I decided to go the GRE route, which I know is risky (since I am having trouble finding any substantial data out there)
UGPA: 3.84 from an ivy
GRE: Q:163, v:165
Work experience: Currently have 2 years experience [would be 3 if I enter next year, or 4 the following year] at large companies in sports/publishing
I'm mainly interested in Sloan/CBS/Yale. Do I have a shot if I applied R2 this year, or should I wait until R1 next year? Any other advice for a GRE applicant would be helpful!
Given both your excellent grades and GRE scores, I don't think the GRE will be an issue at all.
There is no harm in(other than the expense and effort) of trying this year R2. If you are accepted, great. If not you can reapply next year. However, I do think your chances at your target schools will be much better R1 of next year, unless there is some kind of surge in applicants. You might be interested in "When to Apply?."
If you would like help with your MBA application,
either this year or next, please keep Accepted in mind.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog