Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:57 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:57

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 19, 24
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 19, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interview took about 45 minutes Walk me through your resume Why MBA, why Ross and why now? Tell me about a time when you had to work with people from different backgrounds + some other behavioural stuff What's your leadership style What do you think you'll get out of an MBA How will you contribute to the Ross community"
This user wants to stay Private
4.7 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 17, 24
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 17, 24
"Recent alum; 45 minutes length; digged deeper into my career goals and recruiting plan. Behavioral questions caught me off guard a little bit; Asked several “what would you have done it differently” after my responses. 1. Tell me about yourself (I incorporated Why MBA in my response) 2. Why do you have to get an MBA in order to achieve your long-term goal? Isn’t the experience in your current position and country enough? 3. Why Ross? 4. Then some detailed recruiting-related questions, basically wanna see whether I understand the process and challenges and how I would leverage the school resources 5. Tell me a time when you faced an organizational change 6. Tell me a time when you faced conflicts and had to persuade someone 7. Tell me a time when you worked with someone from different backgrounds 8. Tell me a time when you had to be in an unpopular position in your workplace"
China
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 16, 24
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Serious in the beginning and couple of probing questions, was able to loosen up a little toward the end What are your goals and how will Ross help to achieve them (Follow-up 1) tell me more about the skill gaps that you mentioned (Follow-up 2) what is the second resource that you mentioned Tell me about your biggest professional acheivement Tell me about a time you lead a team Tell me about a time you got some tough feedback (Follow-up 3) how did you use particular framework to solve your problem Tell me about a time you had to work with someone from different cultural background Why did you chose to come to particular country and how did you adjust to the new culture? Any questions for me"
4 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 12, 23
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 21, 23
"I just had an interview with Ross alum interviewer based out of India. Questions he asked: 1. Introduce yourself 2. Why Ross mBa ? 3. Why second MBA? 4. TMAT you worked in a diverse group 5. Tell me about a time when you had no idea how to solve a client problem or project scope was very ambiguous 6. Tell me about a time you had to adapt in a personal situation. 7. What do you actually do when you face a overwhelming situation 8. Tell me about a time when you failed , were at an all time low and had to bounce back The interview lasted about 60 minutes."
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 22, 23
"Hi! I just had an interview with a 2009 alum. here's the summary- there were basic questions - tell me about yourself, goals, why mba, why now, why ross, how you'll contribute to ross also, there were a lot of questions around my work - different opinions, workplace conflicts, leading a team, convincing peers, convincing seniors"
India
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 25, 23
"Done with my interview. A 1980 pass-out with a successful career and senior position at Texas Instruments. It was a great conversation, 50 mins flew by. He had a genuine interest in knowing about me. 1. How did you end up at your first, second, and third jobs. 2. How will an MBA help you now? 3. Why Michigan? 4. Tell me about your experience moving to a new country. What struggles did you face? How did you become adaptable as a result of that? 5. Some follow-ups on challenges with learning a new language. (He had a similar experience in his career 6. I ended one previous question on an AI project I was working on. Asked me to elaborate on how I convinced my executives about investing in it. What made it happen? 7. What about a time when something didn’t work out? What did you learn from that experience? 8. How was the culture at my first company different from the culture at my current company? 9. Any questions for me."
India
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 25, 23
"Done with my Ross interview, it went like this: 1. Tell me about fintech, asked a follow up question 2. Why business school, why now and goals 3. Why Ross 4. TMAT where you had a different perspective 5. TMAT where you had to convince someone 6. TMAT where you had diversity and inclusion 7. Any questions …"
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 23
"I was Interviewed by a 2021 alum. Interview questions that I faced. 1. Tell me about yourself, and follow up questions related to work experiences. 2. Goals, why MBA, why Ross 3. TMAT when you worked on something with very less context, and had to do something unconventional to find your way. 4. TMAT when you managed individuals to achieving pre set objectives 5. TMAT when you had a conflict with someone, or a time when you had an unpopular opinion. How was the conflict resolved. 6. Talk about your approach to working in diverse groups and potential meaningful experiences"
India
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 23
"Hi, just finished my interview with a Chinese student who graduated in 2023. Super friendly vibe, loved the discussion. It was an hour long. Questions 1) introduction 2) why MBA 3) why ross 4) TMAT you made a decision with minimal information. What did you learn 5) TMAT you lead a team and challenges you faced 6) TMAT you had to talk and make a key connection with someone for your project. What impact did that have on the outcome? 7) TMAT you had a conflict with someone and what is the approach you took and if you could do it again, would you change anything? 8) short term long term goals 9) TMAT you got harsh feedback. How did you work on that feedback and what was the outcome? 10) why move to the west for an MBA? 11) questions for me"
India
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 29, 23
"Hi guys! I had my interview last night with an Indian American 2020 alum. She was very nice, and the conversation was about 40 minutes long. Questions 1) TMAY 2) Why MBA 3) Why Ross 4) TMAT you had to be adaptable. 5) TMAT you had to influence others 6) TMAT you had to be resilient 7) Questions for me"
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 29, 23
"Just completed my interview. Recent Alum. 32 mins and then I had 8 minutes to ask him questions TMAY Why MBA? Why Now? Why Ross? (Lumped it as 1 question) Moved jobs. How have you been able to build relationships as you have moved? Stated 3 things and gave examples Follow-up: how did I convince my manager to bring someone on my project after coaching her? Picked up a recommendation on my LinkedIn and asked me how I’ve been able to demonstrate that particular skill in a diverse team? Asked about an additional information and how i was able to secure a recording deal for an artiste? Wasn’t the most conventional interview in terms of the questions he asked though"
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Nov 29, 23
"Interview with recent alum. 60min total - she asked questions for 45min, and we had 15min for me to ask questions at the end Usual tell me about yourself, why mba, goals, why Ross TMAT you had to make a decision with very little information TMAT you had to build a new relationship with someone important. Motivated/trained/mentored colleague You as a leader TMAT where you saw manager going down bad path Greatest failure Time that someone disagreed with you Some tough feedback you have received TMAT you had to work with person from different cultural background"
United States
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 25, 23
"Interview with alum of class 2019.. 40 min total - she asked questions for 30 min, and we had 15min for me to ask questions at the end Usual tell me about yourself, why mba, goals, why Ross Questions based on new idea, diversity, influencing someone, disagreement with supervisor. The interviewer is super friendly and it was purely conversational. Great experience."
