Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:28 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [2]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Hi, researching the program for now. Heading to their Dubai event tomorrow morning. Anyone else interested in this program?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Hi.. How good is this program? I am exploring few options. My profile : shipping and logistics (ops head), age 35+, work exp 15yrs +, probably would be self sponsoring unless MIT wants fund me :)

Sent from my LS-4505 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NattySingh wrote:
Hi.. How good is this program? I am exploring few options. My profile : shipping and logistics (ops head), age 35+, work exp 15yrs +, probably would be self sponsoring unless MIT wants fund me :)

Hi Natty, it’s an interesting program and specifically targeted at people with significant work experience. I attended their Dubai admissions event today and one of the main things which came out was that it’s an intensive experience with a lot of freedom. You have world class faculty who are focused on research in the latest fields of management and given its proximity to other MIT/Boston schools the learning curve is steep for all involved. Was looking at the program online and they do have people who are pretty senior. The alum who talked to us today himself had 20 years work ex with Unilever before he went for the program.

Again this is all I could get from the Talk today, but would be great to hear from some of the other people on the forum on this program. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
qwertyuiopme wrote:
NattySingh wrote:

Hi Natty, it’s an interesting program and specifically targeted at people with significant work experience. I attended their Dubai admissions event today and one of the main things which came out was that it’s an intensive experience with a lot of freedom. You have world class faculty who are focused on research in the latest fields of management and given its proximity to other MIT/Boston schools the learning curve is steep for all involved. Was looking at the program online and they do have people who are pretty senior. The alum who talked to us today himself had 20 years work ex with Unilever before he went for the program.

Again this is all I could get from the Talk today, but would be great to hear from some of the other people on the forum on this program. Hope this helps.

Thanks understand R1 is complete .. Looks like at least I am late for 2018batch... Do we need to give GMAT or waiver is possible..

Appreciate if anyone can respond ...

Thanks

Intern
Intern
Send PM
NattySingh wrote:
qwertyuiopme wrote:
NattySingh wrote:

Thanks understand R1 is complete .. Looks like at least I am late for 2018batch... Do we need to give GMAT or waiver is possible..

Appreciate if anyone can respond ...

Thanks

They asked international students to apply by R2. Waivers are possible but reach out to them. I think they have introduced a new executive assessment test developed by gmac and are insistent about giving one of the tests.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the prompt revert.. Just checked R2 deadline is 4th DEC..

Have you given executive assessment test?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
NattySingh wrote:
Thanks for the prompt revert.. Just checked R2 deadline is 4th DEC..

Have you given executive assessment test?

Nope. Planning on GMAT next month. Will have a look at it though as they mentioned it’s a shorter test and doesn’t require as intensive a prep as GMAT.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
You are planning to give full GMAT.. I may look for executive assessment test for next week if its short and does not require extensive study ... Thanks do all the info..

Intern
Intern
Send PM
MIT fellow admission chat is organised by MIT adcomm in next 4 hours .. Anyone attending it?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
I think the answers for asked questions yesterday were in their webinar. You can find the video on MIT SF website ( admission event)
Sorry, this forum doesn't allow me to post it for now :cry:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone took EA test already? Would you please share your experience with us?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My colleague gave a test last week with out much preparation.. Score 152.. Q12 v8 IR 12. How good is the score. As per him verbal was tough .. How should I prepare for verbal for my test .. Any /all feedback would be appreciated.. My test is on 4th Mumbai thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Another Sloan Fellow applicant here. Call me: Joe. I have submitted my application fr the first round, invited two weeks ago, and interviewed last week. The program looks superb and the majority of the alumni who I talked to speak high of the experience there. As the oldest graduate management program offered by MIT, Sloan Fellow is quite strong and reputable, however, the tuition is insanely expensive. I'd highly appreciate it to have your views and thoughts on the program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Another Sloan Fellow applicant here. Call me: Joe. I have submitted my application fr the first round, invited two weeks ago, and interviewed last week. The program looks superb and the majority of the alumni who I talked to speak high of the experience there. As the oldest graduate management program offered by MIT, Sloan Fellow is quite strong and reputable, however, the tuition is insanely expensive. I'd highly appreciate it to have your views and thoughts on the program.

Hi Joe,

Do you mind sharing your profile and the interview experience further? The expensive bit was brought up during the admissions event I attended, and they advised that MIT helps out generously with loans covering not only tuition but living expenses as well. This was one of the points highlighted by an alum as well. Would suggest you reach out to them to understand more ( and share your findings here as well ).

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Joe.. Congrats on interview invite. Further to above queries also advise regarding EA test score and interview experience.. When will they announce the results for R1.. I have EA on 4th..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
qwertyuiopme wrote:
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi Joe,

Do you mind sharing your profile and the interview experience further? The expensive bit was brought up during the admissions event I attended, and they advised that MIT helps out generously with loans covering not only tuition but living expenses as well. This was one of the points highlighted by an alum as well. Would suggest you reach out to them to understand more ( and share your findings here as well ).

Thank you.
I work for major telco operator as department head (the upper layer of middle management). BSc and MSc in Engineering, almost 13 years of WE. Interview was straightforward and simple, detailed discussion about the professional experience , many whats and whys ? why Sloan Fellows, immediate and mid term career plans, how did you know the program.. It was a good experience and the interviewer was just very professional and friendly. I already met her when visited the program last year. My primary goal is to move up in my career to the top management, but I am not rush into that goal, I want to support my experience by a strong management training program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
NattySingh wrote:
Dear Joe.. Congrats on interview invite. Further to above queries also advise regarding EA test score and interview experience.. When will they announce the results for R1.. I have EA on 4th..

I strongly believe that for this year in particular, it is advantageous to give the EA test, because it is new test and almost there is no previous scores to compare with. For me, I gave the GRE 4 years ago, and applied with it. The R1 results will be announced this coming Thursday.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts