Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:12 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [2]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 660 Q37 V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Sloan '23
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.42
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
It opens on August 1st. None of the main questions will change from last years application (admission’s officer confirmed it for me last week)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
damn oxfordsaidmba, I entered the chat wanting to hear about the program and listenting to that, I better leave.

oxfordsaidmba wrote:
Current Said Business School MBA student here. I would strongly discourage anybody from attending this MBA program. Here are my general reasons:

(1) Poor administrative and career support. Recruitment is pretty much left up to the individual students to navigate. Consulting placement into MBB is very lackluster (I think we only had 1 or 2 into McKinsey, 1 or 2 into Bain, and 0 BCG), and investment banking recruiting is non-existent. To top everything off, our MBA head program director jumped ship (left) in the beginning of the year, and the administration has been a nightmare from the inside-out.
(2) Teaching is very lackluster in content. Professors actively discourage students from engaging in anything beyond surface level discussions, and most case questions that we receive for class are just pure reading comprehension checks. You can believe me when I say this, because I took the academics somewhat seriously and am distinction-track.
(3) Access to the broader Oxford ecosystem is a marketing gimmick and doesn’t actually exist. Said doesn’t really make an effort to engage with the broader university ecosystem, despite them touting that they might do so. Students this year (and in all years prior) have complained about this very point, and the administration has still made no effort to help put on events for business school students to connect with other students. Once again, this is a very self-directed effort that you will have to make here, and the administration put in measures to actively discourage such behavior (e.g. you are not allowed to bring non-MBAs into the business school building, you will never have classes with non-MBA students, and the broader university look down on MBAs as the "ugly ducklings" of the Oxford ecosystem)
(4) The school faculty and administration are discriminatory towards certain student demographics. There have been several occasions where many of my classmates and good colleagues have faced unfortunate acts of discrimination, including professors addressing colleagues by other colleague’s names who are of the same ethnicity, building staff presumptuously assuming that MBAs are not students and acting hostile towards such students, and very unfortunate virtue signaling on behalf of the faculty to show that they care about diversity and inclusion efforts on the foreground, while such discriminatory acts continue to persist and are not acted upon in the background.

In retrospect, even if I had to take a worse ranked MBA program, I hands down would have. This has been an utterly disappointing year for myself, and to those of you who will enroll into the 2021-2022 cohort, good luck with your experience... you’ll need it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
oxfordsaidmba, thanks for sharing... in your experience, is it the same for Masters in Financial Economics students, given that they’re also part of Said?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Can we confirm this from any other student as well.. So we r not biased based on one opinion.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I’m not an student (I’m applying this fall) but I’ve spoken with several recent alumni who have all had really positive things to say about the program. I am not discrediting this individuals experience as I’m sure they are genuine experiences and feelings. Just wanted to acknowledge that some individuals have enjoyed the program and been happy they attended. Additionally, to point 1, this is common complaint from a lot of alumni I’ve spoken with (including several from HEC Paris and INSEAD). I think it depends on the industry you’re going into though. For example, I want to do marketing so I know no matter where I go I’ll be largely on my own but if someone is interested in consulting then other schools may have stronger relationships with recruiters than Oxford. I do appreciate you sharing your experience as it’s great to shed some light on these areas.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
yes

Originally posted by Pr3m on 03 Aug 2021, 00:10.
Last edited by Pr3m on 19 Oct 2021, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi,

Does anyone have any clarity regarding the waiver for TOEFL/IELTS, given the recent changes introduced by the school?

Originally posted by GMAT1003 on 04 Aug 2021, 22:40.
Last edited by GMAT1003 on 04 Aug 2021, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Send PM
it seems like if you’ve graduated more than 2 years ago and haven’t worked in a majority English-speaking country, giving a language exam is now mandatory
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello - quick question about the Employment History section of the application portal: Under the Select 'Add New' and add details of your current role section, do we put all roles or just our current and the CV upload covers the rest? I know the next section is to define current role only but just want to confirm whether I need to add all employment history. Thanks!
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
GMAT1003 wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any clarity regarding the waiver for TOEFL/IELTS, given the recent changes introduced by the school?

the following countries get wavier on their TOEFL/IELTS:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, USA, UK.
TOEFL: Minimum score : 110,Minimum required each component: Listening - 22; Reading - 24; Writing - 24; Speaking - 25.
IELTS : Minimum Score: 7.5 , Minimum required on each component: 7.0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Does Oxford MBA accepts Executive Assessment Score?
Current Student
Send PM
Thom10 wrote:
Hello - quick question about the Employment History section of the application portal: Under the Select ’Add New’ and add details of your current role section, do we put all roles or just our current and the CV upload covers the rest? I know the next section is to define current role only but just want to confirm whether I need to add all employment history. Thanks!

I just put my current job
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Send PM