Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:20 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 318
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
Hi guys,

Could someone please clarify the deadline for Round 1 Fall 2020 MBA program intake?
Purdue's website says: Application Round 1 (Early Round) is September 1 – November 15

So is the deadline Sep 1st?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10016 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
geejay wrote:
Hi guys,

Could someone please clarify the deadline for Round 1 Fall 2020 MBA program intake?
Purdue's website says: Application Round 1 (Early Round) is September 1 – November 15

IMO that should mean they start accepting (or evaluating) R1 apps from Sept 1 and continue until Nov 15. You can submit your app anytime until Nov 15.

I am adding deadlines in the main post shortly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
geejay wrote:
Hi guys,

Narenn is correct; Purdue begins reviewing applications on September 1st, but the 1st Round deadline is not until November 15th. It is generally advantageous to submit an early round application, however you can apply anytime until the Final Round deadlines, which are either Mar 1, 2020 (if you're international) or May 1, 2020 (if you're from the US).

Krannert typically awards a fairly large number of Graduate Assistantships and scholarships each year (to competitive applicants), which help pay for your tuition in exchange for 10 hours of work per week at the University. Speaking from experience, GA placements here are generally interesting/engaging, and add value to the degree program.

As you can probably infer, I'm a current Krannert 1st year MBA student (2019 intake), and would be happy to answer any questions!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
CTC3 wrote:
geejay wrote:
Hi guys,

Narenn is correct; Purdue begins reviewing applications on September 1st, but the 1st Round deadline is not until November 15th. It is generally advantageous to submit an early round application, however you can apply anytime until the Final Round deadlines, which are either Mar 1, 2020 (if you're international) or May 1, 2020 (if you're from the US).

Krannert typically awards a fairly large number of Graduate Assistantships and scholarships each year (to competitive applicants), which help pay for your tuition in exchange for 10 hours of work per week at the University. Speaking from experience, GA placements here are generally interesting/engaging, and add value to the degree program.

As you can probably infer, I'm a current Krannert 1st year MBA student (2019 intake), and would be happy to answer any questions!

Thanks a lot for clarifying :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
geejay wrote:
CTC3 wrote:
geejay wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for clarifying :)

I have one more question. Are the applicants who receive admit in the first round, required to withdraw their candidature from elsewhere?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
[/quote] I have one more question. Are the applicants who receive admit in the first round, required to withdraw their candidature from elsewhere?[/quote]

So, I applied to 2 different programs, but many people apply to 3 - I would caution you away from applying for too many programs, as each one will ask you where else you applied, and too many looks like you aren't serious about each individual school. Then you choose the best fit based upon culture/scholarship options/career opportunities, etc. I would highly recommend connecting with the admissions team at your target programs, as its a great way to put a face to your MBA application, find out how competitive you are there, and get to know a school's culture. If you haven't already, you can connect with Krannert Admissions on the bottom right corner: https://krannert.purdue.edu/masters/mba/mba-fulltime/

I was a final round applicant, but both programs gave me a formal offer, and then set a date by which they wanted me to choose - which was like 30 days or so from the formal acceptance letter. Just like a job search, you can absolutely receive and analyze multiple offers at the same time period.

Originally posted by CTC3 on 27 Aug 2019, 10:24.
Last edited by CTC3 on 28 Aug 2019, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks CTC3 for chiming in and throwing light on various application related issues.

How is your experience at Purdue so far? Orientation completed or still in progress?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
Thanks CTC3 for chiming in and throwing light on various application related issues.

How is your experience at Purdue so far? Orientation completed or still in progress?

My experience at Purdue has been great so far! We completed the 2 week orientation (began on August 7th), and we're now in the middle of the second week of classes. The first semester picks up intensity quickly, as company 'information sessions' begin late August, and several enormous on-campus career fairs happen in early September. Many of the second year students told us during orientation that they secured their internships within the first 2-3 months of the program due to these large career fairs. Purdue has an elite engineering program, which brings a large number of major companies here to recruit, and the automotive and technology industries are well represented. I've also noticed that several consulting firms like Deloitte and Accenture have scheduled on campus recruiting visits.

