GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 13:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 01:36
In my opinion, not mixing personal and professional does not change who you are. So anyone who knows you in either capacity knows something about you. Empathy is not a thign to be only experienced outside of the professional world.

As for interacting with the recommender influencing the recommendation, no one asks someone who has a bad opinion of them to write a recommendation anyway. There is always a bias present. Interacting with the recommender gives you a little sway on what's being said about you. Helps you portray yourself better.

I think that is a plus.

Mudit27021988 wrote:
Hi.

One of recommenders reached out to me asking about the question on EQ endorsment and the question how candidate has shown empathy and EQ.

With one of my recommender I have had more professional than personal overlap and all of social initiatices that I have taken are outside the work space.

NYU expects the candidates to spend 5-7 hours with their EQ endorsers to highlight such instances. (As per website)

But I am scared that this might impact or give an idea of influence by candidate upon recommender.

At times you don't want to mix your personal and professional life, unless the recommender knows you prroanally.

Is someone facing a similar issue. Is there a way to handle this situation?

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 13:58
I would like to help but dont really understand what youre asking. Can you please provide the link you are referring to?

Mudit27021988 wrote:
Hi.

One of recommenders reached out to me asking about the question on EQ endorsment and the question how candidate has shown empathy and EQ.

With one of my recommender I have had more professional than personal overlap and all of social initiatices that I have taken are outside the work space.

NYU expects the candidates to spend 5-7 hours with their EQ endorsers to highlight such instances. (As per website)

But I am scared that this might impact or give an idea of influence by candidate upon recommender.

At times you don't want to mix your personal and professional life, unless the recommender knows you prroanally.

Is someone facing a similar issue. Is there a way to handle this situation?

Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (I)

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 06:51
Does anyone know when R1 interview decisions are released/ start rolling out?
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 04:24
MurrayHillTrooper wrote:

If I am not mistaken, interview result (the final decision) is delivered on the final decision date.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q164 V161
GPA: 3.63

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 04:38
MsInvBanker wrote:
MurrayHillTrooper wrote:

If I am not mistaken, interview result (the final decision) is delivered on the final decision date.

The interviewer said 3 weeks so it is safe to assume by 3rd November maximum we will know.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 04:39
MsInvBanker wrote:
MurrayHillTrooper wrote:

I believe he was asking when candidates can expect to received invitations to interview. i.e is there a date that interviews are released similar to how Harvard extended invitations on the 4th of oct.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 04:58
Oh, my bad.
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 11:14
any R1 applicants status say: "Your application is complete and currently under review with the Admissions Committee."?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 11:21
yeah mine does.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 04:57
thomkatt wrote:
any R1 applicants status say: "Your application is complete and currently under review with the Admissions Committee."?

Mine too. When did you submit?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern '22
GMAT 1: 580 Q41 V28
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 05:05
Hi everyone, few questions regarding the Round 1 Stern application -
1. One of my recommenders has not submitted the recommendation form due to her busy schedule but I have submitted the application and fees before the deadline. If the form is submitted by tomorrow - will I still get a response before the first initial notification date?
2. What is the application waiver process?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 07:47
shounakpande wrote:
1. One of my recommenders has not submitted the recommendation form due to her busy schedule but I have submitted the application and fees before the deadline. If the form is submitted by tomorrow - will I still get a response before the first initial notification date?

AFAIK the application is considered complete only after all components (including the endorsements) are submitted, however you could always send an email to the adcom explaining your situation. Not very sure about the fee waiver process though.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 11:01
shounakpande wrote:

Hey shounakpande

1. EQ Endorsement: They do not specifically state that EQ endorsements need to have been received for the application to be complete as the absence of one is not shown in the final review section of the application. The best way to get that out of the way is to ask your recommender by when can she send in the Endorsement and email the AdCom on sternmba@stern.nyu.edu

2. Application Fee Waiver: If you fall in any of the categories mentioned on their website that makes you eligible for the waiver, send them an email on admchair@stern.nyu.edu
Even if you are not eligible and need the financial assistance due to your circumstances, you can email them the request and they consider every request on a case to case basis.
However, the waiver may not be granted on the basis that universities do not do refunds and you said that you have already paid the application fee.

I hope that helped you.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 00:29
Has anyone heard back from Stern? I know that they take time to review and get back but for me it's been over a month now with no update.

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 00:33
sharan05 wrote:
Has anyone heard back from Stern? I know that they take time to review and get back but for me it's been over a month now with no update.

sharan05 I wish I could help you there but as i will be submitting my application in R2, I do not have an answer to your query on the ready.

However there is still time.

On the same note, please add Stern to your profile, thanks.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 03:06
sharan05 wrote:

What is the status on your application page?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 03:12
sgn00502 wrote:
sharan05 wrote:

Application is complete and under review. What about you?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2019, 04:00
sharan05 wrote:
sgn00502 wrote:
sharan05 wrote:

Application is complete and under review. What about you?

Same here. I submitted much later than you though, closer to the deadline, so there's that. Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 20:24
saw a wave of invites go out today. Anyone else get invited? Last year the chief complaint was that no invites went out until AFTER Round 2 so they could look at the pool and see which if they should invite more or less from Round 1. Hopefully they change that tactic this year
CBS School Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 20:25
I got news today, submitted pretty late ( I think day before deadline), though I am local in NYC if that influences how they send out news
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 24 Oct 2019, 20:25

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 117 posts ] 

Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MsInvBanker