GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2019, 07:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2426
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 02:20
1
Hi BingingOnNetflix your screen name speaks to my current addiction...

I noticed this as well, weird. I wonder if they want more control over the process, because they are offering 1-1 half hour appointments with adcom so that is very interesting. There is this page https://www.darden.virginia.edu/alumni/featured/spotlight but who is to say if these people are representative of Darden today. I would recommend contacting who Narenn cited and also maybe through some others via Linked In advanced search (people similar to you, same industry, live where you might want to move, etc.)

BingingOnNetflix wrote:
Quick question for all....it appears that Darden removed their student ambassadors page online. Am I overlooking the page? Or do we need to reach out to students on LinkedIn or some other platform?

_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Darden School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2018
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 07:51
BingingOnNetflix wrote:
Quick question for all....it appears that Darden removed their student ambassadors page online. Am I overlooking the page? Or do we need to reach out to students on LinkedIn or some other platform?



You can also try this link of Darden Student Association page.
This link is active and can help you connect with current students as well.
Hope it helps...
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2426
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 22:58
Thank you! Weird though, why the other page is gone.

kiryuken wrote:
BingingOnNetflix wrote:
Quick question for all....it appears that Darden removed their student ambassadors page online. Am I overlooking the page? Or do we need to reach out to students on LinkedIn or some other platform?



You can also try this link of Darden Student Association page.
This link is active and can help you connect with current students as well.
Hope it helps...

_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2017
Posts: 45
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 02:26
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Thank you! Weird though, why the other page is gone.

kiryuken wrote:
BingingOnNetflix wrote:
Quick question for all....it appears that Darden removed their student ambassadors page online. Am I overlooking the page? Or do we need to reach out to students on LinkedIn or some other platform?



You can also try this link of Darden Student Association page.
This link is active and can help you connect with current students as well.
Hope it helps...


It redirected to a "Under Construction" page the entire summer, but now they've just removed it. Very weird, I agree.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Dec 2016
Posts: 62
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 02:53
JTdaniel wrote:

It redirected to a "Under Construction" page the entire summer, but now they've just removed it. Very weird, I agree.



I am reapplicant, and they told in my rejection letter that they ll providing application feedback sessions and the dates for it will go live in start of May i guess.... I kept following the feedback appointment page waiting for the calendar to update with available spots.... N one day the page just went offline.... Spots never opened up....

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2426
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 03:08
WOW. That is not OK. sorry to hear that kunal_raizada. I am suspect of the usefulness of this feedback. To level with you, I think with Indians they throw everything in with the kitchen sink with the feedback sessions because they can't just say HEY, YOU ARE OVERREPRESENTED so they just say a bunch of stuff. I am thinking about one Indian candidate in particular; I mean if his profile and application has so many problems he would never have been admitted to Ross and Stern and gotten an interview with Berkeley. Anyways, I think you're better off getting a ding analysis because they are freer to honest with you.

kunal_raizada wrote:
JTdaniel wrote:

It redirected to a "Under Construction" page the entire summer, but now they've just removed it. Very weird, I agree.



I am reapplicant, and they told in my rejection letter that they ll providing application feedback sessions and the dates for it will go live in start of May i guess.... I kept following the feedback appointment page waiting for the calendar to update with available spots.... N one day the page just went offline.... Spots never opened up....

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Apr 2019
Posts: 1
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2019, 18:39
Just submitted my R1 app! Quick question: do we need to have GMAC send in our official GMAT score report (if we did not list Darden as one of the 5 schools to send for free), or does this wait until after acceptance? Their website lists conflicting info:

https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/admissions/faq
We do not require official test scores and transcripts in order to process your application and get it to the committee for review. In the education section of the application, please enter the data requested and upload unofficial copies of all transcripts. If offered admission, you will need to send official documents.

https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/adm ... guidelines
Self-reported scores are fine for the purposes of our application process, but you should also arrange for GMAC, ETS or Pearson Vue to send your official score report to the Darden Admissions office.

