Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 446
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
JDF wrote:
When should we start worrying that this isn’t going to go our way?

Posted from my mobile device

I don't want to burst your bubble but if you have applied in R1 and have not yet heard back, it is probably a ding as R2 deadline is here already.

But don't lose heart. Miracles can happen too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
MsInvBanker wrote:
JDF wrote:

I don't want to burst your bubble but if you have applied in R1 and have not yet heard back, it is probably a ding as R2 deadline is here already.

I don't believe that that's true as no Indian has reported an interview invite either on gmatclub or clearadmit and I find it hard to fathom that Stern will have sent zero invites to Indian in the first round. So there's still hope I feel.
Director
Director
Send PM
sharan05 wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
JDF wrote:

I don't believe that that's true as no Indian has reported an interview invite either on gmatclub or clearadmit and I find it hard to fathom that Stern will have sent zero invites to Indian in the first round. So there's still hope I feel.

sharan05 as I said, I do not want to burst anyone's bubble. I am just talking about how the deadlines speak.

As for no invites being reflected on GC or clear admit does not mean there are no invites sent to Indians.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MsInvBanker wrote:
sharan05 wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:

sharan05 as I said, I do not want to burst anyone's bubble. I am just talking about how the deadlines speak.

As for no invites being reflected on GC or clear admit does not mean there are no invites sent to Indians.

I get your point. However, I feel that we should not lose hope as last year bulk of invites went after 8-10 November.
Director
Director
Send PM
Let's hope so.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
MsInvBanker wrote:
Let's hope so.

It’s only been two weeks since the 1st round ddl. I can’t imagine the adcom would finish reviewing all applications in less than two weeks.

Director
Director
Send PM
Hoagie as I said, let us hope so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Received an interview invite last week, NYC resident
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations MurrayHillTrooper and all the best for your interview.

Kindly add the school to your profile.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
MsInvBanker wrote:
JDF wrote:

Hi MsInvBanker, as a moderator of this forum, you shouldn't be making uninformed blanket statements. If you browse last year's clearadmit and GC, you will see that the first wave of invites went to mostly NYC residents, then 2 more waves after the nov 15th deadline for R1 applicants. I even mentioned in this forum that the biggest complaint from last year was that NYU was waiting for the R2 pool to see what kind of students were applying in R2 to determine if they should invite more or less from R1, which is complete garbage, as it gave R2 candidates 1 more month of prep. Though I'm speaking anecdotally, and have some support to my statements, whereas you don't. We're all already full of anxiety, no need to create more or bring depression where it is not welcomed or warranted. Thanks.
Director
Director
Send PM
Hey JDF my bad up there. For R1 applicants to receive an interview invite the time is till January 1, 2020 and then you will know for certain.

As I mentioned earlier, I did not want to bring anyone down and even when I believed the wrong date, I asked you to keep hope alive.

Irrespective, I apologize and all the very best.

thomkatt being a moderator does not mean I am not prone to making mistakes. You however, rather than giving hope to the other person who asked the question in the first place are just being condescending. You might want to watch that. One more thing. With the knowledge you possess about Stern, I am assuming you are planning to apply to the school. It'd be great if you added that to your profile.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Guys. Any update from stern? Are they going to send it around 15 November this year too? What's the point of applying in R1 if eventually they are clubbing both r1 and r2 together?

Current Student
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Mudit27021988 wrote:
Guys. Any update from stern? Are they going to send it around 15 November this year too? What's the point of applying in R1 if eventually they are clubbing both r1 and r2 together?

Concerned but hopeful at this point. We're all in the same boat buddy, stay strong! Hopefully the next week will end all questions. Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Just received an invite from Stern
But they have only on campus interview slots in New york and off campus interview slots in Shanghai.
While, I would have traveled to New york, the dates are very near and I don’t think I will be able to do Visa arrangements and all that soon.
What should I do now?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
Hi got an invite too!

Director
Director
Send PM
nihar13692 wrote:
Just received an invite from Stern
But they have only on campus interview slots in New york and off campus interview slots in Shanghai.
While, I would have traveled to New york, the dates are very near and I don’t think I will be able to do Visa arrangements and all that soon.
What should I do now?

nihar13692 have you tried explaining the situation to them? The AdCom folks have been very helpful in my estimation during the entire application process.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congratulations guys and all the best for the interview.. did anybody else also receive an invite?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts