GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 05:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2019, 07:53
redskull1 wrote:
Sure. Pls send it. Are you working with a consultant by the way...?

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks redskull1. Just DMed you with file. I am not working with consultant this time, but I did first time around.

Appreciate your time.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 03:42
Thanks everyone for participating in our recent Fuqua adcom chat. It was nice having adcom members on the forum and answering questions about Fuqua's MBA program, application process, placements, etc. Special thanks to Amirmahdi, MariaAntony, Thibo1414, blowice27, Businessconquerer, Lekoben, SyedMurtazaNYC, fefinotto for asking some nice questions in this session.

Here are key takeaways from the chat. Full transcript is also available to download below.

• Early Action is absolutely binding.
  • The optional essay should only be used to explain something in your application that needs more clarification such as gaps in work experience, trends in GPA, etc.
  • 25 random things essay: We really want your 25 things to be about you. We will have seen your work experience and resume, so we do not want a rehash of that. I would look at work things in the 25 things as what has been impactful in your life or something you are proud of. If you have already included it in your resume or work experience, I would not include it in the 25 random things. That essay is meant for us to get to know you as a person. For example, what are you passionate about, what is your favorite thing and why, etc.
  • You have to have two recommendations submitted in order for your application to be completed and reviewed at Fuqua. You can’t only submit one. We prefer if a current supervisor can submit one of them, but know that’s not always possible, so make sure that at least one of your recommenders has supervised you in some capacity. If you don’t have two supervisors that you can use, consider a partner, client, or possibly a team member to submit the other on your behalf. Just make sure they can speak to your teamwork and leadership skills!
  • We only offer merit based scholarships and not need based scholarships. Merit based scholarships are awarded with a holistic approach to the application. Each area of your application is weighted and not one factor qualifies for a merit based scholarship.
  • Postponing the application to next round: You will not have to restart anything! If you indicate Round 1 on your application but do not submit at the deadline, we’ll continue to send you reminders about submitting for a future deadline, but none of the work you or your recommenders have done will be lost. You’ll simply change the round that you’re applying to the next one.
  • Do adcoms see canceled scores or # of GMAT attempts? GMAC recently changed how the score reports look when you send them to schools (within the last year), and we can no longer see the number of attempts that you have made. At Fuqua, we look really favorably upon students taking the test multiple times, so please indicate that on your application! It shows grit and perseverance, which means a great deal to the AdCom.

Full Chat Transcript

Attachment:
Fuqua Chat Transcript Sept 13.pdf [124.2 KiB]
Downloaded 33 times
To download please login or register as a user

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 12:08
Deadline for EA is almost here. All the best folks!!

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
CAT Tests
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 13:16
Narenn wrote:
Here are key takeaways from the chat. Full transcript is also available to download below.

• Early Action is absolutely binding.....

What does absolutely binding mean. Guess would if you get in then you must accept. if this correct what happens if someone chooses not to join.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 00:20
blowice27 wrote:
Narenn wrote:

• Early Action is absolutely binding.....

What does absolutely binding mean. Guess would if you get in then you must accept. if this correct what happens if someone chooses not to join.

Yes, you are expected to withdraw all your other applications if you get admitted in EA round, but it is unclear what would be the consequence if you decline EA offer. Perhaps, I should have asked them to clarify on the same. While we may not know if EA is legally binding, such a move is obviously risky as you are taking the decision in anticipation that R1 will be as successful to you as EA. If that doesn't happen you will end up getting nowhere.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 00:52
Hi All,

A quick question regarding the EA interviews.
Historically, what has been the time period between submission of EA application, call for interview and interview date?

I'm trying to understand typically how many days we may get to prepare for the interview.

All inputs will be appreciated.

Best,
Monica

BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 01:30
Hi Monica,
Well its officially ‘by’ Oct 2 that people can expect to have interview notifications. Judging from previous year data, they are never late. So by Oct 2 (roughly 2 weeks), interview calls do come in and within the next 3 weeks, final decisions come (Oct 28, this year).

So, depending on your current location, it maybe anywhere between 4 days to 15 days at max that you will have post notification. Plan accordingly. Keep in mind that you might also have other applications to work on.

Hope this helps.
All the best!!

-Ric
Mon16 wrote:
Hi All,

Historically, what has been the time period between submission of EA application, call for interview and interview date?