Thanks to anyone who can help - not trying to pay an extra $35 per score report (what a ripoff) if not needed.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jun 2018
Posts: 16
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.48
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2019, 20:01
theletterfour wrote:
Just submitted my R1 app! Quick question: do we need to have GMAC send in our official GMAT score report (if we did not list Darden as one of the 5 schools to send for free), or does this wait until after acceptance? Their website lists conflicting info:

https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/admissions/faq
We do not require official test scores and transcripts in order to process your application and get it to the committee for review. In the education section of the application, please enter the data requested and upload unofficial copies of all transcripts. If offered admission, you will need to send official documents.

https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/adm ... guidelines
Self-reported scores are fine for the purposes of our application process, but you should also arrange for GMAC, ETS or Pearson Vue to send your official score report to the Darden Admissions office.

Thanks to anyone who can help - not trying to pay an extra $35 per score report (what a ripoff) if not needed.


I don't think so, only if you get admitted. I also submitted today so good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jun 2018
Posts: 16
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.48
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 15:14
anyone know if the deadline for recommenders is also tomorrow? My supervisor might be late with his = /
Tuck School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 36
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 15:22
1
LOM19010 wrote:
anyone know if the deadline for recommenders is also tomorrow? My supervisor might be late with his = /


Check with admissions just in case, but they mentioned during the webinar yesterday or Tuesday that the deadline for recommenders is 10/13 for round 1.
BSchool Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 165
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 23:53
Agree with BingingOnNetflix

Adcom told us in the webinar that they will accept LORs till the 13th.

All the best!!

LOM19010 wrote:
anyone know if the deadline for recommenders is also tomorrow? My supervisor might be late with his = /


Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 165
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 23:58
Hey everyone!!

Hope the apps are coming along well. Deadline is almost here and I know a lot of us will be hitting SUBMIT soon.

Also, please DO NOT forget to update the tracker. Thanks.

All the best!!!! :) :)

-Ric

Posted from my mobile device
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 505
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2019, 06:18
A new Darden Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/darden-197/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1027
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 505
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2019, 06:20
This user wants to stay Private wrote:
I was interviewed by Adcom member in Early Action round. It was self Initiated interview.

It was very conversational interview and along the lines of interview experiences shared by other gmatclub members here. So there was no surprise.

1) First she asked me to share my life experiences in 10-15 mins
2) After that tell me about a time when you worked in a team environment.
3) Why MBA?
4) Why Darden?
5) What do you do apart from work?

Finally I was given opportunity to ask couple of questions. Interview lasted for 45 Mins and really enjoyed the interaction with adcom.



Hope that we both get in, I hope I'll see you at Darden
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Location: India
Schools: Duke '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 02:01
1
Hello,

I have a quick question. I am an EA applicant but had not initiated an interview. It was mentioned in case applicants do not initiate interviews, they might still be invited to interview however there has been no response yet and 9th is the final decision release. Are there folks in the same situation as me? Is this normal or would it mean usually that I’m dinged?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2652
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 13:30
UVA Darden DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Admitted, 22 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q49 V42), GPA: 3.23, Industry: Computer Software, WE 51, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 50 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q49 V38), GPA: 3.9, Industry: Computer Software, WE 84, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2652
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 14:30
UVA Darden DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Admitted, 13 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q47 V47), GPA: 3.16, Industry: Consulting, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 42 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:660 (Q47 V34), GPA: 3.11, Industry: Telecommunications, WE 124, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Dec 2016
Posts: 62
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 03:33
1
Any new updates today. I am guessing those are not the only offers forwarded. Today there will be more offers.

The limbo is totally killing me.

Posted from my mobile device
Darden School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2018
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 05:09
Congratulations to all the folks who got their offers!!!
It was a rather nerve wrecking week.
Hope more good news will follow as well.
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 08 Dec 2016
Posts: 51
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 05:47
Are Decision Calls are expected specially for Internationals??? Or today there will be only portal update for denied or wait listed??
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2019, 05:47

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 99 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: kiryuken






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne