Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 16:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

560 :(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

560 :( [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2006, 19:25
This forum is SOO COOL! AARGH why didn't I stumble into you guys before?? I got a disappointing 560 today, but I admit it is all my fault since I totally underestimated the whole thing. Beleve it or not, I only started studying barely one week ago. I thought the GMAT only needed a review of high school math and english....big mistake lol.

I have read several of the posts made by the people who achieved their test goals, and I just can't help but feel even dumber for not giving this test the importance it deserved.

However, after reading all the advice and experiences shared by everyone here, I am determined to retake the test but this time giving it all the necessary time and effort until I understand all the concepts to perfection.
I got my kaplan books and cd and tomorrow I'll go purchase that Official GMAT guide since it seems it is the best book around.

I want to say thank you to everyone in this community for sharing your experiences, I know that if I get a high score it will be in no small part thanks to everyone here.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2006, 20:15
Welcome to the club and don't let the previous experience with the GMAT hinder your progress. Its probably a good thing that you know what the GMAT is about now that you've taken it.

Feel free to ask questions... a lot of knowledgeable people around this club will be happy to answer.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

preparation [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2006, 20:55
Thank you, I hope I can become one more of the successful stories found here. These experiences truly are a great source of inspiration, expecially when you feel dumb or sad for not doing as well as you hoped to. I actually realize how lucky we all are to have this forum, something that was not even available just a few years ago.

I will try to follow all the directions and advice given so far in the various threads, and ask if I feel stuck or just in need of a little encouragement.
Take care and best wishes to all, cya around
SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2006, 00:04
Welcome Arojas !

It's nice that u don't give up :). 560 and 1 week of preparation without any usual materials leaves definitly a lot of possible improvements.

And of course, u have found the website for it :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2006, 04:01
good luck and study hard!
it can be done!
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2006, 07:05
Welcome Arojas,

Hope you find this place useful and that it helps you crack the exam when you take it again next time. Like they say (hmm..or should it be 'As they say'?) - when you go into battle, you should never ever underestimate your opponent!

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

[#permalink] 10 Aug 2006, 07:05