GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 05 Dec 2019, 12:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Krannert (Purdue) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Krannert (Purdue) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 Aug 2019, 02:50
Welcome all Krannert (Purdue) class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

Krannert MBA Deadlines

Krannert (Purdue) Decision Tracker & Historical Admit Data | Add Krannert to your profile

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs

Originally posted by Narenn on 04 Aug 2019, 23:15.
Last edited by Narenn on 27 Aug 2019, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
deadlines
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 23:15
Krannert (Purdue) MBA Deadlines: 2020 Intake
RoundApplication DueDecisions by
EarlyNov 15, 19-
PriorityJan 15, 20-
Final (International)Mar 1, 20-
Final (Domestic)May 1, 20-

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 23:16
Post reserved for essay advice & tips.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2019, 02:36
Hi guys,

Could someone please clarify the deadline for Round 1 Fall 2020 MBA program intake?
Purdue's website says: Application Round 1 (Early Round) is September 1 – November 15

So is the deadline Sep 1st?
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2019, 02:45
geejay wrote:
Hi guys,

Could someone please clarify the deadline for Round 1 Fall 2020 MBA program intake?
Purdue's website says: Application Round 1 (Early Round) is September 1 – November 15

IMO that should mean they start accepting (or evaluating) R1 apps from Sept 1 and continue until Nov 15. You can submit your app anytime until Nov 15.

I am adding deadlines in the main post shortly.

Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2019, 06:57
geejay wrote:
Hi guys,

Narenn is correct; Purdue begins reviewing applications on September 1st, but the 1st Round deadline is not until November 15th. It is generally advantageous to submit an early round application, however you can apply anytime until the Final Round deadlines, which are either Mar 1, 2020 (if you're international) or May 1, 2020 (if you're from the US).

Krannert typically awards a fairly large number of Graduate Assistantships and scholarships each year (to competitive applicants), which help pay for your tuition in exchange for 10 hours of work per week at the University. Speaking from experience, GA placements here are generally interesting/engaging, and add value to the degree program.

As you can probably infer, I'm a current Krannert 1st year MBA student (2019 intake), and would be happy to answer any questions!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2019, 07:02
CTC3 wrote:
geejay wrote:
Hi guys,

Narenn is correct; Purdue begins reviewing applications on September 1st, but the 1st Round deadline is not until November 15th. It is generally advantageous to submit an early round application, however you can apply anytime until the Final Round deadlines, which are either Mar 1, 2020 (if you're international) or May 1, 2020 (if you're from the US).

Krannert typically awards a fairly large number of Graduate Assistantships and scholarships each year (to competitive applicants), which help pay for your tuition in exchange for 10 hours of work per week at the University. Speaking from experience, GA placements here are generally interesting/engaging, and add value to the degree program.

As you can probably infer, I'm a current Krannert 1st year MBA student (2019 intake), and would be happy to answer any questions!

Thanks a lot for clarifying :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2019, 09:42
geejay wrote:
CTC3 wrote:
geejay wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for clarifying :)

I have one more question. Are the applicants who receive admit in the first round, required to withdraw their candidature from elsewhere?
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 Aug 2019, 08:45
[/quote] I have one more question. Are the applicants who receive admit in the first round, required to withdraw their candidature from elsewhere?[/quote]

So, I applied to 2 different programs, but many people apply to 3 - I would caution you away from applying for too many programs, as each one will ask you where else you applied, and too many looks like you aren't serious about each individual school. Then you choose the best fit based upon culture/scholarship options/career opportunities, etc. I would highly recommend connecting with the admissions team at your target programs, as its a great way to put a face to your MBA application, find out how competitive you are there, and get to know a school's culture. If you haven't already, you can connect with Krannert Admissions on the bottom right corner: https://krannert.purdue.edu/masters/mba/mba-fulltime/

I was a final round applicant, but both programs gave me a formal offer, and then set a date by which they wanted me to choose - which was like 30 days or so from the formal acceptance letter. Just like a job search, you can absolutely receive and analyze multiple offers at the same time period.

Originally posted by CTC3 on 27 Aug 2019, 10:24.
Last edited by CTC3 on 28 Aug 2019, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2019, 21:50
Thanks CTC3 for chiming in and throwing light on various application related issues.

How is your experience at Purdue so far? Orientation completed or still in progress?

Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2019, 09:43
Narenn wrote:
Thanks CTC3 for chiming in and throwing light on various application related issues.

How is your experience at Purdue so far? Orientation completed or still in progress?

My experience at Purdue has been great so far! We completed the 2 week orientation (began on August 7th), and we're now in the middle of the second week of classes. The first semester picks up intensity quickly, as company 'information sessions' begin late August, and several enormous on-campus career fairs happen in early September. Many of the second year students told us during orientation that they secured their internships within the first 2-3 months of the program due to these large career fairs. Purdue has an elite engineering program, which brings a large number of major companies here to recruit, and the automotive and technology industries are well represented. I've also noticed that several consulting firms like Deloitte and Accenture have scheduled on campus recruiting visits.

As an MBA program, Krannert brings in very small FT MBA classes; generally around 50 students per year (some schools bring in 500+ per year). I'd estimate that it's something like 60% international 40% domestic students, with most international students coming from Asia/India, South America, and Europe. Observationally, the class quickly developed friendships, and there is a great sense of community here. Course professors, administrators, and the career services team will all get to know you by name very quickly, and you are able to build great relationships with them during your time here. Krannert alumni seem to be responsive and willing to help, however the downside is that (obviously) it does not have as large of a total network as you would find at a much more sizable MBA program. Overall, I'd highly recommend it!

Hope that helps!
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2019, 22:59
Thanks a lot for sharing this. I am sure prospective applicants will find it extremely helpful. And yes, my friend Souvik had also told me that networking for internships starts as soon as you join the school.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 28 Aug 2019, 22:59

Calling all Krannert (Purdue) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status