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 27, 23
"Hey Guys, Just got done with my interview and was super conversational. First of all thank you to the tribe for posting the interview experiences and helping me with the mocks! One different question that the interviewer asked me apart from the ones which have been covered above was If you had 1 superpower what would you want it to be"
India
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 31, 23
"This is my debrief regarding the Ross interview. Just had it. It started with an interaction as: 1) Where are you calling from? What time is it there? Ready to go to bed? I think Delhi is far up in the north near the Himalayas? Can you see the Himalayas from there? Have you been to the Himalayas? Can you ski there? Have you done skiing there? You can ski in Michigan and it gets very cold up there. Is Delhi the largest city in India? Have you lived in Delhi all of your life? Have you lived in Mumbai? (Because I mentioned Mumbai) 2) Take 5 minutes and tell me about yourself, your journey uptil here. 3) Why MBA? Why now? 4) What are your short term and long term goals? 5) Why Ross? 6), 7) a couple of personal question that stemmed from prev question. 8) Tell me about a time when you had no clear data, objective or goal to work? What did you do? How did you work through it? 9) Ross is about influencing others who are not necessarily in your team below you, have you ever done that? Tell me about it? 10) Ross is about adapting to new scenarios. Tell me about a time you adapted to a changing scenario? 11) Have you ever worked in diverse teams? 12) How do you work in diverse teams and handle the different methods of workings of different team members? 13) 14) 15) general knowledge questions about my industry and details about them. 16) Any questions for me? Interview was mostly conversational and questions stemmed from previous questions."
India
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 26, 23
"Class of 2010 alum, same industry, nearby region. I think we spoke a little over an hour. Started with my general background and some back and forth. - Walk through resume - Interrupted at a point where I have a change in my path to comment and ask details - asked detailed questions about current job (because same industry) - why MBA - why Ross, what academic and extracurriculars specifically - why not European b-schools - my questions"
Pakistan
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 23
"My interview experience (Very conversational) Class of 2016 alum, different industry - Actually she's a lawyer. I think we close to an hour. She was so much interested in knowing everything about me and she was happy to hear great stories I shared about Ross. Started with my general background and some back and forth. - Tell me about yourself (from professional life, and why you need an MBA) - Interrupted at points and asked questions about my story (including how financial challenges affected me). - asked detailed questions about current job (and how my boss is taking my decision about the MBA) - why Ross, what academic and extracurriculars specifically - TMAT you made a decision with minimal information - TMAT you had a conflict working with a team, and what did you do - TMA about what you do to freshen up, you seem to have a lot of things you do - my questions [lasted for 20mins] - and we spoke for 34 mins = 54 mins in total All the best to everyone!"
India
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 30, 23
"1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why MBA. 3. Why Ross. 4. Short term and long term goals. 5. TMAT you worked in a diverse group. 6. TMAT when your idea helped solve a problem with an ambiguous project scope. 7. TMAT when you received critical feedback and how you handled. 8. TMAT when you relied on other's suggestions/opinions on your project. 9. Any other things you want to share that I missed/do you have any questions for me. Total time - 45 min"
United States
Full Time MBA
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 23, 23
"Typical question: Brief introduction and why you changed your job? Why MBA / Why Now / Ross? What you could contribute to Ross during the MBA time and after graduation? Have you attended any admission events or talk to alumni? Tell me a time you need to make an uncomfortable decision Tell me a time you started a new relation with someone Tell me a time you work with a group of people from other backgrounds"
China
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 30, 23
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 30, 23
"1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why MBA. 3. Why Ross. 4. Short term and long term goals. 5. TMAT you worked in a diverse group. 6. TMAT when your idea helped solve a problem with an ambiguous project scope. 7. TMAT when you received critical feedback and how you handled. 8. TMAT when you relied on other's suggestions/opinions on your project. 9. Any other things you want to share that I missed/do you have any questions for me. Total time - 45 min"
India