Last visit was: 14 Jul 2024, 22:11 It is currently 14 Jul 2024, 22:11
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 79
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [5]
Given Kudos: 41
Location: Singapore
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 2676
Own Kudos [?]: 612 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 79
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Location: Singapore
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 17 Feb 2018
Posts: 11
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Hi
I am looking to apply for the 2019 intake have started working on my applications.

Please find below pointers on my profile :
1. 10th - 93%
2. 12th - 92%
3. Btech in Mathematics & Computing from DCE - 80.77%
4. GMAT - 740 (Quants 51, Verbal 39, IR 8, AWA 5)
5. 3 yrs of work experience in Business Analytics & Strategy - Paytm - Business Analytics, HSBC - Risk Strategy for Middle East region and my current company is Oyo rooms which gives me a lot of learning towards driving things and leading analytics in different spheres. Have some achievements from my diverse work experience - for example runners up at the advanced analytics competition for HSBC Global Analytics Centre.
6. I was the VP for a technical fest at DCE and also have some volunteer experience(not alot though).
7. I had received the LN Birla scholarship for academic merit twice in my school days.
What kind of chances do I have this year in round 2, I may not be ready with my application by round 1?Do chances go down drastically for subsequent rounds?

Sent from my vivo 1713 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
CEO
CEO
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 2676
Own Kudos [?]: 612 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ayush1992 wrote:
Hi
I am looking to apply for the 2019 intake have started working on my applications.

Please find below pointers on my profile :
1. 10th - 93%
2. 12th - 92%
3. Btech in Mathematics & Computing from DCE - 80.77%
4. GMAT - 740 (Quants 51, Verbal 39, IR 8, AWA 5)
5. 3 yrs of work experience in Business Analytics & Strategy - Paytm - Business Analytics, HSBC - Risk Strategy for Middle East region and my current company is Oyo rooms which gives me a lot of learning towards driving things and leading analytics in different spheres. Have some achievements from my diverse work experience - for example runners up at the advanced analytics competition for HSBC Global Analytics Centre.
6. I was the VP for a technical fest at DCE and also have some volunteer experience(not alot though).
7. I had received the LN Birla scholarship for academic merit twice in my school days.
What kind of chances do I have this year in round 2, I may not be ready with my application by round 1?Do chances go down drastically for subsequent rounds?

Sent from my vivo 1713 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi Ayush,

If you submit a bad application in Round 1, you will have absolutely no chances. Submit by Round 2 and submit a solid application. You will still be just as competitive and the extra time will allow you to present your best self.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 79
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Location: Singapore
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
ayush1992 wrote:
Hi
I am looking to apply for the 2019 intake have started working on my applications.

Please find below pointers on my profile :
1. 10th - 93%
2. 12th - 92%
3. Btech in Mathematics & Computing from DCE - 80.77%
4. GMAT - 740 (Quants 51, Verbal 39, IR 8, AWA 5)
5. 3 yrs of work experience in Business Analytics & Strategy - Paytm - Business Analytics, HSBC - Risk Strategy for Middle East region and my current company is Oyo rooms which gives me a lot of learning towards driving things and leading analytics in different spheres. Have some achievements from my diverse work experience - for example runners up at the advanced analytics competition for HSBC Global Analytics Centre.
6. I was the VP for a technical fest at DCE and also have some volunteer experience(not alot though).
7. I had received the LN Birla scholarship for academic merit twice in my school days.
What kind of chances do I have this year in round 2, I may not be ready with my application by round 1?Do chances go down drastically for subsequent rounds?

Sent from my vivo 1713 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


My honest opinion with regards to this issue on rounds is that they do matter. Every school always emphasises that each round doesn't matter. That could be true but they have incentive to lie as well - they wouldn't want everyone clamouring to apply in R1. Consultants on the other hand, have no incentive to lie (feel free to share your thoughts on this!). However, I must stress that both parties agree on one thing, and that is to only apply when you feel your application is the best that it can be.

Congrats on your score tho! For point 7., if they scholarship was received in university then that's good. if it was received in secondary school, then I don't feel it would add much impact? I got a music scholarship that lasted me from 13-16 but I highly doubt that's gonna cut any ice. I'm still thinking whether I should mention it in my essay.

All the best in your apps! If we do become classmates in JBS, I'd be sure to look out for you. Cheers.
Current Student
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 178
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Hello everyone!
I am constantly facing error in logging into the site, its just not moving beyind the login page!
I am so nervous now, i hope this doesnt continue till 7th and I miss out on the deadline!

I have mailed the adcom as well but am super worried!! Is it usual with JBS apps??
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 79
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Location: Singapore
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
1
Kudos
spc11 wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am constantly facing error in logging into the site, its just not moving beyind the login page!
I am so nervous now, i hope this doesnt continue till 7th and I miss out on the deadline!

I have mailed the adcom as well but am super worried!! Is it usual with JBS apps??


Hi I just tried it. It's working fine.
Current Student
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 178
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
SamuelWitwicky wrote:
spc11 wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am constantly facing error in logging into the site, its just not moving beyind the login page!
I am so nervous now, i hope this doesnt continue till 7th and I miss out on the deadline!

I have mailed the adcom as well but am super worried!! Is it usual with JBS apps??


Hi I just tried it. It's working fine.


I think it has issues when there is too much traffic...I could also login later on!

thanks :)
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 79
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Location: Singapore
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
spc11 wrote:
SamuelWitwicky wrote:
spc11 wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am constantly facing error in logging into the site, its just not moving beyind the login page!
I am so nervous now, i hope this doesnt continue till 7th and I miss out on the deadline!

I have mailed the adcom as well but am super worried!! Is it usual with JBS apps??


Hi I just tried it. It's working fine.


I think it has issues when there is too much traffic...I could also login later on!

thanks :)


All the best in your applications!
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 79
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Location: Singapore
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
In for round 1! If anyone has any questions in the later rounds I will do my best to answer
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 26
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
In
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 79
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Location: Singapore
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
For those whose recommenders struggled to upload their recommendation letters, I think the link is working now. My supervisor managed to upload his letter.
Current Student
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 178
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
rohitakadisco28 wrote:
In
How do you know so soon? Have they already called for interviews?

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 26
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Hey! By 'In' I meant to loop myself in this thread. Sorry, I can see how it was confusing. They haven't released any dates for shortlist intimation..
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 26
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Anybody knows at around which dates Cambridge send out the interview invite decisions?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 79
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Location: Singapore
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
rohitakadisco28 wrote:
Anybody knows at around which dates Cambridge send out the interview invite decisions?


Yeah I emailed them. By 28 September!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 26
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Oh great! Thank you for the quick reply! :)
Manager
Manager
Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 79
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Location: Singapore
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
rohitakadisco28 wrote:
Oh great! Thank you for the quick reply! :)


My pleasure. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Feb 2018
Posts: 40
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Hey rohitakadisco28,

maybe don't use "In" randomly on the forum posts 'cause it is actually confusing, specially during decision period. Just a tip! ;)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6979 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
236 posts