team, I actively tracked their performance and provided valuable inputs to increase product sales. By aligning sales strategies with overall business objectives, I fostered a revenue-focused environment and achieved exceptional results.
Product Launch and Business Development: I played a pivotal role in launching new products, including courses, an online testing platform, and white-labeled products. Through comprehensive market research and strategic planning, I successfully expanded the product portfolio and drove revenue growth.
*Strategic Partnerships: I have built strong partnerships with renowned international clients in the education industry, such as Coursera and Springboard. Additionally, I collaborated with top management colleges in India, including XLRI, IIMs, IMTs, and IMIs, to foster mutually beneficial relationships and drive business expansion.
*Business Strategy and Content Management: I formulated comprehensive business strategies, optimizing content quality management processes to meet the evolving needs of educators and customers. By leveraging my expertise in content and curriculum design, I facilitated productive interactions and enhanced customer satisfaction.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
somubarua13:

You have some really great qualities to make for a solid profile.

It's hard to tell if the last section is about extracurricular activities. Is it all one contribution? If so, you might want to build out your involvement across several endeavors. Also, some of the things you put down here are a bit "softer" in achievement. You need more verifiable/quantitative results.

While you are more than entitled to apply to Ross in the fall, you might be better off waiting another year or two. You're on the younger side. You would be a stronger candidate with some more work experience and extracurricular achievements.

Also, GMAT score is very good but at least another 20 points would really help. Plus, it would help your candidacy with other schools as well.

We are happy to chat if you are serious about applying this year. Please reach out for a free consultation:

-Admissionado
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619681 [0]
Given Kudos: 81613
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ross Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.