Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 127
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
tanu11 wrote:
harivars wrote:
can anyone please tell if Indian candidates, who have studied in university where medium of instruction is English, are exempted from taking English language test for oxford MBA application

no . you have to take the English exam

Have they recently made any changes with respect to English language test requirement.
i cannot see any updates on website
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GRE 1: Q157 V153
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
harivars wrote:
no . you have to take the English exam

Have they recently made any changes with respect to English language test requirement.
i cannot see any updates on website[/quote] I dont think so. If your medium of education as well as work is English you may get a waiver. Just email the admissions committee.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i mailed the adcom but got a generic reply, stating whatever is already mentioned on their website

At the discretion of the Admissions Committee, the requirement to provide English language test scores may be waived. You can apply for a waiver if you have completed, or are currently completing one of the following:

A degree-level course that is:

full-time
at least nine months in duration
undertaken at a recognised institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course is undertaken entirely in English; and
has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying.
You can also apply for a waiver based on substantial professional experience if:

you have worked for a minimum of two years in a majority English speaking country where the main language for the role was English
your role involved daily professional use of each of the four language components (reading, writing, listening, and speaking)
you worked in an appropriately technical context to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in an academic environment; and
your role has ended no more than two years before the start date of the course to which you are applying.
If you meet either criteria based on your previous education or your professional experience, you will need to indicate this by answering yes or no to the English Language waiver questions on the ’English Ability’ tab on your application form. If you choose the professional experience option, you will need to summarise your role and use of English to enable the assessors to judge whether it meets the criteria.

i am not able to comprehend their advise on following statement

"has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying"

Originally posted by harivars on 20 Aug 2021, 06:21.
Last edited by harivars on 20 Aug 2021, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GRE 1: Q157 V153
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
how many years experience do you have?

What I suggest is you apply for waiver. Even if it is declined worst case scenario you will have to give the exam.

But if waived itll save you a lot of effort.

Originally posted by makshay62 on 20 Aug 2021, 06:24.
Last edited by makshay62 on 20 Aug 2021, 06:25, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I mailed the adcom. They replied back stating

If you graduated from a degree level course within the last 2 years where the medium of instruction was English you would be eligible for an academic waiver to the language test. If you graduated more than 2 years ago you would not, however if you use English every day at work you would be eligible for a professional waiver. You just need to upload a letter stating how you use the 4 elements of the language test, reading, writing, speaking and listening in your every day working life.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
yes even i got the mail stating i am not eligible for the waiver

As evidence we require a letter which outlines the extent of your professional experience in English. This must include specific examples that cover the core components of speaking, reading, writing, and listening

any one has any idea , how to write such letter for language test exemption,

Originally posted by harivars on 20 Aug 2021, 08:37.
Last edited by harivars on 20 Aug 2021, 08:41, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 103
Send PM