Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:24 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Ross Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Background:
White Male (US Citizen)
Age 28
GMAT 760 (Q49, V44)

Industry: Business Planning Analyst at a publicly-traded telecom company.

Education:
B.A. in Economics/Public Policy, 3.4, from a small liberal arts college. I have some Cs and two Ds. I plan to explain that I am more mature now than I was in my late teens/early twenties, and I now work hard to succeed even when something is challenging (will relate to WE and Python certificate program that I will mention below).

Work Experience:
Total 5 years (3 years at a back/mid office corporate finance position, previous 2 years at other less senior corporate finance positions at other companies).

Main accomplishments:
• Stewarded enhanced monthly capital expenses deck, providing a comprehensive summary of all relevant KPIs for over $100 million in annual spending
• Regularly interfaced with sales leadership to provide comprehensive pricing analysis for numerous fiber construction bids valued in excess of $3 million each
• Built comprehensive KPI model for Dallas fiber footprint, allowing executives to easily access and interpret granular level data for projects generating more than $7 million in annual revenue
• Developed Python-based query of key revenue metrics, exponentially reducing the preparation times of various revenue reports

Extracurriculars – Stand Up Comedy (took a class and performed at two amateur shows in front of 100+ people), non-credit diploma in Python programming from NYU SPS, chess (played for years, took a break from 2015-2020, but resumed tournaments right before COVID), volunteering at a soup kitchen. In college, I was the founder and president of the chess club.

Post MBA Goal: Management consulting in NYC.

I think I can make a compelling case for my WE, even if it's hardly riveting. My UG performance is definitely a weakness, although the my GPA is only slightly below their average and is offset by a strong GMAT. Thanks!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Ross Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi mc93,

Your profile seems good. I can find many good things in your profile but it’s important for me to understand your post-MBA goals better in order to determine your fit to Ross from every possible lens.

Ross evaluates the candidates’ potential based on the following attributes:

1. Self Awareness
2. Impact
3. TeamworkTeam work
4. Academics

Ross does not want you to move mountains but does require its students to know clearly who they are, what they want and what they can bring on the table. So I suggest you exhibit the challenges you have dealt with on professional and personal levels and how they shaped your personality.

Your work experience and accomplishments are prominent. Emphasize your impact on work, your achievements, and the leadership experiences you have had. Your problem-solving quality is appreciable and can be one of your selling points. You should bring the limelight on it and connect it to Ross’ values and goals.

Your ECs are pretty unique especially that you have done standup comedy which also illustrates your strong presentation skills. You are a chess player and playing chess exemplifies your strong decision-making skills. Do exhibit your passion towards these and how they impacted you, your growth and your personality. Your ECs will nurture your overall profile.

Also, your GMAT score of 760 and your overall profile can compensate well for your low GPA. I think Fuqua should also be on your bucket list when it comes to consulting as a Post-MBA goal. But to better determine your fit to Ross and suggest more schools, I need to know your story, goals and preferences better. If you’d like, I am happy to hop on a call with you sometimes this week to discuss your chances in detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

mc93 wrote:
Background:
White Male (US Citizen)
Age 28
GMAT 760 (Q49, V44)

Education:
B.A. in Economics/Public Policy, 3.4, from a small liberal arts college. I have some Cs and two Ds. I plan to explain that I am more mature now than I was in my late teens/early twenties, and I now work hard to succeed even when something is challenging (will relate to WE and Python certificate program that I will mention below).

Work Experience:
Total 5 years (3 years at a back/mid office corporate finance position, previous 2 years at other less senior corporate finance positions at other companies).