I'm trying to understand typically how many days we may get to prepare for the interview.

Best,
Monica

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 01:41
That's very helpful.Thanks Ric.

RicAssassin wrote:
Hi Monica,
Well its officially ‘by’ Oct 2 that people can expect to have interview notifications. Judging from previous year data, they are never late. So by Oct 2 (roughly 2 weeks), interview calls do come in and within the next 3 weeks, final decisions come (Oct 28, this year).

So, depending on your current location, it maybe anywhere between 4 days to 15 days at max that you will have post notification. Plan accordingly. Keep in mind that you might also have other applications to work on.

Hope this helps.
All the best!!

-Ric
Mon16 wrote:
Hi All,

Best,
Monica

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 11:54
Hi Everyone,

Head over to the interview debriefs section in the following link if you want to start preparing for your interviews. The following link has a good number of interview debriefs from the past few years. Going through them will give you a basic idea of what kind of questions to expect in the interview so you can prepare for them.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/fuqua-193/in ... brief.html

Good luck.
D

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 00:48
While we are on the topic of interviews, here is a basic hygiene tip - don't get Few-qua's pronunciation wrong. While it won't get you out from the game, but Fuqua interviews are largely conducted by alumni and students. And they won't take it very kindly if you haven't done basic research to know the right name. #TeamFuqua is fiercely protective about their culture, so don't make a silly mistake and make their eyebrows raise

Wanna practice? Here's a link

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 01:07
Yes Namita, very quiet indeed. Wonder whatever’s going on in the mind. A storm!!! Lol

People!! But talking here helps, so you are free to discuss and motivate others!! :D :)

MBADecoder wrote:
While we are on the topic of interviews, here is a basic hygiene tip - don't get Few-qua's pronunciation wrong. While it won't get you out from the game, but Fuqua interviews are largely conducted by alumni and students. And they won't take it very kindly if you haven't done basic research to know the right name. #TeamFuqua is fiercely protective about their culture, so don't make a silly mistake and make their eyebrows raise

SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 01:26
RicAssassin wrote:
Yes Namita, very quiet indeed. Wonder whatever’s going on in the mind. A storm!!! Lol

People!! But talking here helps, so you are free to discuss and motivate others!! :D :)

MBADecoder wrote:

Oh, I had removed that line, but you saw it :blushing

Fuqua is my personal favorite and that's where I would go if I had to do business school now :). So it would be nice for applicants to brew up a storm here.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
BSchool Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 01:36
My favorite too!! Hope they find us applicants ‘Fuqua fit’ too lol
MBADecoder wrote:
RicAssassin wrote:

MBADecoder wrote:

Oh, I had removed that line, but you saw it :blushing

Fuqua is my personal favorite and that's where I would go if I had to do business school now :). So it would be nice for applicants to brew up a storm here.
Tepper & Cornell School Moderator
B
GPA: 2.81
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 18:15
Hey guys! Joining the hopeful list. Just had my interview. I apologize if this has been asked before but what is the usual timeline for EA between interview and notification? Is it on a rolling basis and can happen anytime or is it going to happen near the end of October?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 21:08
Anyone else got interview/ notification for interview yet? I thought they will send out interview notifications on october 2nd and not sooner.

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 21:14
That's great ?

Please can you shed some light on the timeline for the interview invitation and actual interview?

Good luck ahead! :)

chanjaso wrote:
Hey guys! Joining the hopeful list. Just had my interview. I apologize if this has been asked before but what is the usual timeline for EA between interview and notification? Is it on a rolling basis and can happen anytime or is it going to happen near the end of October?

Tepper & Cornell School Moderator
B
GPA: 2.81
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 21:19
I actually did the open interview portion in Durham so I don’t think mine counts as an invitation

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 21:21
Oh cool. Thank you and good luck with the results :)

chanjaso wrote:
I actually did the open interview portion in Durham so I don’t think mine counts as an invitation

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2019, 10:00
Did anyone get an invite to the Fuqua 2019 Women's Weekend yet? I think invites are supposed to be sent today.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2019, 20:54
Hey Guys,

Anyone who applied in EA round received interview intimations yet?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2019, 20:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 106 posts ] 

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: RicAssassin, vinayakvaish