As an MBA program, Krannert brings in very small FT MBA classes; generally around 50 students per year (some schools bring in 500+ per year). I'd estimate that it's something like 60% international 40% domestic students, with most international students coming from Asia/India, South America, and Europe. Observationally, the class quickly developed friendships, and there is a great sense of community here. Course professors, administrators, and the career services team will all get to know you by name very quickly, and you are able to build great relationships with them during your time here. Krannert alumni seem to be responsive and willing to help, however the downside is that (obviously) it does not have as large of a total network as you would find at a much more sizable MBA program. Overall, I'd highly recommend it!

Hope that helps!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks a lot for sharing this. I am sure prospective applicants will find it extremely helpful. And yes, my friend Souvik had also told me that networking for internships starts as soon as you join the school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi i am applying for the second round
I wanted to know whether submitting the english language test score along with the application is mandatory. Can I submit the language test score after the application deadline? I dont want to miss the second round application deadline as iv already finished the application process.

Pls advice
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Kudos
Yes you can apply giving future date. Post application submission send a mail to the admission committee, stating about submission and the date you gonna give toefl plus the expected result date. And you will update them as soon as possible.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone! I’m currently a 2nd year MBA candidate at Krannert and I just want to echo everything that CTC3 has said. My experience here has been wonderful. I personally appreciate the smaller class size as I’ve been able to get to know and build relationships with each and every one of my peers. My cohort (class of 2020) is also about 60% international. To date, more than half of my class has received at least one full time offer. I can also tell you that salaries are on the rise, which should be reflected next year whenever Krannert releases the stats on my class. In my opinion, Krannert is a great value for both domestic and international candidates.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone! I have applied for the mba program at krannert and today got the mail for the interview scheduling. Can someone tell me what kind of questions are typically asked and what kind of preparations should i do before the interview.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck with the interview! The questions are standard and are covered in previous threads:

Why MBA?
Why Krannert?
Why now?
I was asked about a difficult decision that I’ve had to make, etc.

It’s all standard and as long as you know your story (no one knows that better than yourself) and you are authentic. You’ll be fine interviewing at all of the schools you apply to if those things hold true. You will also be asked “what other schools have you/are you applying to?”. My advice here is to be honest and if you list a bunch of schools, just try to bridge the gap by answering why all of these schools (including Purdue) are interesting to you. Everyone says that Purdue is their top choice, so make sure you have a good reason to explain why Purdue is your top choice, especially if you’re going to list Tuck, Ross, Kelley, etc.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Wanted to broadly answer a question that I'm sure many applicants have, and one I personally had last year:

"When will I find out about my scholarship offer?"

Answer: The Purdue AdCom meets to determine acceptance (Y/N) just after the application deadline, then a separate Financial Aid committee will review every admitted student profile to determine financial offering. Typically, this takes about 2-4 weeks from the application deadline. The earliest round is typically the fastest because they review less apps.

The "clock" then starts once the formal scholarship offer is received, and you will typically have 30 days to decide to accept or decline. It does not start the moment that admissions decision is rendered. You will receive a formal letter that states the final date to accept/decline
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

could you please tell me whether all the applicants are invited for Skype interview?

thanks!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
gunman wrote:
Hi,

could you please tell me whether all the applicants are invited for Skype interview?

thanks!

From what I understand, vast majority of qualified applicants will get a Skype interview, however if any scores are well below averages, interview request is not likely.

I think Purdue’s acceptance rate is just below 40%, so I would assume many of those who interview do not get an admissions offer. The big concern with schools like this is “Yes, X person is qualified, but can they get a job?” No one wants you to graduate unemployed, so they want to test interview abilities before admissions.

For international context: Interview ability is hugely important in the US. I’ve heard students in countries like India are largely placed via test scores & grades, while Americans value soft skills highly in hiring process.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts