Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Nov 2014, 21:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 89

Kudos [?]: 598 [0], given: 109

Premium Member CAT Tests
5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 19:22
Expert's post
Hi,
Can anyone shed some light and share your knowledge on the resources available from 'Legendaddy' on this forum...?
How reliable and effective are they as compared to real GMAT...
I mean these 5000 practice questions; 700+ tough math question; legendary SC, CR, RC questions, 10 GMAT full length paper based tests etc...?
And to what extent they're relevant to GMAT...?(as I see there is a post from IIM CAT also).

Highly appreciate any feedback from those who have tried it.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Followers: 331

Kudos [?]: 2782 [0], given: 704

Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 02:34
Expert's post
In my opinion the drill are really good, on one hand; on the other hand I rely only on official material.

Listen, out there, yu can find the veritas question bank free of charge. you tube, math site, the gmat clib tag thanks to which you have a bunch of official material free (mgmat, grockit)..........I mean it is only a question of searching and will to beat the gmat.

Last but not least: Bunuel questions............

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 02:48
Expert's post
Hey,
could you please elaborate on the material you're talking about apart from Veritas Prep free quiz bank..?

Thanks..!

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 04:15
Expert's post
Hi carcass,
Can you please share any link related to these:

"you tube, math site, the gmat clib tag thanks to which you have a bunch of official material free (mgmat, grockit)"...

Expert Post
Followers: 331

Kudos [?]: 2782 [0], given: 704

Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2012, 03:28
Expert's post
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2012, 03:48
Expert's post
Retired Moderator
Affiliations: PMI, ASQ
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 132

Kudos [?]: 759 [0], given: 21

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 20:44
debayan222 wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone shed some light and share your knowledge on the resources available from 'Legendaddy' on this forum...?
I mean these 5000 practice questions; 700+ tough math question; legendary SC, CR, RC questions, 10 GMAT full length paper based tests etc...?
And to what extent they're relevant to GMAT...?(as I see there is a post from IIM CAT also).

I would strongly recommend not to use the materials I post as primary practice resources. You should ideally follow OG/MGMAT/Veritas/... as their stuff is much more aligned to GMAT compared to my stuff. In fact, if an aspirant is on a tight schedule, he/she should avoid my materials altogether.

Most of the stuff I post is what I have found helpful in building my skills, so I post a lot of stuff from LSAT, as that has helped me increase speed and develop technique. But it may not work for many, though the sole intention of posting is to help others. The 5000 problems is just a compilation of the 1000 series questions. The IIM quant helps build quant concepts but GMAT quant requires less calculations and more eye towards tricks. 700+ series is again a compilation of questions primarily used for coaching classes in Bangalore.

Please use my uploads(and other un-official materials) judiciously, else they may not provide you the benefit you seek.

Legendary Collections
1. 700 Level Quant 2. IIM Quant 3. 100 CR from LSAT 4. 100 Legendary SC 5. 5000 Practice problems 6.125 Quant 7. 38 SC 8. 10 Full Length GMAT Pen&Paper Tests
9. 1500+ RC 10. 100 Legendary CR 11. Additional Verbal Qs 12. Additional Quant Qs

My debrief |Free essay review initiative
PM me for One-on-One Webex Tutoring

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 21:10
Expert's post
Legendaddy wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hi,

I would strongly recommend not to use the materials I post as primary practice resources. You should ideally follow OG/MGMAT/Veritas/... as their stuff is much more aligned to GMAT compared to my stuff. In fact, if an aspirant is on a tight schedule, he/she should avoid my materials altogether.

Most of the stuff I post is what I have found helpful in building my skills, so I post a lot of stuff from LSAT, as that has helped me increase speed and develop technique. But it may not work for many, though the sole intention of posting is to help others. The 5000 problems is just a compilation of the 1000 series questions. The IIM quant helps build quant concepts but GMAT quant requires less calculations and more eye towards tricks. 700+ series is again a compilation of questions primarily used for coaching classes in Bangalore.

Please use my uploads(and other un-official materials) judiciously, else they may not provide you the benefit you seek.

Hey,
You sent me a PM on this already back in last November.. :)

However, thanks for your detailed reply bro !

Re: 5000 Practice problems for GMAT by Legendaddy   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2013, 21:10