[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 : ISB - Page 6
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 23:18 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 23:18
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  374   
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nisarg2000 wrote:
Hi All,
I wanted a profile review & application tips for Round 1 ISB application
Academics
Class 10 : 10 CGPA
Class 12 : 92%
Graduation : 8.38/10 (BTech from NIT Karnataka)
GMAT : 700
Work experience - Will have 2 year 9 months till April 2024
FMCG Tech Logistics domain, joined as Intern & got 2 promotions to Data Engineer 2 & Software Developer 3
Build tech for various Supply Chain planning initiatives like MRP, Inventory planning, Demand Forecasting, Supply Planning, Reverse logistics
Post MBA Goals
Plan A : Join Consulting
Plan B : Join pre MBA company in strategy roles

Hi Nisarg,

That's interesting work experience. Logistics have really taken off in India, and I believe its an interesting space to be in given how the industry has become so tech/ AI enabled. That's valuable experience you can bring to an MBA class and something you can use to differentiate your experience from other applicants. Moreover, if you have experience of innovating new solutions (both tech and operational) to solve business problems, that would give you some decent writing material for the application/interview. Your career progress seems good- are the promotions quicker than your peers? that would be an added benefit.

The goals sound alright. However, so many applicants want to get into consulting. Have you thought deeper about what you want to do as a consultant? Which practice would you want to join? AI, Supply chain and logistics seems to be your forte, so building your career goals around these can help to show that you have some career focus. ISB has made the career goals essay optional this year, but there's always a benefit in writing well thought out career goals as they show you know what you want from your career. The plan B is alright.

Regarding academics- how did you calculate a 10 CGPA for grad 10th? I am not aware of the Indian schooling system giving CGPA. The GMAT is average so no brownie points there. You will have to make the rest of your application (essays, resume, recommendation) work extra hard to bolster your chances.

Reach out if you need help. I'd be happy to have a discussion
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Folks,

ISB essays are out for this year. Here Goes:

R1: 10th September
Other rounds: to be announced.

Essay 1: Provide an honest portrayal of yourself, emphasizing your strengths and weaknesses. Highlight the key elements that have shaped your personal journey. Give relevant illustrations as needed. (400 words max)

Essay 2:Contemplate two distinct situations—one where you experienced success and another where you faced failure. Delve into the personal and interpersonal lessons you learned from these instances. (400 words max)

Essay 3 (optional):Given your previous experience and future aspirations, how do you plan to use the PGP at ISB to fulfil your professional goals? (250 words max)
Note: It is not necessary for you to write this essay. Please use this space only if there is something really significant that you would like us to know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: ISB
Send PM
What is a good time to give the GMAT for ISB intake for 2024?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
MandoviJ wrote:
What is a good time to give the GMAT for ISB intake for 2024?

Assuming you will apply in R1 i.e 10th Sep, you need to plan such that you can spend around 3 weeks on your application. Since its always better to maintain separation of concern between GMAT prep and Application drafting, you should aim to have a GMAT score around 15th-20th Aug so that you have good 3 + weeks for app.
Again this is just a best practice guideline. I have worked with applicants who gave their GMAT 3-5 days before the deadline as well and worked on apps in parallel.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
Hi Nisarg, That’s interesting work experience. Logistics have really taken off in India, and I believe its an interesting space to be in given how the industry has become so tech/ AI enabled. That’s valuable experience you can bring to an MBA class and something you can use to differentiate your experience from other applicants. Moreover, if you have experience of innovating new solutions (both tech and operational) to solve business problems, that would give you some decent writing material for the application/interview. Your career progress seems good- are the promotions quicker than your peers? that would be an added benefit. The goals sound alright. However, so many applicants want to get into consulting. Have you thought deeper about what you want to do as a consultant? Which practice would you want to join? AI, Supply chain and logistics seems to be your forte, so building your career goals around these can help to show that you have some career focus. ISB has made the career goals essay optional this year, but there’s always a benefit in writing well thought out career goals as they show you know what you want from your career. The plan B is alright. Regarding academics- how did you calculate a 10 CGPA for grad 10th? I am not aware of the Indian schooling system giving CGPA. The GMAT is average so no brownie points there. You will have to make the rest of your application (essays, resume, recommendation) work extra hard to bolster your chances. Reach out if you need help. I’d be happy to have a discussion

Thanks for the review, I will DM you with more details
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
nisarg2000 wrote:
Hi All,
I wanted a profile review & application tips for Round 1 ISB application
Academics
Class 10 : 10 CGPA
Class 12 : 92%
Graduation : 8.38/10 (BTech from NIT Karnataka)
GMAT : 700
Work experience - Will have 2 year 9 months till April 2024
FMCG Tech Logistics domain, joined as Intern & got 2 promotions to Data Engineer 2 & Software Developer 3
Build tech for various Supply Chain planning initiatives like MRP, Inventory planning, Demand Forecasting, Supply Planning, Reverse logistics
Post MBA Goals

Hi nisarg2000 I hope you are doing great

Your academic arc is solid. Your GMAT, however, is average, so that would need improvement if you want to outdo other similarly positioned applicants.

Work Experience
The B-schools evaluate you based on your experience at the time of applying. So, you should not say that you will have 2 years and 9 months of experience when you begin. At present, you have slightly over 2 years of work experience, and that is perfectly alright. You should now focus on differentiating yourself within this pool of very young applicants.

Showcase Depth and Breadth
What would make you stand out is to show depth in terms of your subject area and breadth of experience in a short span of time while working on a variety of projects in the supply chain domain. Supply chain is very analytical, and if you are developing supply chain tech, you should show that you have had to work hard to understand the principles that drive optimization in the various areas of supply chain and logistics (it is not easy to learn so much in a short time). I have worked with several folks with a supply chain background having as low as 2 years of experience, and what I have seen, especially for less experienced applicants, is that showing ownership and a stronghold on the subject matter is essential. Mark my words, you will be tested for that through case questions during your interview.

Goals
Your goals are pragmatic but also generic. You need to add a personal element to your goals strategy and show how your experience in supply chain tech would make you an ideal candidate for consulting and strategy roles. For your information, I have an extensive background in the supply chain across design, product, and operations (almost 10 years), so feel free to reach out should you want to discuss your profile.

Weakest Area: GMAT
For now, I see GMAT as your weakest area. If it helps you compare, my last applicant with 2 years of experience in supply chain tech got into ISB Co24 with a score of 750. I advise you to put some serious effort into improving your score if you want to stay ahead of the competition this year.

Wishing you the best of luck, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or if you would like to discuss your goals in more detail.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi All,
I wanted a profile review & clarification. Background: Civil Engineering
Class 10: 9.3 CGPA
Class 12: 95.6%
Graduation: 9.39/10 (BTech from Kits Warangal)
GMAT: Yet to take planning by July mid.
Work experience - Will have 5 years as of Sept.
Started as Mangament Trainee from campus placement, lead the project of 8.5 acres high raise without any senior support right from joining, and worked for 3 yrs close, and referred as a go to candidate at corona time to run the project, later as a Sr engeineer and at current Asst. manager, 3 diff pos at 3 diff companies of 5 yrs,
Post MBA Goals

pls ignore plan b

Also want to know if my background of civil will provide any diversity point of view at adcoms

what would be best gmat score to crack isb?

Originally posted by VSP099 on 16 Jun 2023, 09:10.
Last edited by VSP099 on 16 Jun 2023, 09:12, edited 2 times in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
VSP099 wrote:
Hi All, I wanted a profile review & clarification. Background: Civil Engineering Class 10: 9.3 CGPA Class 12: 95.6% Graduation: 9.39/10 (BTech from Kits Warangal) GMAT: Yet to take planning by July mid. Work experience - Will have 5 years as of Sept. Started as Mangament Trainee from campus placement, lead the project of 8.5 acres high raise without any senior support right from joining, and worked for 3 yrs close, and referred as a go to candidate at corona time to run the project, later as a Sr engeineer and at current Asst. manager, 3 diff pos at 3 diff companies of 5 yrs, Post MBA Goals Plan A : Join Consulting Plan B : Join pre MBA company in strategy roles

We have a peer review section that you can utilize. I was a civil engineer myself before MBA (Entrepreneur now & an industrialist) and I believe it did add some level of differentiator when it came to profile because CIVIL engineering is a "People" driven industry so you get to speak a lot more to "MBA level" skills. But no diversity level in terms of demographic consideration from what little I have heard.

VSP099 wrote:

720-760 is the ideal range you should be good at. And I think your profile is great personally. If you had a 730, I’d take the challenge to get you in easily.

Originally posted by Businessconquerer on 16 Jun 2023, 15:02.
Last edited by Businessconquerer on 16 Jun 2023, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
VSP099 wrote:
Hi All,
I wanted a profile review & clarification. Background: Civil Engineering
Class 10: 9.3 CGPA
Class 12: 95.6%
Graduation: 9.39/10 (BTech from Kits Warangal)
GMAT: Yet to take planning by July mid.
Work experience - Will have 5 years as of Sept.
Started as Mangament Trainee from campus placement, lead the project of 8.5 acres high raise without any senior support right from joining, and worked for 3 yrs close, and referred as a go to candidate at corona time to run the project, later as a Sr engeineer and at current Asst. manager, 3 diff pos at 3 diff companies of 5 yrs,
Post MBA Goals

pls ignore plan b

Also want to know if my background of civil will provide any diversity point of view at adcoms

Hi VSP099,

It will be helpful to know why consulting is a post MBA goal. Also, do share some more details about your work experience- exactly what do you do/ have done in the past? What are your achievements?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
720-760 is the ideal range you should be good at. And I think your profile is great personally. If you had a 730, I’d take the challenge to get you in easily.

Thanks for the inputs, can you let me know how do we get bajaj autoscholar - scholarship and what kind of profiles they offer these scholarships in ISB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 118
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
Send PM
Kudos
for indian colleges like isb and iim what proofs are required to be shown for family business.
any idea
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi All,
I wanted a profile review and feedback
SRCC Graduate
GMAT 660
Work ex - Investment banking (3 years), consulting (4 months) and now family business (had to leave consulting job due to some reasons)

what gmat score I should get?

Originally posted by mkamb on 17 Jun 2023, 00:39.
Last edited by mkamb on 17 Jun 2023, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 151 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 4
Send PM
What is the breakup of your score ?

Also.. I would advise not to show a 4 month experience on your resume, unless you have a very good reason to explain why you left that job so early

Originally posted by rxb266 on 17 Jun 2023, 00:50.
Last edited by rxb266 on 17 Jun 2023, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mine is Q48, V32

I got rejected by ISB last year post interview

Originally posted by mkamb on 17 Jun 2023, 00:52.
Last edited by mkamb on 17 Jun 2023, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
What was the reason they mentioned
Intern
Intern
Send PM
no reason mentioned - just a general thing - taking into account profile, academics, and interview
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 151 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 4
Send PM
Rejection is relative to the applicant pool and the demand in the industry. You have applied to a very competitive school and there can be several factors that they consodered before rejecting you.

Probably there were many applicants with a background similar to yours.

Probably the skill set you own was not, at that time, required in the industry

A rejection should not lead you to conclusion that you are not good enough. That is a wrong approach

Try improving your profile

Improve on GMAT score...

Originally posted by rxb266 on 17 Jun 2023, 00:59.
Last edited by rxb266 on 17 Jun 2023, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  374