Main accomplishments:
• Stewarded enhanced monthly capital expenses deck, providing a comprehensive summary of all relevant KPIs for over $100 million in annual spending
• Regularly interfaced with sales leadership to provide comprehensive pricing analysis for numerous fiber construction bids valued in excess of $3 million each
• Built comprehensive KPI model for Dallas fiber footprint, allowing executives to easily access and interpret granular level data for projects generating more than $7 million in annual revenue
• Developed Python-based query of key revenue metrics, exponentially reducing the preparation times of various revenue reports

Extracurriculars – Stand Up Comedy (took a class and performed at two amateur shows in front of 100+ people), non-credit diploma in Python programming from NYU SPS, chess (played for years, took a break from 2015-2020, but resumed tournaments right before COVID), volunteering at a soup kitchen. In college, I was the founder and president of the chess club.

I think I can make a compelling case for my WE, even if it's hardly riveting. My UG performance is definitely a weakness, although the my GPA is only slightly below their average and is offset by a strong GMAT. Thanks!
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi mc93,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. Also, congrats on a 760 GMAT! From what you describe, you have a compelling narrative and showcase teamwork in your role at the telecom. I would encourage you to think further about your journey and present it to the admission team. I like to think the application is an invitation to join your story - showcasing to the adcom the role they are to play in your long-term development. Therefore, think about where you see yourself contributing beyond your management consulting in NYC and how Ross will play a role there.

If you would like to further discuss your background, I encourage you to reach out for an exploratory consultation: https://www.siaadmissions.com/complimen ... nsultation.

Good luck!

Susan

mc93 wrote:
Background:
White Male (US Citizen)
Age 28
GMAT 760 (Q49, V44)

Education:

Work Experience:

Main accomplishments:

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Hello Sir/Madam,

It would really help me if you can take a few minutes to go through my profile and help me evaluate my changes of a fit into the UMich Ross.

My profile at a glance :

Nationality : Indian

Higher Secondary : 9.7/10
Senior Secondary : 97.8%
B.Tech : Computer Science Engineer. CGPA 8.72/10. VIT University. One of the top 20 Engineering schools in India. Initially was too focused on Entrepreneurship hence had a low GPA but once I realised I wanted to go for higher studies, I put my whole and soul into studies with the last two semesters giving me 9.5/10 and 9.8/10 in GPA.

GMAT : 730 Q50 V39 IR6 AWA4

Internships: 2
JPS Precast : Business development associate intern.
Novartis : Summer Intern.

Work Experience : 31 months at Novartis(Pharmaceutical Industry). 12 months as an Associate, 16 months as an Analyst and 3 months as a Manager.

Impact at work :
1. 2 promotions in 2 years. Currently performing the role of a Digital Operations Manager(Need a minimun exp of 5 years. So probably the youngest in the firm).
2. Represented my firm at the Bio Asia Conference.
3. Was part of the young leaders connect with the CEO.
4. Youngest person to receive the Above and Beyond Gold award.
5. Winner of the CIE - IIIT Medtech Hackathon. Developed a quantifiable mechanism to track the progress of alzheimers and the impact of medicine in curbing the same. Was offered an opporunity with a seed fund to take the idea forward. Could not because the the idea belongs to the firm since we represented the firm.
6. Part of a major initiative to completely transform the way patients are hired for clinical trials. Currently active in 3 different countries and very soon to expand to most of Europe and Americas.
7. Part of the first team of college graduates ever to convert the internship at the firm.
8. Led a team of 4 in streamlining the process to induct fresh grads into the firm and was part of the hiring team as well.
9. Organised several events for the firm both in the cultural and team building space.

Most Impactful achievement :
Developed a platform that automates the documentation required while recording clinical trials. The tools saves almost 2000 hours per annum. And it is currently used by almost 80% of trials in the organisation. Given that COVID has halted most of the work around the globe, this tool saw tremendous traction and really made an impact in the way clinical trials are documented. Given that clinical trials consume the most amount of time in a for a drug to release into the market, it made a huge difference that too with COVID all around.

Accomplishments outside work:
Gained admission to one of the most competetive high schools in the country with a merit scholarship. The conversion rate of which is 8%.
Won INSPIRE scholarship for being in the top 1% of students in Senior Secondary.
Organised and oversaw the execution of Kids festival, probably the first of its kind for a public school children, which saw several dignitaries attending and it soon got expanded in scope to several other schools.

Extracurriculars/Hobbies :
I am the founder/author of a Familial Public Charity trust and we try to provide for the educational requirements of the less previleged.
I am also one of the co founders of an agricultural startup with a business turover of almost $100k in the very first year and employing more than 20 employees.
I really love to Fish and travel.
Was part of a NGOs while in college.

Thats pretty much on a high level about me. I would really appreciate if you could tell me what are my chances with the likes of Ross. I am looking to go into consulting post my MBA.

Thank you for your time and inputs in this regard.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello avinash1105,
You have a very impressive profile and with your achievements at such a young age. Starting from academics, your CGPA of 8.72, along with INSPIRE scholarship, establishes your academic prowess. You have lot to say about growth and impact at work, which any B-school looks for in its candidates. I am sure you will be able to even better quantify your achievements in depth post some discussion.
You have also made quite an impact outside of work too with your EC and Volunteering activities. One thing I am more curious to learn is about your startup where you employ 20 people and has a turnover of $100k and how you have been able to manage it along with your regular job.
As for your GMAT, from my experience, Ross favors candidates with a higher GMAT score, especially from your demography and pool. There are other higher ranked schools than Ross such as Kellogg and Booth that will look at your profile with the current GMAT score more favorably. Are you looking at other schools or Ross is your top choice for a reason? Having said that, you have an amazing profile, and very strong chances of getting into some of the M7 and Ross too even with the current GMAT score.
Make sure you position yourself and your achievements and impact well through your essays.

avinash1105 wrote:
Hello Sir/Madam,

It would really help me if you can take a few minutes to go through my profile and help me evaluate my changes of a fit into the UMich Ross.

My profile at a glance :

B.Tech : Computer Science Engineer. CGPA 8.72/10. VIT University. One of the top 20 Engineering schools in India. Initially was too focused on Entrepreneurship hence had a low GPA but once I realised I wanted to go for higher studies, I put my whole and soul into studies with the last two semesters giving me 9.5/10 and 9.8/10 in GPA.

Work Experience : 31 months at Novartis(Pharmaceutical Industry). 12 months as an Associate, 16 months as an Analyst and 3 months as a Manager.

Impact at work :
1. 2 promotions in 2 years. Currently performing the role of a Digital Operations Manager(Need a minimun exp of 5 years. So probably the youngest in the firm).
5. Winner of the CIE - IIIT Medtech Hackathon. Developed a quantifiable mechanism to track the progress of alzheimers and the impact of medicine in curbing the same. Was offered an opporunity with a seed fund to take the idea forward. Could not because the the idea belongs to the firm since we represented the firm.
6. Part of a major initiative to completely transform the way patients are hired for clinical trials. Currently active in 3 different countries and very soon to expand to most of Europe and Americas.
7. Part of the first team of college graduates ever to convert the internship at the firm.
8. Led a team of 4 in streamlining the process to induct fresh grads into the firm and was part of the hiring team as well.
9. Organised several events for the firm both in the cultural and team building space.

Developed a platform that automates the documentation required while recording clinical trials. The tools saves almost 2000 hours per annum. And it is currently used by almost 80% of trials in the organisation. Given that COVID has halted most of the work around the globe, this tool saw tremendous traction and really made an impact in the way clinical trials are documented. Given that clinical trials consume the most amount of time in a for a drug to release into the market, it made a huge difference that too with COVID all around.

Gained admission to one of the most competetive high schools in the country with a merit scholarship. The conversion rate of which is 8%.
Won INSPIRE scholarship for being in the top 1% of students in Senior Secondary.
Organised and oversaw the execution of Kids festival, probably the first of its kind for a public school children, which saw several dignitaries attending and it soon got expanded in scope to several other schools.

I am the founder/author of a Familial Public Charity trust and we try to provide for the educational requirements of the less previleged.
I am also one of the co founders of an agricultural startup with a business turover of almost $100k in the very first year and employing more than 20 employees.

