It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 05:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 00:58
Good luck for your result.. Remember to update us on Thursday..

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 08:31
NattySingh wrote:

Thank you.

As we all wait for the outcomes, can we please share profiles ? and what are the views about the program?
I will start here: As I posted in earlier post, I am of engineering background with 13 years of work experience, and my primary goal is to accelerate my career and move up to more responsibilities. I am in ICT industry and thought would find MIT Sloan strong in technology strategy, digital economics, and high-tech related management. 3 years ago, was lucky to be accepted into other top 10 traditional full time MBA programs (both one year and two year), but when carefully considered all factors and my personal goals (not changing company, country, or industry, although open to any good opportunity) and taking into consideration the high quality of the program attendees and alumni, I felt it is the best fit and would provide me with what I am looking for. I also have talked to a good number of alumni and found the vast majority of them speak extremely high of it and pushed me to go forward for it. to be fair, I found one guy who didn't feel happy with it due to the fact that he was very young and was looking for full career and recruiting services. I don't think it is the program to blame in his case as the administration repeatedly make clear that there is no recruiting services for this particular program, and I fully understand the reason. What surprised me when I visited the program last year is the academic rigor of the program, it is on par with the traditional two year MBA in term of courses contents, study styles, demanding, and quite tough.

Please share your thought here.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 01:10
SloanFellow19 wrote:
NattySingh wrote:
Dear Joe.. Congrats on interview invite. Further to above queries also advise regarding EA test score and interview experience.. When will they announce the results for R1.. I have EA on 4th..

I strongly believe that for this year in particular, it is advantageous to give the EA test, because it is new test and almost there is no previous scores to compare with. For me, I gave the GRE 4 years ago, and applied with it. The R1 results will be announced this coming Thursday.

Hi Joe,
Thank you for your share. Although I have limit understanding of you, I bet you will receive the admitted letter in these day! Go go go!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 01:16
I guess you are still thinking whether to attend MITSF or not. My personal experience is: while doing application work, such as cover letter, essay and so on, I was reviewing my motivation of this program again and again. So, I decided to apply for this program with my passion and effort. Otherwise, I can invest my USD 250 on iPhone X instead. :grin:

SloanFellow19 wrote:
NattySingh wrote:

Thank you.

As we all wait for the outcomes, can we please share profiles ? and what are the views about the program?
I will start here: As I posted in earlier post, I am of engineering background with 13 years of work experience, and my primary goal is to accelerate my career and move up to more responsibilities. I am in ICT industry and thought would find MIT Sloan strong in technology strategy, digital economics, and high-tech related management. 3 years ago, was lucky to be accepted into other top 10 traditional full time MBA programs (both one year and two year), but when carefully considered all factors and my personal goals (not changing company, country, or industry, although open to any good opportunity) and taking into consideration the high quality of the program attendees and alumni, I felt it is the best fit and would provide me with what I am looking for. I also have talked to a good number of alumni and found the vast majority of them speak extremely high of it and pushed me to go forward for it. to be fair, I found one guy who didn't feel happy with it due to the fact that he was very young and was looking for full career and recruiting services. I don't think it is the program to blame in his case as the administration repeatedly make clear that there is no recruiting services for this particular program, and I fully understand the reason. What surprised me when I visited the program last year is the academic rigor of the program, it is on par with the traditional two year MBA in term of courses contents, study styles, demanding, and quite tough.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Leadership, General Management
WE: Brand Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 01:24
SloanFellow19 wrote:
NattySingh wrote:

Thank you.

Agree with your perspective on the program and looking for something similar as an immersive experience. They were quite clear in the admission event this time that they are working on providing a career placement service. However, the intention of the program is to educate and help you network rather than do the triple shift. I have been exploring alum profiles and some people in fact managed to do one of utmost two shifts - industry and geography.

I think the program is suited the best to people looking to continue in their industry, geography, role, but then the student base shows a high% of internationals - slight contradiction, and hence the pivot in recent months to helping with placement. Nonetheless for people with significant work experience, I don’t really foresee a career fair kind of event helping them meet their goals. It will eventually boil down to how you network and whom you reach out to if selected in the program.

A brief profile - Engineer MBA with 10 years work experience in CPG/Telecom industries. Leading the MEA regional marketing team currently for a US multinational. Looking for a program which helps in accelerating career, provides a global overview and helps refresh my current knowledge base and skill sets.

Writing the essay and refining the resume currently. Hope to hear from more people on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 03:33
fourleaf wrote:
I guess you are still thinking whether to attend MITSF or not. My personal experience is: while doing application work, such as cover letter, essay and so on, I was reviewing my motivation of this program again and again. So, I decided to apply for this program with my passion and effort. Otherwise, I can invest my USD 250 on iPhone X instead. :grin:

SloanFellow19 wrote:
NattySingh wrote:

Thank you.

1- "I bet you will receive the admitted letter...." many many thanks for your motivating words, such a nice attitude reflects terrific personality. I wish you the best of the best.
2- "I guess you are still thinking...." , No. I made my decision, if admitted certainly will attend.
3- "Otherwise, I can invest my USD 250 on iPhone X instead"... $250 isn't enough for iPhoneX :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 02:54
It's almost sunrise in Boston now. Hope the acceptance letter is ready to go to your mailbox!
:thumbup:

INSEAD Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Education)

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 04:05
fourleaf wrote:
It's almost sunrise in Boston now. Hope the acceptance letter is ready to go to your mailbox!

And the anxiety is rising, wait for 2pm ET, that's when the emails go out

One day, all kids will have access to an excellent education

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 04:25
fourleaf wrote:

Thanks for the motivations .. hope the best for all. By reminding us that the day has finally come, you just raised our anxiety :-)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 04:27
Abhishank wrote:
fourleaf wrote:

And the anxiety is rising, wait for 2pm ET, that's when the emails go out

wish you the best outcomes. Is it at 2 pm, or earlier? I heard from previous applicants that sometimes they start sending from 9 am.

INSEAD Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 04:36
All the best to everyone :D, I hope everyone here gets an invite

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 04:43
Abhishank wrote:
All the best to everyone :D, I hope everyone here gets an invite

Thanks and wish the best to you as well. It is more than invite, it is the decision day ....

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 08:37
Got the call from Mr. Rod Garcia. Probably gonna remember it for the rest of my life. Surreal.

All the best to everyone.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
INSEAD Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 08:45
This post received
KUDOS
PrivateRyan wrote:
Got the call from Mr. Rod Garcia. Probably gonna remember it for the rest of my life. Surreal.

All the best to everyone.

Oh the acceptance call ?
Congrats :) :) :) :)

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 15:43
accepted to SF2020 maybe because of my work experience. maybe the first one in class 2020

INSEAD Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 16:59
Ding :(

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 07:07
Got in !! what a relief ! Congratulations for all accepted and wish the best of luck for those who didn't make it.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 07:10
Abhishank wrote:
Ding :(

Sorry to hear that. Hope for better results with the other applications. Keep the hope... We don't (and will never) know what is the best choice...

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 07:58
Do you have whatsapp group for admitted?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 10:19
xqy wrote:
Do you have whatsapp group for admitted?

Not yet.

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2017, 10:19

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 109 posts ] 

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap