Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 14:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best Forum Posts June 7, 2012

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
GMAT Club team member
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Best Forum Posts June 7, 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2012, 15:15

This Week's TOP GMAT Forum Topics

• The most efficient approach to GMAT Sentence Correction: So, when you are faced with a GMAT Sentence Correction question, the proper thing to do is to read the prompt carefully, and then read all five answer choices carefully, right? WRONG!
  • As Vs Like: correct and incorrect usages : Two seemingly simple words – like and as – often create havoc in the minds of test takers when they both appear in the answer choices in a sentence correction question.
  • Common Parallel Structure Words in GMAT Sentence Correction :Concision is one of the goals of parallel structure. Consider the following monstrosity of a sentence. How best to simplify it?
    " After I get my next paycheck, I am seriously thinking about buying a jet ski, I am seriously thinking about treating my friends to dinner, and I am seriously thinking about putting some money away in savings."
  • Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book [Free Download] :The GMAT Club Ultmate GMAT Grammar Book is designed to help international students who aim to improve their English and Grammar skills before taking the SC AWA sections and also to help with essay writing and just to be better at English. And now it's FREE!
  • How I (almost) belled the GMAT-710(Q45,V42) : GMAT Club member Melodania scored a very respectable 710 on the GMAT. Here's a good writeup of their journey.

This Week's TOP MBA Forum Topics

• Best MBA Application Tips from Elite Alumni and Students: During GMAT Club's existence, we've had the pleasure of helping many students achieve their dreams of attending a top b-school. During that time, many of these members have contributed their best application tips and advice once they've completed their applications. Use this thread of quotes to learn from some of our most successful members what it takes to build a top application!
  • MBA Application Guide [Free Download]: GMAT Club's Guide to the Business School Application is a great guide that Rhyme is making available for free! It includes GMAT Club's collective application wisdom and is based on the questions asked on the forum by thousands of GMAT Club members (sometimes over and over again).
  • The Consortium MBA Application: Benefits: The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management is an organization that has formed alliances with many of the best U.S. business schools and major corporations. Applying to business schools through the Consortium has a number of benefits.
  • B-School visit - suggestions, tips, do's & dont's?:I will most likely be visiting some b-schools around August/September this year. Could someone who has been through this process recommend how I should proceed in terms of logistics, lodging, scheduling visits with the schools, students, alumni, faculty, admissions office etc.
  • Attend a tier 2 or reapply to a tier 1: GMAT Club member Phdprospect has been admitted into a school ranking in the Forbes "early-20s" and rejected from Yale, Wharton and Harvard. Should they defer the existing acceptance with the hopes of being accepted next round in a tier 1?

Want to get these via email? Subscribe to GMAT Club Newsletter!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Best Forum Posts June 7, 2012   [#permalink] 21 Jun 2012, 15:15