Thats pretty much on a high level about me. I would really appreciate if you could tell me what are my chances with the likes of Ross. I am looking to go into consulting post my MBA.

Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi avinash1105,

Thank you for sharing your profile. I must say at such a young age, you have a wonderful profile! Keep hustling! ;) Talking about your academics, they're good and your GMAT score is boosting your overall academics, so this part is sorted.

On the work front, I can see some good elements that can help you create great stories, as well as a fast career trajectory that leads to your growth in the organization. You have served in various roles (in startups as well) that demonstrate your ability to adapt and succeed. Speak about your experience at the Bio Asia conference, learnings from it, and try to bring in a global perspective from this exposure. Display your accomplishment as the youngest person to win a Gold award, this speaks loud and clear about your potential. I can see a stint of leadership here and some interpersonal experience as well, this will add flavour to your profile and bring out your lively personality as ROSS is very interested in knowing what their candidates are and what they bring to the table.

Your work to automate clinical trials and to develop a platform are the major achievements in your profile and it is worth taking a special space. I'm sure you'll have great stories to dig out and exhibit in your apps in an impactful way. As Ross greatly wants to see the impact in one's profile, make sure you put the stories to life from both professional and personal experiences.

Ecs are very interesting and your involvement in a charity trust (as a founder) and a startup (co-founder) can give your profile a unique blend. Every school loves community involvement, and so does ROSS, especially when you have a purpose, so do exemplify it. Your love of fishing and travelling is pretty cool!

Overall, your profile has a good shot for Ross and as your post-MBA goal is consulting, you can also look for LBS and INSEAD. I don't see any red flags in your profile, now it's going to depend on how you deploy all your achievements, impacts and work experience and make good stories that will make a mark on adcoms. Also, I am keen to know which intake you are eyeing?

If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and recommend you b-schools that will be the best match for your profile and post-MBA goals. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

avinash1105 wrote:
Hello Sir/Madam,

My profile at a glance :

Impact at work :

Originally posted by MBAandBeyond on 19 Feb 2021, 03:47.
Last edited by MBAandBeyond on 19 Feb 2021, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
Thank you for your kind words. Well I am looking for a consulting school and assumed that given my GMAT score I dont stand a chance at the top ones. So limited the scope of my dreams to Ross, Darden, Anderson, Fuqua and Stern. As for how I manage the startup along with my job, this startup was formed last year during COVID along with another friend. we quickly set up a supply chain online to account for the demand and supply deficit for all the agricultural products existing between different regions. And with the world going online as well, our startup took off on a positive note. We currently are based out of a single state but we plan to, very soon, increase our reach to multiple states. Moreover, we have people who manage the daily chores for us, so that kind of keeps our involvement limited to finding new partners and making deals.

RUCHIPCONSULTING wrote:
Hello avinash1105,
You have a very impressive profile and with your achievements at such a young age. Starting from academics, your CGPA of 8.72, along with INSPIRE scholarship, establishes your academic prowess. You have lot to say about growth and impact at work, which any B-school looks for in its candidates. I am sure you will be able to even better quantify your achievements in depth post some discussion.
You have also made quite an impact outside of work too with your EC and Volunteering activities. One thing I am more curious to learn is about your startup where you employ 20 people and has a turnover of $100k and how you have been able to manage it along with your regular job.
As for your GMAT, from my experience, Ross favors candidates with a higher GMAT score, especially from your demography and pool. There are other higher ranked schools than Ross such as Kellogg and Booth that will look at your profile with the current GMAT score more favorably. Are you looking at other schools or Ross is your top choice for a reason? Having said that, you have an amazing profile, and very strong chances of getting into some of the M7 and Ross too even with the current GMAT score.
Make sure you position yourself and your achievements and impact well through your essays.

Originally posted by avinash1105 on 19 Feb 2021, 03:55.
Last edited by avinash1105 on 19 Feb 2021, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
Thank you for the feedback Shantanu. I have not yet decided when to apply as of now. I want to go with the 2022 intake but also am inclined towards the R3. For now I am focusing on stitching the individual components of my profile together to give the Adcoms a balanced picture. However, its my GMAT score that is my biggest fear. Coming from an over represented demography, I am not sure if 730 looks as appealing to the Adcoms as a 740 or 750 does. I just hope the rest of my profile improves my overall chances.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi avinash1105,

750 may look more appealing in your applications but believe me, it's not going to make a big difference in your candidacy! You may have heard the opposite, but it's not the GMAT that makes a difference! A 730 has already exhibited your academic potential and a 770 may give a Wow expression but that's it! Indians have higher competition, not because of scores but because they all have similar profiles and are not able to pitch how they can uniquely contribute to a school. Now, top business schools are giving a second thought to the relevance of the GMAT and here you are stuck for 20 points.

So, rather than fretting over 20+ points of GMAT (which will have a very, very limited impact), focus on finding your USPs and narrate every aspect of your application on those lines and believe me, (I know, again!) this is the most difficult and confusing part. But dig yourself as deeper as possible and try to peel layers to find the most authentic personality of yours.

Hope it helps! To give you more confidence over what I just said, here is a story of an Indian candidate who was a 690 GMAT and got into LBS with a 100% scholarship for a second MBA! Moreover, she had two years of gap in her profile! But all that matters, in the end, is YOU.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Schedule a free session

avinash1105 wrote:
Thank you for the feedback Shantanu. I have not yet decided when to apply as of now. I want to go with the 2022 intake but also am inclined towards the R3. For now I am focusing on stitching the individual components of my profile together to give the Adcoms a balanced picture. However, its my GMAT score that is my biggest fear. Coming from an over represented demography, I am not sure if 730 looks as appealing to the Adcoms as a 740 or 750 does. I just hope the rest of my profile improves my overall chances.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
avinash1105 wrote:
Hello Sir/Madam,
Hi @avinash1105, happy to provide a few more thoughts for you on Ross below.

My profile at a glance :

With this combo of work experience/grades/GMAT I would say you look a tiny bit short of the mark on just a first glance-- but that doesn't mean you could not crack the code. In your case however, I think time is your friend and I would wait until R1 2021 to apply as the extra work time will help your profile. I do think your work experience and impact with COVID trials and improving the process is such timely and important work and that might do it for you right there. So be sure to share your impact. In the meantime if you can bump up your GMAT even a tad more I think that could be very helpful for Ross. And I say this all while also acknowledging that a 730 is an awesome score for which you should not apoligize. That is a great score-- but for Ross admits from India there are many whith 750+ scores so if you have the time to bump it up and can-- you should. If you can't then just apply in R1 and be sure to do a lot of engagement with Ross along the way.

Impact at work :

This alone could help you stand out! Well done!!! And such important work-- be sure you explain somewhere-- whether in short essays or interview what you did to contribute here.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hello people, please help me clear this doubt

I am from India
I have completed my Btech in 4.5 years instead of 4 years in Jan 2021 (Started 2016)
• During my Btech, due to participation in as yearbook design head and few other reasons like (attending SSB interview 3 times for 10 days each, for few semesters, I have been absent in final exams or was restricted due to low attendance. In those subjects, I haven’t given the final exams. Those are marked as “N” grades in my grade sheets. Which are mentioned as incomplete courses/Absent courses and not failed courses. These are spread out across my whole Btech. Also, subjects where I have given Final exams and I have failed to clear are given by “F” grades. So, my doubt is
i have a very good profile with some great extra ordinary extra curricular, only thing i am lacking behind is the number of backlogs i am having in my Btech
History of F grades i have in Btech grade sheets:9
History of N grades i have in Btech grade sheets:22

Since N grades were marked as incomplete/absent courses will those be counted under backlogs or can i pas through this obstacle somehow?
i am specially trying for US and UK. So does colleges there consider absent courses as backlogs?
PS: i am a graduate now and i have cleared everything

also, i can mention medical conditions since the N grades are spread out across every semester in few of the subjects

thanks for the help in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Booth '26 (D)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.2
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Just thought i'd get a heads up on my profile and the kind of schools i should be applying to. Every year i start late and have been unable to apply for various reasons. Thought i'd get started early this year

GMAT - 750
Undergrad - 5.49 from a top 10 engineering college India(NIT)

6.5 years of work-ex - 2.5 in a tech startup, 4 in investment banking, 1.5 years of a break/gap, now working for a impact advisory/fund

Went from an intern to managing my own team within 2 years, to leading deals by the end of the fourth year. Organize technical seminars within the
organization(mid-market) , for students & colleges and also low-economic groups(helping them understand how economic policies affect their lives)

My goal is to shift from conventional i-banking to a more impact oriented role.

The colleges i thought i would look at like from least likely to a fair chance were Wharton, Columbia, NYU, Yale,Ross, Duke in the US. I'd love to hear your thoughts about my profile
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi agas2504,

Thank you for sharing your profile. It’s really good to start early with your application as you have to spend a couple of months just brainstorm the story’s theme and narrative. Coming to profile, your profile looks good on the surface. To begin with, your undergraduate GPA is on the low side. You can compensate for it with your GMAT score, which is competitive. You have an impressive 6.5 years of work experience. Working in startups would have undoubtedly helped you gain experience in a variety of company functions. You must include outstanding examples of impact, leadership, career progression, maturity, and innovation in your apps. You must justify the 1.5-year gap in your profile so that adcoms should not feel confused about your candidacy. What you can do is, describe what you did when you weren't working. Were you taking classes to improve your skills? Were you involved in community service? Or were you out and around networking and looking for a new job? The admission committee would look favorably on applicants who demonstrate courage, determination, and personal development when not working, so use the optional essay to tell your story.

I would like to know more about your profile, like your post-MBA goals in depth, roles and responsibilities you have undertaken, ECs if any, to give you a realistic assessment.

Overall, you have a good profile. To give guidance on schools, I'd like to learn about your post-MBA plans in detail. You mentioned an impact-oriented role, but exactly where do you want to go? Make your post-MBA goals more specific, such as what position you want to undertake and your long-term goals. You may not be expressly asked to do so, but it is worthwhile to consider how you can relate your aspirations to your prior experience and achievements. This will make the narrative more orderly, logical, and concise, something the admissions committee will undoubtedly appreciate.

If you need any direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and guide you wherever you are feeling stuck with your profile. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Let’s maximize your chances in Round 1 for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

agas2504 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Just thought i'd get a heads up on my profile and the kind of schools i should be applying to. Every year i start late and have been unable to apply for various reasons. Thought i'd get started early this year

GMAT - 750
Undergrad - 5.49 from a top 10 engineering college India(NIT)

6.5 years of work-ex - 2.5 in a tech startup, 4 in investment banking, 1.5 years of a break/gap, now working for a impact advisory/fund

Went from an intern to managing my own team within 2 years, to leading deals by the end of the fourth year. Organize technical seminars within the
organization(mid-market) , for students & colleges and also low-economic groups(helping them understand how economic policies affect their lives)

My goal is to shift from conventional i-banking to a more impact oriented role.

The colleges i thought i would look at like from least likely to a fair chance were Wharton, Columbia, NYU, Yale,Ross, Duke in the US. I'd love to hear your thoughts about my profile
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hey, There!
Background and nationality
My name is Vinay and I'm from Bangalore, India. I would be applying for my MBA request some input on my selection of universities. I've added the details of my profile as briefly as I could. My shortlist of colleges is given at the bottom of the comment. I'm also wondering if I should apply to universities, some advice from you.

GRE
- 330 (V-157; Q-170; AWA- 3)

Undergraduate

Completed my Bachelors of Business Administration from Alliance University, Bangalore in Finance with an aggregate of 81.5% ( First Class with Distinction) Top 5% of the class. With a GPA of 3.3/4.

Work Experience
4 of Years work-ex, with the deep domain of equity research and valuation.
-Equity Research Analyst at Sarthak Returns ( June 5th, 2017 – Date ) – Sarthak Returns is a Stock Market Advisory Company based in Bangalore. Responsibilities here include
- Technical Analysis, Fundamental Analysis, Equity Research, Proprietary trading, Handling clients accounts, Blog writing.Was Handling a team of 3 people directly reporting.
- I had 3 promotions in the last 4 years
- I Handle 4 people team where they report to me directly.
- I handle and manage clients directly.

Certifications

NSE Academy's Certified Investment Analyst Champion (NCIAC) & NCMP Level 3
NISM-Series-VIII: Equity Derivatives Certification Examination
NISM-Series-X-A: Investment Adviser (Level 1) Certification Examination
NISM-Series-X-B: Investment Adviser (Level 2) Certification Examination
NISM Series-XV: Research Analyst Certification Examination

Extra-Curricular Activities:

• Volunteer with Youth for Seva ( July 1st, 2016 – September 30th, 2016 ), a Non-Governmental Organisation. The work involved teaching Spoken English and Basic Computer Skills to Primary and Middle School children. This continues till date in a Part-time effect, with overall service time over **Five Hundred Hours**.
• Organised “Mock Stock”, a stock market simulator, in an inter-college event.
•Co-Founded a start-up in the college days - Started with the platform-based company for travel (Air and Bus) with Hotel booking. It was improved based on blind spots, Started renting out textbooks. That rented out students' old books and paid them a share of the earnings, thereby enabling students to make money off books they do not need.
•Co-Founded a niche-based stock research firm meanwhile I was working as an equity research analyst. The firm employs 15 people directly reporting. The firm name is Valuenomics Research
• Have pursued Young Leadership program from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, the program was for the one-year duration with blend learning from both online and offline.

Post MBA goals
Short Term
Work for Asset Management Company

Long Term
Become Fund Manager in Asset Management Company

Hobbies
Reading Books, Playing badminton, Networking with people who aren't like me at all
Please evaluate my profile so I know if I should try for LBS, I'd love to hear your thoughts about my profile?

**UNIVERSITY SHORTLIST**

**Ambitious**
- NYU – MBA
- Cornell -MBA
- Ross- MBA
- Duke -MBA
- ISB - MBA

**Conservative**
- Simon -MBA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Thanks for your feedback. I will really appreciate some insight into my chances.

Background and nationality: US Citizen (Originally from India)

Undergrad Information:
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 4.0, 2004, India
• ME in Aerospace Engineering, GPA: 3.8, 2009, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

GMAT: 730 (Q50, V40, IR 6)

Work experience and leadership:
• Currently working as a design lead at Ford Motor Company.
• Leading cross-functional teams including designers, finance, purchasing, plant quality engineers, and suppliers.
• 14 years of work experience in the automobile industry.

Post-MBA goals:
• Industry: Transportation, Automobile, EV-Autonomous vehicles, Consulting
• Area of focus: General Management, Operations, Manufacturing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
- clean up -

Originally posted by coffeeanddonuts on 14 Jun 2021, 09:32.
Last edited by coffeeanddonuts on 09 Jun 2022, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi everyone
Can anyone please evaluate my profile for me. I would really appreciate
I am a Vietnamese female with Accounting and Auditing background looking to apply for 2022 fall intake at Ross Michigan
Undergraduate: BA at B school in Vietnam( Banking academy)
GMAT: 650(Q49, V29). I am planing to retake Gmat next couple months before R1 deadline, target 710
GPA: 8.33/10- 3.35/4
Work experiences:
3,5 years work in banking field, 2 years work as RBO( retail banking officer) and 1,5 years work as Credit approval officer
I am currently off work, studying Chinese full time in China and preparing for MBA applications( last 1,5 year) . I am going to take HSK test for Mandarin Cert
Post MBA goals: Financial analyst
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   
Moderators:
MBA Section Director
438 posts
Ross & Kellogg Moderator
203 posts
49 posts